Roberts wasn't corrupt enough so Dems appoint Leahy to preside over impeachment

If Roberts won't do it, and you don't want Leahy to preside, or anyone else who is affiliated with a U.S. political party, who ya gonna call? Queen Elizabeth?
How about just calling off the whole charade?

It's not a "charade." The guy was a criminal when he was in office, and he must be held accountable, regardless of the fact that he no longer is in office.

Remember that trump just totally ignored everyone who didn't vote for him when he was in office and just bad-mouthed them, and millions did not vote for him, considering that he did not win the majority vote in either the 2016 or 2020 elections. He would not even submit to Congress' lawful oversight.
What happened to him being charged criminally the minute he was out of office? That’s how crimes are handled for a private citizen.

Roberts should have done it, but let's face it. No matter who presides, the right would be screaming about it. It's what they do.

Why "should" Roberts have done it? What do you think you "know" that he doesn't?

And you're damned right we'd be screaming about it no matter what. And since what the left does is dream up insane new abuses of power and then send compliant mindless drones like you out to parrot talking points about how it's "perfectly normal, nothing to see here", opposing your shit very much is what we do.
He should have done it because "When the president is tried, the chief justice shall preside.”

T**** was President when he was impeached and he is being tried for acts committed while he was the President. I don't see how a sitting senator from either side can be considered impartial. He acts as referee. It's like having a pitcher's mom be umpire in the World Series.

Except that the President isn't being tried. I don't know if you noticed, but Donald Trump stopped being President on January 20.

Yes, he was President when he was "impeached". And now he isn't, which makes the "impeachment" a moot point. The purpose of impeachment - real impeachment, not the made-for-TV vengeance ritual the Democrats are engaged in - is to remove an elected official from office. Since term limits have already accomplished this purpose, your masters are just wasting the taxpayers' time and money to advance their petty political goals and to divert attention from the fact that they can't make good on any of the pie-in-the-sky bullshit they sold to gullible morons like you in the campaign.

If Roberts won't do it, and you don't want Leahy to preside, or anyone else who is affiliated with a U.S. political party, who ya gonna call? Queen Elizabeth?

It's not a "charade." The guy was a criminal when he was in office, and he must be held accountable, regardless of the fact that he no longer is in office.

Remember that trump just totally ignored everyone who didn't vote for him when he was in office and just bad-mouthed them, and millions did not vote for him, considering that he did not win the majority vote in either the 2016 or 2020 elections. He would not even submit to Congress' lawful oversight.
How was Trump a criminal? Trump didn’t badmouth anybody in fact, he helped a lot of people including a lot of blacks. His economy was also great and he created a lot of jobs until the Democrats used the pandemic to shut everyone’s livlihood down. It’s really the Democrats who are criminals

What happened to him being charged criminally the minute he was out of office? That’s how crimes are handled for a private citizen.
There were no crimes.

Might as well appointed George Soros.
Roberts bailed on his own.
Nope... Roberts told them that what they are doing is unconstitutional...Then refused to play their game....
You're gonna hafta provide a quote for that.

Nope... Roberts told them that what they are doing is unconstitutional...Then refused to play their game....

You would think having Chief Justice Roberts say, "No thanks. I don't believe I'll participate" would be a red flag to these people, but apparently not.
Why?

You would think having Chief Justice Roberts say, "No thanks. I don't believe I'll participate" would be a red flag to these people, but apparently not.
You don't get to make the rules for a senate trial of a former president.
No such thing.
Yeah? Hide and watch, kid.

No such thing.
I will watch the farce. It won’t be Constitutional in any way, but you clowns will beat off to it.

No such thing.
I will watch the farce. It won’t be Constitutional in any way, but you clowns will beat off to it.

Considering the fact that President Trump will be officially exonerated by the event, I can't see a downside.

Forum List

Back