Riverside County: Law says you HAVE to wear mask

What masks? There are none. Make your own? And who decides if it is correctly made? Meanwhile, you go to jail or get a ticket if caught without one. Whats next? Martial law?

And a bronx tiger has been tested positive for the flu. Not enough flu tests? Sure there are, if you are a big cat.

This is getting more and more ludicrous.
I see in Austria they required all people to wear masks when entering a store. They were supplied. This is a big problem. I went to Amazon--ship dates are end of April, mid-May. None in our stores. How can the government require masks when they aren't available? And don't start the bandana thing. Do we want something half way effective or just to go around looking stupid?

Shame on you, minimizing wearing some sort of cover over your mouth and nose to help stem the spread...Remember, the mask doesn't protect YOU from contracting the virus, but if you cough it stops the droplets from projecting outward in the infection of others...

As for not enough masks, tell that to 3M as they lied on the news directly, while they were bypassing America to sell to the highest bidder....

I will wear a pair of Jockey briefs on my head and look through the leg holes. I have black, blue and gray briefs. I just have to remember to check them for skid marks.
That was a fad among our young black folks in the Detroit area quite awhile back. Not sure if it was a national thing

What masks? There are none. Make your own? And who decides if it is correctly made? Meanwhile, you go to jail or get a ticket if caught without one. Whats next? Martial law?

And a bronx tiger has been tested positive for the flu. Not enough flu tests? Sure there are, if you are a big cat.

I see in Austria they required all people to wear masks when entering a store. They were supplied. This is a big problem. I went to Amazon--ship dates are end of April, mid-May. None in our stores. How can the government require masks when they aren't available? And don't start the bandana thing. Do we want something half way effective or just to go around looking stupid?

Shame on you, minimizing wearing some sort of cover over your mouth and nose to help stem the spread...Remember, the mask doesn't protect YOU from contracting the virus, but if you cough it stops the droplets from projecting outward in the infection of others...

As for not enough masks, tell that to 3M as they lied on the news directly, while they were bypassing America to sell to the highest bidder....
She is stating the truth.........they want to fine you and arrest you for not wearing one and there aren't any.

3M production overseas stopped them from coming here.........We aren't the only country in the world Not ALLOWING PPE out of our country.

Proof positive we need Manufacturing here in this country. Canada..........they are screwed right now..........they can't get squat.

We also have a face masks shortage here in Manila....it seems that the government wants to buy some masks from India and Thailand...
Luckily we don' have to wear a mask when we we go out of our home (at least for now) :dunno:

Just cuz I'm bored and have no plan to wear a mask..I made one with a bra cup insert. One of those stiff ones that hide nipples. Perfect size for a face, but it looked REALLY stupid. :auiqs.jpg:

Got a needle and thread? I do not think a mask will save you from catching Covid-19, but it might protect other from Covid-19 spreaders, by reducing how far they spread when speaking or coughing. Making masks for family use when doing necessary trips out is a good idea and simple to make.

Actually, I emailed my governor this a.m. and informed her of the situation here. I suggested that if she Orders face masks in public, they need to be supplied, since there are none to purchase (same goes for hand sanitizer).

I hope this helps someone out there ... with special love to Gracie, who is one of our board's most gracious persons. :huddle:

Coronavirus Has Us Getting Crafty—
How to Make a No-Sew Mask With a Scarf or Bandana

The first at-home, new-sew coronavirus mask option utilizes a scarf as the main material. The scarf should be 18 inches by 18 inches (you can cut if you have one that is bigger than that), and two hair ties—that’s it!

Gather up your materials and start by laying the scarf facedown on a flat surface. Fold the top half down to the midline, then fold the bottom half up to the midline, too. Flip it over, seams facing down. Fold the top half to the midline again so that the seams are down, then fold the bottom half up to the midline, too. Flip it over again, so the seams are facing up.

Loop the hair ties over each end, then fold the outer sides to the middle. Flip it over and loop the hair ties over each of your ears. The mask should cover your mouth and nose entirely.
May everybody have a blessed Good Friday, love in their hearts for their fellow countrymen, and respect for each person here at USMB. For those who believe in the spirit of God and the kind of love taught by his son Jesus, a very blessed Easter knowing that when Christ died on the cross, it was to be like the lamb once offered on an alter for some known or unknown wrong one did to one's fellows on this earth. Christ stood for the kingdom of God, for the brotherhood of one man to another, and for the reconciliation of all to the Father of all Mankind. He took the place of the sacrificial lamb so that no animal had to die because of something bad or unknowingly we did a wrong to another man of God's creation.

For those who do not know him, I hope that sometime in one of your leisure hours when nothing is bothering you, you will come to him with an humble spirit to share in his Kingdom which has no end in its comforting peace, love for this earth that was made and given us by a loving father who cares for you, who knows you as his own from the time you were conceived in joyful, loving human passion until the moment of your life's end, but not your spirit, which lives after you in the hearts of your fellow man. Through Him who simply is. Amen and amen .

The sad story is that wearing a mask does not do much to prevent you from getting a virus from others as they don't seal to the face. Their real purpose is to keep you from spreading it to others in close proximity by coughing or sneezing by catching the expelled aerosols! So unless you have Covid, are coughing and sneezing and close to other people, wearing the mask outside is mainly a pointless exercise to make everyone feel good.

The sad story is that wearing a mask does not do much to prevent you from getting a virus from others as they don't seal to the face. Their real purpose is to keep you from spreading it to others in close proximity by coughing or sneezing by catching the expelled aerosols! So unless you have Covid, are coughing and sneezing and close to other people, wearing the mask outside is mainly a pointless exercise to make everyone feel good.
Dearest toobfreak, I have the sad trait of allergic rhinitis and asthma. I've been coughing everytime an elm tree releases a pollen spore, and there are thousands in the area, and dozens of species that do not share the same pollenization time schedule, which makes me sneeze, cough, sputter and gag 24/7/365. <giggle> Well, okay, it's not that bad, but when I cough, now that I can't be allowed to touch my face anywhere, I have to wear a mask starting in the morning when I get up today. I have prolly 2 dozen bandanas, and so do other farmers and cattle folk here in my tall pines area of east Texas. Now when I cough and sputter, nobody will have to worry that I might have CV-19, and if I did, they'd be safe because I coughing through my "mask." Yeah, it makes people look like banditos, but it's like a fad, and everyone who's anyone is wearing a mask to protect themselves and others. It's just a hallmark of the day, a fashion statement, and a little bit of protection that tells people you probably sanitized your hands before setting foot out of your house to go to the nearest retailer who sells food and supplies for living that everyone needs. Lord knows all our county and city buildings have their doors locked from the insides, and you can't even get a marriage license or pay your taxes without a fist fight and a $40 fee in this county to do tax payments with some snitty creep who hates their job and everybody who wants to know what happened to the tax money they paid for services that are now totally unavailable with nobody taking responsibility for nothng, which I'm getting sick of because I want to get married and be able to enjoy the priviliges that go with it. *sigh* I haven't had those privileges for many years, and I feel like anybody else who paid an $8000 fee for nothing for the year, excused on the basis of a new version of the common cold called Coronavirus Disease Number 19. And I might add: :puke:

Anyhow, I ran into this neat little bing-located recipe for making a facemask out of an everyday object for country folk and many cityslickers too. <giggle> Have a nice day.

It's ineffective? I don't care. I'm doing it because it makes other people feel safe in this unsafe world. And I don't want to be sharing my sneezy effusions upon my fellow people. It just wouldn't be fitting.

She is stating the truth.........they want to fine you and arrest you for not wearing one and there aren't any.

3M production overseas stopped them from coming here.........We aren't the only country in the world Not ALLOWING PPE out of our country.

Proof positive we need Manufacturing here in this country. Canada..........they are screwed right now..........they can't get squat.

Oh good God....Really? Make your own....There are plenty of sites on google showing you how to sew a mask yourself, an if you can't sew, then there are also sites showing you how to make a cover out of a bandana and rubber bands....

Do you really need someone else to provide everything in your life?

Actually, I emailed my governor this a.m. and informed her of the situation here. I suggested that if she Orders face masks in public, they need to be supplied, since there are none to purchase (same goes for hand sanitizer).

Again, can you not make a mask for yourself? Do you really need government to supply it for you? Can you not wash your hands frequently?

This is the perfect example of exactly why liberalism, and total reliance on government will kill people.

So? Do it anyway....Look, one of the responsibilities we have for our fellow citizens is to keep each other calm....If wearing a covering while this is going on helps achieve that, then what's the harm? Also, you said yourself, it will cut down on the spread, is that not a good thing?

Dearest toobfreak, I have the sad trait of allergic rhinitis and asthma. I've been coughing everytime an elm tree releases a pollen spore, and there are thousands in the area, and dozens of species that do not share the same pollenization time schedule, which makes me sneeze, cough, sputter and gag 24/7/365. <giggle> Well, okay, it's not that bad, but when I cough, now that I can't be allowed to touch my face anywhere, I have to wear a mask starting in the morning when I get up today. I have prolly 2 dozen bandanas, and so do other farmers and cattle folk here in my tall pines area of east Texas. Now when I cough and sputter, nobody will have to worry that I might have CV-19, and if I did, they'd be safe because I coughing through my "mask." Yeah, it makes people look like banditos, but it's like a fad, and everyone who's anyone is wearing a mask to protect themselves and others. It's just a hallmark of the day, a fashion statement, and a little bit of protection that tells people you probably sanitized your hands before setting foot out of your house to go to the nearest retailer who sells food and supplies for living that everyone needs. Lord knows all our county and city buildings have their doors locked from the insides, and you can't even get a marriage license or pay your taxes without a fist fight and a $40 fee in this county to do tax payments with some snitty creep who hates their job and everybody who wants to know what happened to the tax money they paid for services that are now totally unavailable with nobody taking responsibility for nothng, which I'm getting sick of because I want to get married and be able to enjoy the priviliges that go with it. *sigh* I haven't had those privileges for many years, and I feel like anybody else who paid an $8000 fee for nothing for the year, excused on the basis of a new version of the common cold called Coronavirus Disease Number 19. And I might add: :puke:

Anyhow, I ran into this neat little bing-located recipe for making a facemask out of an everyday object for country folk and many cityslickers too. <giggle> Have a nice day.

It's ineffective? I don't care. I'm doing it because it makes other people feel safe in this unsafe world. And I don't want to be sharing my sneezy effusions upon my fellow people. It just wouldn't be fitting.

Cudos....I was thinking the exact same thing....We have a responsibility to others, not just worrying about how we look, or waiting on government to supply everything for us...

If you own a bandana or a t-shirt, you can make a face covering. In modern times, people look at Youtube to find simple solutions to everyday problems.

Cover your face. It's not complicated. You could be carrying the virus, unknowingly spewing it all over the place by coughing, talking, even breathing. The mask is so you won't spread it to the essential workers who have to take care of, and provide food for your whiny ass.

Forum List

Back