Road trip!

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
So I'm moving out of my apartment and will be gone by 8am tomorrow. With no final destination in mind, and no place to go, I've decided to take a road trip and go visit my brother in Georgia. My Dad is in South Carolina, so hopefully I'll be able to have some time with both of them, and hopefully of course see my 4 nephews that I very rarely see.

Being that he lives in the middle of absolutely nowhere, it may be very hard for me to even check my email, let alone check in here. I figure I'll drive around with my laptop and stop in front of someones house with wireless and steal some minimal bandwidth! :)

I hate driving long distances, so I figured I would drive about 6-7 hours tomorrow and maybe crash in southern Virginia and finish the other 5-6 hours on Friday morning.

I'll stop in as soon as I can. I hope you all are doing great, and continue to do so, and please take care of my board! :)

So I'm moving out of my apartment and will be gone by 8am tomorrow. With no final destination in mind, and no place to go, I've decided to take a road trip and go visit my brother in Georgia. My Dad is in South Carolina, so hopefully I'll be able to have some time with both of them, and hopefully of course see my 4 nephews that I very rarely see.

Being that he lives in the middle of absolutely nowhere, it may be very hard for me to even check my email, let alone check in here. I figure I'll drive around with my laptop and stop in front of someones house with wireless and steal some minimal bandwidth! :)

I hate driving long distances, so I figured I would drive about 6-7 hours tomorrow and maybe crash in southern Virginia and finish the other 5-6 hours on Friday morning.

I'll stop in as soon as I can. I hope you all are doing great, and continue to do so, and please take care of my board! :)

We'll be here....good luck!

Be sure Dan takes you to Arnolds for some good BBQ. Have fun!

Be safe in traveling.
Relax & enjoy yourself.
Tell Jeff "Hi" for me, if you see him, too.

I love road trips. I'm working on an early retirement. If it comes to fruition, I'm going to road trip myself. I'll first head up to my sister's place in Montana and visit a nephew I haven't seen in almost twenty years. Then on to Wisconsin to see friends and family. Then I have a good friend in Pennsylvania that I went to MMI with that I'd like to see, and I want to go the Getysburg battlefield again. I had pictures of that at one time, but my ex stole them when she cleared out. I'll head down to Georgia from there to see my old Air Force bud, and from there back to Nevada. Probably a ten thousand mile drive but, well, this old trucker can do it. I'll have no where to be, and all the time in the world to get there.

Take it easy Jim. Don't clutter up your mind with useless thoughts. Enjoy the road trip. I find them very theraputic... :beer:

Ouapssssss sorry, I meant Sconyers BBQ. Arnolds is in Birmingham

Me & Jim have an older brother who lives in Georgia, that's who he was talking about. Hopefully, I'll get a visit, too.:dunno:

Anyway, where's Sconyers? The nearest good BBQ places I know of are Dukes and Antleys, both in Orangeburg, SC.

Me & Jim have an older brother who lives in Georgia, that's who he was talking about. Hopefully, I'll get a visit, too.:dunno:

Anyway, where's Sconyers? The nearest good BBQ places I know of are Dukes and Antleys, both in Orangeburg, SC.

Oh man! Sconyers is between the mall and Bush field (the main airport).

I'll seek it out. Wrightsboro road is the main road that the mall is right off of, there's an airport a little ways down on Wrightsboro, too.

I'll seek it out. Wrightsboro road is the main road that the mall is right off of, there's an airport a little ways down on Wrightsboro, too.

From Wrightsboro road head down Bobby Jones expwy toward the airport.
Sconyers will be on the left can't miss it, but you have to exit....I think the exit is Peach Orchard Rd.

New Topics

Forum List

Back