Robert Kagan: Trump will run in 2024 and send America to 'its greatest constitutional crisis since the Civil War'

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Washington Post columnist Robert Kagan on Thursday delivered a stark warning about the future of the American republic, which he said was going to come under great strain thanks in large part to the actions of former President Donald Trump.

Kagan starts off by dispelling the notion that Trump will not run for president in 2024.

"Donald Trump will be the Republican candidate for president in 2024," he writes. "The hope and expectation that he would fade in visibility and influence have been delusional. He enjoys mammoth leads in the polls; he is building a massive campaign war chest; and at this moment the Democratic ticket looks vulnerable. Barring health problems, he is running."

Kagan goes on to warn that Trump and his allies are "preparing for victory by any means necessary," through "an organized nationwide campaign to ensure that Trump and his supporters will have the control over state and local election officials that they lacked in 2020."

Kagan then warns Americans that they should not be certain that the constitutional order will again hold if it comes under assault for a second time in three years.

"All that prevented it was a handful of state officials with notable courage and integrity, and the reluctance of two attorneys general and a vice president to obey orders they deemed inappropriate," he writes. "These were not the checks and balances the Framers had in mind when they designed the Constitution, of course, but Trump has exposed the inadequacy of those protections."

Read the whole essay here.

This essay is alarming and should concern us all - regardless of political ideology. There is much more to this essay on the The Washington Post website. I totally agree with Robert Kagan's warnings.

If Trump runs & wins we can kiss our Democratic Republic goodbye forever. Once it's gone it's all over. Trump will burn this entire Country down just to even the score with his enemies because he's a FUCKING PSYCHOPATH.

Democrats had better regroup & get their shit together.

If Trump runs & wins we can kiss our Democratic Republic goodbye forever. Once it's gone it's all over. Trump will burn this entire Country down just to even the score with his enemies because he's a FUCKING PSYCHOPATH.

I totally agree! I can't imagine the Trump crooks and grifters back in the White House and running our government. It's chilling.

Because he'll beat Kamala like a rented........you know.
I think you're wrong Democrats will have to nominate a new Candidate even Dems won't vote for the Race baiting Worthless Wonder from California She has 0 support. even In her own circle of advisors haven't you heard she's a Racist. "Race baiters are Racists" any questions?

Washington Post columnist Robert Kagan on Thursday delivered a stark warning about the future of the American republic, which he said was going to come under great strain thanks in large part to the actions of former President Donald Trump.

Kagan starts off by dispelling the notion that Trump will not run for president in 2024.

"Donald Trump will be the Republican candidate for president in 2024," he writes. "The hope and expectation that he would fade in visibility and influence have been delusional. He enjoys mammoth leads in the polls; he is building a massive campaign war chest; and at this moment the Democratic ticket looks vulnerable. Barring health problems, he is running."

Kagan goes on to warn that Trump and his allies are "preparing for victory by any means necessary," through "an organized nationwide campaign to ensure that Trump and his supporters will have the control over state and local election officials that they lacked in 2020."

Kagan then warns Americans that they should not be certain that the constitutional order will again hold if it comes under assault for a second time in three years.

"All that prevented it was a handful of state officials with notable courage and integrity, and the reluctance of two attorneys general and a vice president to obey orders they deemed inappropriate," he writes. "These were not the checks and balances the Framers had in mind when they designed the Constitution, of course, but Trump has exposed the inadequacy of those protections."

This essay is alarming and should concern us all - regardless of political ideology. There is much more to this essay on the The Washington Post website. I totally agree with Robert Kagan's warnings.
Democracy scares Democrats.

Ironic.

I think you're wrong Democrats will have to nominate a new Candidate even Dems won't vote for the Race baiting Worthless Wonder from California She has 0 support. even In her own circle of advisors haven't you heard she's a Racist. "Race baiters are Racists" any questions?
Look, I agree. For the life of me I cannot fathom why Biden picked Harris as his running mate. I don't know if she's a racist or not but Biden missed the boat when he picked her.

Look, I agree. For the life of me I cannot fathom why Biden picked Harris as his running mate. I don't know if she's a racist or not but Biden missed the boat when he picked her.

Biden could have done better - or worse. The main thing is that he won - and kicked Trump out of the White House. The best thing we can do now is try to keep Trump out of the presidency in 2024.

No, it's a serious warning from a very smart man.

Robert Kagan is a columnist for The Washington Post and a contributing editor at The New Republic and The Weekly Standard. He has also written for The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and several more.
Sure it is. Get your tinfoil now, stock up if you can. You folks are in for a bumpy ride.

These guys and their crystal balls (or lack thereof).

Didn't they make the same claims in 2015 and all throughout Trump's term in office?

Do you believe race baiters like Al Sharpton are "Racists" The narrative is only white people and cops are Racists. "Race Baiters of any Color are Racists" yes or no? if no what's the difference please enlighten me if you care too!

Forum List

Back