Roe v Wade is gone. Who's to blame?

155,000,000 people voted in 2020. 73,000,000 in this country are under the age of 18. That leaves roughly 100,000,000 who did not vote. So the majority of those who could, did. Donald Trump and Don McGhan are responsible for this. They essentially went with whatever the Heritage Foundation sent them down the pike. And Ruth Bader Ginsburg should have retired while Obama was POTUS. But judges are the most fucking arrogant and self-important people in the country after cardiovascular surgeons.

What I'm not quite sure I understand is the shock. We saw this coming when the orange demigod had all those picks. Elections have consequences.

We're about to find out how close we can come to a White Nationalist Theocracy. Or anarchy. It appears these people are fine with either one.

I guess this makes impeaching & removing the SCOTUS judges that voted to overturn Roe v. Wade the major issue in the upcoming congressional elections.

They almost all stated that they considered Roe v. Wade to be settled law and would not overturn it at their nomination hearings. That makes them guilty of perjury.

A hot topic for Dem congressional candidates.

Regardless of your political views, wouldn't you have to agree that these judges lying while under oath to be impeachable?
:laughing0301:

Words have meanings - especially in law:

If they said they considered it settled law, then they do NOT have the right to change their minds.
If you see the words of Biden over a half century, there are many differences. When he was running for President, he said different things then what he has done. Except for the green deal.

Blame?

Your STATES, your STATE REPS, get to legislate and decide now.

The federal govt no longer imposes its morality (or lack thereof) or it's edicts on you.

Instead of doxxing, threatening, intimidating,affecting violence as against,and attempting to assassinate USSC Justices, you violent leftist psychos can go after your state reps.

:p

Yup. This is why the court had to act. The left has become a full-on death cult and they need to be stopped.
If the left wants to point a finger at a person, it would have to be Gov. Ralph Northham. When he said babies would be delivered and made comfortable while women pondered their right to choose it set alarm bells ringing across the country.

Dear Liberals - I vote left wing most of the time, but I would advise you folks not to blame Republicans for this latest Supreme Court decision. A major portion of the blame for this rests squarely on the tens of millions of liberal or left leaning people who never (or rarely) bother to vote. If even 1/2 of these folks had gotten off their rumps and cast a ballot these last dozen years, this mess could have all been avoided. Hopefully this sends a strong message to them. Your rights are not automatic, support them or lose them! :bye1:
Certainly, a clear majority of Americans supporting Roe v Wade and opposing the overthrow of the popular precedent of half-a-century underscores the importance of voting, but at least two of the recent court appointees who decided to abolish a woman's recognized right falsely claimed to respect established law in their confirmation hearings. Some believed them.

The trend toward authoritarianism is more pervasive than just in reproductive rights, and that certainly is a strong incentive to vote.

As less educated states now embrace their regressive, repressive laws, the national bifurcation becomes more stark, progressive states guarding personal liberty while power elsewhere devolves from the People to dictatorial politicians and bureaucrats.

With medical abortion increasingly available via the internet, the threat in the backward states becomes censorship of personal communications and confiscation of private mail by the State.

The current Supreme Court is the least-respected in history.

America is in trouble.

What I'm not quite sure I understand is the shock. We saw this coming when the orange demigod had all those picks. Elections have consequences.

We're about to find out how close we can come to a White Nationalist Theocracy. Or anarchy. It appears these people are fine with either one.

Hush, DemoKKKrat. You kept a KKK member in the governor's mansion in Virginia until 2021, and you voted for the guy who said he didn't want his kids living in a "racial jungle" with black people. If anyone's a white nationalist, it's you.

I wish this had been left alone
It wasn’t so as a thinker I accept what I didn’t want and I behave.
Recent lawlessness of last several years plus repeated witch hunts and illegal influence attempts at judges homes likely strained the judges. Even though they work from law, they are flesh and blood and they do develop perceptions, not emotions, that they well should
In essence the 3 year liberal bullshit of Get Trump, burn cities, create endless hoaxes, most likely were participatory in the demise of that which lib loons held dear.

Blame?

Your STATES, your STATE REPS, get to legislate and decide now.

The federal govt no longer imposes its morality (or lack thereof) or it's edicts on you.

Instead of doxxing, threatening, intimidating,affecting violence as against,and attempting to assassinate USSC Justices, you violent leftist psychos can go after your state reps.

:p

Their emotions won’t allow them to figure this obvious point out.

The hateful crap you believe....Poor america....

Death cult:

Protesters gathered outside the Supreme Court were seen taking abortion pills ahead of the nation’s highest court hearing arguments over the Mississippi abortion law challenging Roe v. Wade.

"Abortion pills forever," the protesters repeatedly chant, according to footage posted by Erin Matson on Twitter Wednesday morning.

"Epic action from @ShoutYrAbortion — people took abortion pills outside the Supreme Court!," Matson, a feminist activist, captioned the video.

The hateful crap you believe....Poor america....
This is what their media has created. Rage, hate, conspiracy and paranoia, multiplied by decades of intellectual isolation in their bubble. It just took a flamboyant, hyper-sensitive, manicured, tan-sprayed, hair sprayed, gold plated NY City billionaire who doesn't give two shits about them to let it all out. Go figure.

It's still a little difficult to believe this could happen here.

There is absolutely an element of truth in that. A lack of enthusiasm for Hillary, some bad campaign decisions on her part, Putin's duplicity by meddling in the election, and Comey's letter all conspired (along with the country's most undemocratic institution, the EC) to leave us with the Orange Skidmark.
But let's not let Repubs completely off the hook. After all, if not for McTurtle's abuse of power the court would have a 5-4 liberal majority even with Dem voter apathy, reflecting the desires of a majority of Americans.

Once again groomed leftist we are a representative republic hence the EC. Now I understand you have been groomed over many years to believe the US is a democracy and there was a constitutional right to abortion but both of these are lies. You should be angry at those who have lied to you over the years.
If you were smart you would understand this simple premise and react accordingly. I doubt it so put on your pussy hat and have a ball!

Certainly, a clear majority of Americans supporting Roe v Wade and opposing the overthrow of the popular precedent of half-a-century underscores the importance of voting, but at least two of the recent court appointees who decided to abolish a woman's recognized right falsely claimed to respect established law in their confirmation hearings. Some believed them.

The trend toward authoritarianism is more pervasive than just in reproductive rights, and that certainly is a strong incentive to vote.

As less educated states now embrace their regressive, repressive laws, the national bifurcation becomes more stark, progressive states guarding personal liberty while power elsewhere devolves from the People to dictatorial politicians and bureaucrats.

With medical abortion increasingly available via the internet, the threat in the backward states becomes censorship of personal communications and confiscation of private mail by the State.

The current Supreme Court is the least-respected in history.

America is in trouble.
I can almost feel the tears....Now, if it is such a clear majority, then embark on calling for an amendment, that's the only way to make abortion a "right".....

You liberals just got a lesson on how what the court giveth, the court can taketh....Therefore, not a right.

This is what their media has created. Rage, hate, conspiracy and paranoia, multiplied by decades of intellectual isolation in their bubble. It just took a flamboyant, hyper-sensitive, manicured, tan-sprayed, hair sprayed, gold plated NY City billionaire who doesn't give two shits about them to let it all out. Go figure.

You voted for the guy who told black people the Republicans would put them in chains.

You seem confused

Here is why Victor Davis Hanson voted for your orange boogyman

You should listen to what he has to say

Roe v Wade is gone. Who's to blame?
Short answer: those who foolishly voted for Trump in 2016.

Ultimately, the American people are to blame – the consequence of their ignorance, stupidity, and blind partisanism.

The people are solely responsible for the good – or bad – government they get; and the government they got today is the very worst.

You believe a gigantic pile of super emotional balogna about abortion.... and guns etc etc Dems.... Meanwhile, you dupes don't even know who pays taxes or that we are the only modern country without a living wage health care cheap college and training great infrastructure and vacations....total dupes, baffled by bs...

Forum List

Back