Rocky Balboa

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
Just got back from seeing it. I liked it. much better than 5. I liked it alot. Very inspirational.

Cant say much about the trailers I saw though. One of them was for "Blood and chocolate" and trust me it looks as dumb as it sounds.

But if i told you that, where would the fun be?

Id recommend seeing it regardless cause its an amusing movie. Mike Tyson made a cameo

I though Balboa got injured in the fight against that streetside punk whom he challenged.

Anyways , whom does Balboa fight in the new flick?

I though Balboa got injured in the fight against that streetside punk whom he challenged.

Anyways , whom does Balboa fight in the new flick?

no. he did get injuried against the Russian though. Severe brain trauma. but he is an old guy now and probably doesnt care about it as much.

And he is fighting a boxers named Mason Dixon.

Saw it this afternoon. I'm willing to say that it's the best Rocky movie since the first one. Very inspirational, but never hokey. Paulie and Stallone were both great in it.

When his theme music started up the hairs on the back of my neck stood to attention.I loved this flic.

This movie pretty much ignores most of Rocky V, outside of him living in a smaller house.

good entertainment, not the best movie of the year, not not at all the worst.

Did Stallone give the name "Mason Dixon" to the young black world champion on purpose ? Was it not the name of the demarcation line between esclavagist and non-esclavagist States in the 1860's ? Anyway, quite funny.

Oh yes, dear, and tehy are not the worst : Marcel Cerdan, a legend, before him Georges Carpentier (both were world champion professional).
Fabrice Tiozzo, world champion (WBA) from 1997 to 2000.
Brahim Asloum, Olympic Champion (2000),
Jean-Marc Mormeck, world champion (WBA / WBC) in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005. Second best heavy weights in 2006, he got the Ring belt the same year.

France has a quite good tradition in boxe.

Add to this that the boxe with fists and feet is called "french boxe", or "savate".

Sorry to deceive again your hopes against France.

Oh yes, dear, and tehy are not the worst : Marcel Cerdan, a legend, before him Georges Carpentier (both were world champion professional).
Fabrice Tiozzo, world champion (WBA) from 1997 to 2000.
Brahim Asloum, Olympic Champion (2000),
Jean-Marc Mormeck, world champion (WBA / WBC) in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005. Second best heavy weights in 2006, he got the Ring belt the same year.

France has a quite good tradition in boxe.

Add to this that the boxe with fists and feet is called "french boxe", or "savate".

Sorry to deceive again your hopes against France.
Yeah !!! and the most famous in France it's Brahim Asloum.

Anyway I love Rocky balboa. The first Rocky and this one are really done in the same way. Great dialogues and I love the cinematography. Stallone keeps the touch of the first Rocky by not doing it with the HD.

Great!

Another Rocky picture I can avoid until it's on basic cable and I can watch snippets of it as I surf channels.

Stallon made one good movie that I have ever seen ... entitled Cop land.

I was startled to discover in that film that the man could actually act, and I really do think he more than held his own on the screen with such talent as Kietel, Liotto and Di Niro.

Everything else I have ever seen Stallone in, he plays basically the same muscle-head character type.

Forum List

Back