HaShev

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2009
Most Deli beef is salty spongey from all the injected marination to add weight and preserve it. Deli prices will also be double
what you can make yourself and slice.
A Good cut for hogies and hot roast beef sandwiches would be "Round Eye Roast"

Preheat oven at 475 degrees.
place a thin amount of water in your cooking tray if you want gravy and add beef stock or buillon and gravy master or partial pack of beef gravy mix.

COAT the ROAST with a little oil, I used butter flavored popcorn oil (soy oil).
Sprinkle very sparingly dust powder usong powdered thyme, because it's strong be careful it doesn't pour all over the roast.
Then Dust over the roast with some powdered onion and powdered garlic
Then lightly coat with kosher salt and ground pepper. Place in gravy prepared tray fat side down.
Cook for 6 minutes per pound then turn off heat or put it down to 175 degrees without opening the oven let it to continue to slow cook for 2 more hours.
Let the beef rest for 15 minutes at least before carving. Place in fridge and before slicing even freeze for 5-7 minutes for a firmer handle to slice into the beef.
When puting it through your slicer(if you have one) or hand carving thin or thick always slice opposite the grain.
So the grain should run up and down on the slicer not side to side.
When hand carving, you carve downward on grain running side to side.

Cut thick for beef and gravy and
potatoes and thin for tender deli style sandwiches.
Compliment it with your choice of horseradish sauce especially good on toasted buns Roy Rogers Roastbeef style. Yum!

Shhh don't anger Hobelim, he thinks the
Red Heifer symbolising the beast, should be replaced with a Tofu replica.

Most Deli beef is salty spongey from all the injected marination to add weight and preserve it. Deli prices will also be double
what you can make yourself and slice.
A Good cut for hogies and hot roast beef sandwiches would be "Round Eye Roast"

Preheat oven at 475 degrees.
place a thin amount of water in your cooking tray if you want gravy and add beef stock or buillon and gravy master or partial pack of beef gravy mix.

COAT the ROAST with a little oil, I used butter flavored popcorn oil (soy oil).
Sprinkle very sparingly dust powder usong powdered thyme, because it's strong be careful it doesn't pour all over the roast.
Then Dust over the roast with some powdered onion and powdered garlic
Then lightly coat with kosher salt and ground pepper. Place in gravy prepared tray fat side down.
Cook for 6 minutes per pound then turn off heat or put it down to 175 degrees without opening the oven let it to continue to slow cook for 2 more hours.
Let the beef rest for 15 minutes at least before carving. Place in fridge and before slicing even freeze for 5-7 minutes for a firmer handle to slice into the beef.
When puting it through your slicer(if you have one) or hand carving thin or thick always slice opposite the grain.
So the grain should run up and down on the slicer not side to side.
When hand carving, you carve downward on grain running side to side.

Cut thick for beef and gravy and
potatoes and thin for tender deli style sandwiches.
Compliment it with your choice of horseradish sauce especially good on toasted buns Roy Rogers Roastbeef style. Yum!

Funny you brought up roast beef as i'm just about to put mine in the oven.
Although i'm using a 5 lb boneless ribeye loin.
We're going to make French dip sandwiches for the game tommorow.
We cook our roasts extremely rare and dip the sliced beef into hot Au Jus then place it on toasted,buttered bread with a little mayo and top it with baby swiss and then we put it under the broiler to melt the cheese.

You know how to throw a party!
Sounds Good.

New Topics

Forum List

Back