Robert Kagan: Trump will run in 2024 and send America to 'its greatest constitutional crisis since the Civil War'

Washington Post columnist Robert Kagan on Thursday delivered a stark warning about the future of the American republic, which he said was going to come under great strain thanks in large part to the actions of former President Donald Trump.

Kagan starts off by dispelling the notion that Trump will not run for president in 2024.

"Donald Trump will be the Republican candidate for president in 2024," he writes. "The hope and expectation that he would fade in visibility and influence have been delusional. He enjoys mammoth leads in the polls; he is building a massive campaign war chest; and at this moment the Democratic ticket looks vulnerable. Barring health problems, he is running."

Kagan goes on to warn that Trump and his allies are "preparing for victory by any means necessary," through "an organized nationwide campaign to ensure that Trump and his supporters will have the control over state and local election officials that they lacked in 2020."

Kagan then warns Americans that they should not be certain that the constitutional order will again hold if it comes under assault for a second time in three years.

"All that prevented it was a handful of state officials with notable courage and integrity, and the reluctance of two attorneys general and a vice president to obey orders they deemed inappropriate," he writes. "These were not the checks and balances the Framers had in mind when they designed the Constitution, of course, but Trump has exposed the inadequacy of those protections."

Read the whole essay here.

This essay is alarming and should concern us all - regardless of political ideology. There is much more to this essay on the The Washington Post website. I totally agree with Robert Kagan's warnings.

Trump will have my vote! Joe Biden is a fcking disaster and a total embarrassment.

1632632845574.png

Why would any sane person want the Trump grifters back in the White House?

Trump Says Only Hurdle To 2024 Run Would Be A ‘Bad Call From A Doctor’

Lol, I'll be telling you the same in 2024.

I've got no doubt he will run for pure vengeance reasons alone. His problem is, the people that change their vote to get rid if him are unlikely to reverse it to re install him. Think about that.
Check the figures and tell me where that many votes came from other than republicans.

I've got no doubt he will run for pure vengeance reasons alone. His problem is, the people that change their vote to get rid if him are unlikely to reverse it to re install him. Think about that.
Check the figures and tell me where that many votes came from other than republicans.
Biden's approval is at 43% and he can't do any better. Dementia only gets worse, not better.

It's only gonna get worse, oh and I don't want to ever hear you ever complain about a Republican president not taking questions.

His demrbtua will not stop people voting for him. His win proved that.
Now his popularity drops and you are expecting his demise.
Trump could well still be abuse president if he'd stayed away also. Every time he opened his ignorant mouth he told lies or how wondrrful he was. If was What he said, why did they vote him out?
Got an answer for that?

I couldn't care less if Biden never took a question. There's no law saying he has to. He has psaki to do that.
And you think he's not smart enough to realise fox etc would like to see him tangle his words. Grow up. You don't even know the standard practices.

The only constitutional crisis he would create is the crisis of bringing back to the constitution and making it relevant again.

The current administration would definitely see that as a crisis.

His demrbtua will not stop people voting for him. His win proved that.
Now his popularity drops and you are expecting his demise.
Trump could well still be abuse president if he'd stayed away also. Every time he opened his ignorant mouth he told lies or how wondrrful he was. If was What he said, why did they vote him out?
Got an answer for that?

I couldn't care less if Biden never took a question. There's no law saying he has to. He has psaki to do that.
And you think he's not smart enough to realise fox etc would like to see him tangle his words. Grow up. You don't even know the standard practices.
Lol, Trump was able to take questions and answer them even when they tried to set him up. Biden has made us look weak and made us the laughing stock of the world. Oh and Biden has lied more than Trump and even plagiarized his speech enough to make him drop out of one of his presidential campaigns.

Lol, Trump was able to take questions and answer them even when they tried to set him up. Biden has made us look weak and made us the laughing stock of the world. Oh and Biden has lied more than Trump and even plagiarized his speech enough to make him drop out of one of his presidential campaigns.

Trump was an idiot who loved to hear himself speak. He saw the question time as free airtime in tv, which it was, but he didn't see the fool he was making if the administration.
Oh. Prove he has lied more than trump.
He4es a list of trumps lies. See if you can beat that big mouth.

Put up or shut up.

The only constitutional crisis he would create is the crisis of bringing back to the constitution and making it relevant again.

The current administration would definitely see that as a crisis.

Hahahaha.. Trump has never read the Constitution.. He said it was too hard like a foreign language.

So far Biden's policies have been America first.
Poor employment numbers.
We are no longer energy independent.
Still have Americans stranded in Afghanistan.
Inflation through the roof.
Consumer prices rising.
Energy prices rising.
Made the taliban one of the top military institutions in the world.
Forcing mandates on Americans to take an experimental vaccine and excludes illegal immigrants crossing our border.
Opened our border wide open.
Fixing to raise our taxes to a 50 year high.
The covid cases on the rise after being handed a vaccine.
Made us the laughing stock of the world.
Yeah Biden is really looking out for us, but his wallet seems to override our interests.

Trump was an idiot who loved to hear himself speak. He saw the question time as free airtime in tv, which it was, but he didn't see the fool he was making if the administration.
Oh. Prove he has lied more than trump.
He4es a list of trumps lies. See if you can beat that big mouth.

Put up or shut up.
Let's see the moron lied about graduating at the top of his class, when he graduated at the bottom of his class. He has lied about any accomplishment in which he did good. The man plagiarized several speeches. He cannot tell the truth, just like Obama couldn't either.
189908922_766860730672510_9038295877802925448_n.jpg

Let's see the moron lied about graduating at the top of his class, when he graduated at the bottom of his class. He has lied about any accomplishment in which he did good. The man plagiarized several speeches. He cannot tell the truth, just like Obama couldn't either.
View attachment 544037
Nice fantasy bro, where are indictments?

Oh yea, that's right, the only indictments were of Trump's people, who Trump then corruptly pardoned, when he wasn't busy trying to get Republicans to squash his own indictments called impeachments.

Reality is tough.

Last edited:
View attachment 544037

Not interested. You said he was lied more than trump and I proved you wrong.
Furthermore, I don't care if he lies because you never cared when trump lied. You set the benchmark. Deal with it.

I don't think the Left Wing shitheads have anything to worry about. The Democrat filth have learned how to steal elections with the scam of unverified mail in and harvested ballots in Democrat control swing districts. America will never have another legitimate election.

Source??

Under Trump 2 million jobs were lost, you still love him - weird eh?
Yeah the government shut down the United States, what do you think was going to happen. Trump had those numbers on the rise, until the demented fool took over. The last two weeks the jobs reports came back under what was expected. Biden has been a failure his entire 50 year carrer as a politician.

Forum List

Back