Robert Kagan: Trump will run in 2024 and send America to 'its greatest constitutional crisis since the Civil War'

Washington Post columnist Robert Kagan on Thursday delivered a stark warning about the future of the American republic, which he said was going to come under great strain thanks in large part to the actions of former President Donald Trump.

Kagan starts off by dispelling the notion that Trump will not run for president in 2024.

"Donald Trump will be the Republican candidate for president in 2024," he writes. "The hope and expectation that he would fade in visibility and influence have been delusional. He enjoys mammoth leads in the polls; he is building a massive campaign war chest; and at this moment the Democratic ticket looks vulnerable. Barring health problems, he is running."

Kagan goes on to warn that Trump and his allies are "preparing for victory by any means necessary," through "an organized nationwide campaign to ensure that Trump and his supporters will have the control over state and local election officials that they lacked in 2020."

Kagan then warns Americans that they should not be certain that the constitutional order will again hold if it comes under assault for a second time in three years.

"All that prevented it was a handful of state officials with notable courage and integrity, and the reluctance of two attorneys general and a vice president to obey orders they deemed inappropriate," he writes. "These were not the checks and balances the Framers had in mind when they designed the Constitution, of course, but Trump has exposed the inadequacy of those protections."

Read the whole essay here.

This essay is alarming and should concern us all - regardless of political ideology. There is much more to this essay on the The Washington Post website. I totally agree with Robert Kagan's warnings.

The author of that essay doesn't take in consideration of the fact that New York and Georgia are investigating trump for very serious crimes.

If trump isn't in prison for his crimes by 2024, he will still be in legal hell defending himself in the cases he's going to be facing.

We will have to wait to see what happens but I wouldn't be surprised if trump won't be in the race for president in 2024.

Washington Post columnist Robert Kagan on Thursday delivered a stark warning about the future of the American republic, which he said was going to come under great strain thanks in large part to the actions of former President Donald Trump.

Kagan starts off by dispelling the notion that Trump will not run for president in 2024.

"Donald Trump will be the Republican candidate for president in 2024," he writes. "The hope and expectation that he would fade in visibility and influence have been delusional. He enjoys mammoth leads in the polls; he is building a massive campaign war chest; and at this moment the Democratic ticket looks vulnerable. Barring health problems, he is running."

Kagan goes on to warn that Trump and his allies are "preparing for victory by any means necessary," through "an organized nationwide campaign to ensure that Trump and his supporters will have the control over state and local election officials that they lacked in 2020."

Kagan then warns Americans that they should not be certain that the constitutional order will again hold if it comes under assault for a second time in three years.

"All that prevented it was a handful of state officials with notable courage and integrity, and the reluctance of two attorneys general and a vice president to obey orders they deemed inappropriate," he writes. "These were not the checks and balances the Framers had in mind when they designed the Constitution, of course, but Trump has exposed the inadequacy of those protections."

This essay is alarming and should concern us all - regardless of political ideology. There is much more to this essay on the The Washington Post website. I totally agree with Robert Kagan's warnings.
Dreams2.jpg

I think lib intellectuals are whipping the lib base into hysteria

Then they will lead the hair-on-fire crowd to unconstitutional actions and even violence based on the lie that its necessary to keep those evil trump voters in their place and out of power

This isnt going to end well

Hence voter suppression laws in Republican states and measures intended to disenfranchise minority voters.

Just the illegal aliens ones. And the dead ones. And the ones too stupid to get a photo ID.
And the ones too stupid to go to their polling place on election day. Or too dumb to legitimately
vote early.

Do you actually read what you link to?

from that link:

A co-founder of the neoconservative Project for the New American Century
Yes, I do...but apparently you don't. He's a swamp creature---who hated TRump and apparently has been in bed with the criminal raping Clintons and other dirty pols for a long long while.

"During the 2016 U.S. presidential election campaign, Kagan left the Republican Party due to the party's nomination of Donald Trump and endorsed the Democratic candidate, Hillary Clinton, for president."

Last edited:
I would say the Trump hysteria and irrationality is starting up again but it never has really stopped.

Meanwhile senile racist Joe Biden is still driving the nation towards a cliff.

How is Hunter's lap top doing?

If Donnie runs again (hopefully he'll be in prison) our very young experiment in democratic self-governance will be in grave danger whether he wins or loses.

If he loses, we'll see another 1/6 or something even worse. If he wins? Kiss it all goodbye. Hungary/ Russia/ Turkey here we come!

Yes it is and if You think I'm wrong, you prove it.

You can laugh all you want dickhead but I know you're not. It's that you didn't want anyone to know you supported it all. Home of tb er brave and hand on heart etc, yet republicans supported the takeover of the country by a ratbag fascist. Wheres your patriotism to america in that? You're just a desperate right wing extremist wanting to eliminate all opposition to your utopian north Korea type government.

Keep laughing boy. Have another swing at me.

Still projecting I see. Of course America is also seeing it. They know their lives were better under Trump because he put the country first. You commies are trying to destroy the country by brining in millions of people from third world shitholes. You want to fundamentally alter the greatest country on earth by creating a majority government dependent class. It's commies like YOU that are the traitors to this nation because you sit back and applaud a lawless demented moron in the WH and who ever is pulling his strings. So feel free to keep projecting your values on us, and I'll keep calling you on it.

right on time…as the horrors of the xiden, harris dembot cult govt are unfolding across the globe, one of the cultist propagandist starts up with some radical fear mongering to try and get some swaying cultist back in line

this propaganda is getting just silly

It's all a distraction trying to deflect from the total failure of the xiden regime.

You're an idiot, Lacky, Trump had four years to do it, and he didn't. What a buffoon you are. :rolleyes-41:

Still projecting I see. Of course America is also seeing it. They know their lives were better under Trump because he put the country first.
How did trumps presidency improve your life? I'll bet you cannot put one thing forward that can be directly related to one of his directions.

You commies are trying to destroy the country by brining in millions of people from third world shitholes. You want to fundamentally alter the greatest country on earth by creating a majority government dependent class.

Communists again. Is that the best defence you've got? Grow up.
The greatest country on earth is your opinion. Ever heard of China?
Unless you have travelled the world, you know nothing.

It's commies like YOU that are the traitors to this nation because you sit back and applaud a lawless demented moron in the WH and who ever is pulling his strings. So feel free to keep projecting your values on us, and I'll keep calling you on it.

Exactly what has Biden done that is against the law? Name it and show the charges he faced.
Your problem is he campaigned brilliantly to encourage your silent majority to vote for him instead of the fascist groper.
Your rally numbers didn't equate to votes.
The election was not stolen and is proven to be so. Trump was dumped and idiots like you are still whinging.

Rant all you like sucker. It's over and you should accept democracy.
The capitol riots proved the dictator he was and how he wanted to destroy democracy and you supported it.
Yet you bellow about patriotism, Chinese takeover etc. when it was your man who made history. Home if the brace my arse. You lot are a disgrace to the country and should remain silent forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, Trump's administration was a heck of a lot more transparent than Biden's. He silences the news and cannot take questions.

If you say so but it's your trump defeat syndrome which is still causing you problems. Keep taking the meds.

The only way a man running for president could possibly be considered a threat is if a person does not believe the American people have the right to elect our leaders.

The only way a man running for president could possibly be considered a threat is if a person does not believe the American people have the right to elect our leaders.

Exactly! Which is what Trump and his MAGA nuts believe! They are working hard to rig the system in their favor: AUTOCRACY! MINORITY RULE!

The freaking Country is falling apart under the "leadership" of a mentally impaired president but WAPO is in the business of warning us about a republican candidate in 2024? WTF happened to current events?

New Topics

Forum List

Back