Rittenhouse ordered to stand trial

I'd run rings around you with regards to the Constitution and the Bill of Rights so, really, check yourself.

The fact of the matter is that both Wisconsin and Illinois prohibit the possession of the type of weapon he had. In his home state of Illinois, he would have to have an FOID (Firearm Owner's Identification Card). Rittenhouse doesn't have one. In Wisconsin, the transfer of a firearm to anyone under the age of 18 is illegal, and the possession of a firearm by anyone under the age of 18 is illegal, unless the minor is supervised by an adult while hunting or while undergoing a course of instruction.

There's no confusion here. There's no grey area.

Ten bucks?

Stop practicing law, child. You're not a lawyer and you really suck at it.

Last edited:
Not being 18 is a misdeamor ...............and shouldn't matter. The boy needed a gun to protect himself from violent convicted felons (aka dems) trying to kill him....................right to self defense covers his shooting of the violent criminals and should also cover the gun that was necessary to protect himself. Sad that our country has come down to our kids needing to be armed in order to proetect themselves from violent dems burning down our cities.

Turn him loose, lock up the POS prosecutor for malicious prosecutor and abuse of office.

Wisconsin actually has an EXPLICIT exemption for 16-18 year olds (he is) openly carrying (he was) long guns (it is).

Kyle is a great American hero.

No, he was a scared kid with a gun. He's not a "hero"...

A lot of people are scared when they go into battle for the first time. Doesn't mean they aren't heroes.

Well, being a combat Vet, I agree with you.

But Rittenhouse wasn't going into battle. He wanted to play "Army"...

He successfully guarded a business from rioters and when separated from his group by the police, and attacked by a mob, defended himself, killing two of them and wounding a third.

That sounds like a battle to me.

As a society we need more of that.

Well, no, as a society we need a whole lot less of needing that in the first place.

But yeah, if we're going to have violent riots happening, I'd far rather have the likes of Kyle Rittenhouse for my neighbor than some of these "blame the victim, how dare he interfere?" types.

There is no reason to assume that he "knew" he was breaking the law, by taking possession of the firearm.

Hell, I don't know that it was illegal of him to do it. I've seen people make a convincing case that it was not.

Hell, the cops saw him walking around with the rifle and no one said boo about it. DId the cops not know it was illegal?

Hell, again, there was a curfew in effect. That was not being enforced, because the police were ordered to let the mob roam teh streets.

Yes, broke curfew. So fine him a hundred bucks and tell him not to do it again.

Looks like Kyle is going to stand trial for his alleged crimes:

Kyle Rittenhouse, teen charged with killings at Jacob Blake protest, ordered to stand trial
Kyle Rittenhouse — the 17-year-old charged with killing two people during protests in Kenosha, Wisconsin, after the shooting of Jacob Blake — will stand trial on charges of felony homicide and other crimes, a court commissioner ruled Thursday.
During a preliminary hearing at Kenosha County Circuit Court, which was held via video link, commissioner Loren Keating ruled that there was enough evidence to send Rittenhouse to trial over the Aug. 25 killings of Joseph Rosenbaum, 36, and Anthony Huber, 26.
Rittenhouse also faces charges of possession of a dangerous weapon while under the age of 18 and felony attempted homicide for injuring a third man, Gaige Grosskreutz.
Lawyers for Rittenhouse argued that the teen, who has been praised by right-wing commentators and viewed sympathetically by the Trump administration, had acted in self-defense when he opened fire.
But Keating said those arguments were issues for trial — not a preliminary hearing. The teen’s lawyers also asked Keating to dismiss two charges, including possession of a dangerous weapon, but the commissioner declined, saying that was also an issue for trial.

Rittenhouse, of Antioch, Illinois, was released on $2 million bond last month, money mostly raised by conservatives through a legal defense fund.

One can only hope that he is being charged as an adult...

I would have been surprised had he not been ordered to stand trial. He shot someone on tape.

Whether or not he is guilty is another issue.

He shot people who were chasing him and attacking him, on tape.

That he was charged, is evidence we are sick as a society.

There's a concept known as "escalation of force". Deadly force is the very last level of force which should be used. Unfortunately for Rittenhouse, it's the only level of force he used. That will end up being his undoing...
I’d say turning and running, 2 seperate times, is deescalating.
Should he have asked shoot me nigga manlet pedo for a time out in the chase, found some pepper spray, then given that a go?

You're ignorant.

The concept of escalation of force actually has nothing to do with de-escalating anything...
I’m not ignorant. I know what it means.
What other level of force did rittenhouse have available?
He had his fists, and his gun. And last I checked, the escalation of force, force pyramid, and those other principles apply to law enforcement.
Joe blow citizen is not required to match force levels with an aggressor. Because someone puts their dukes up doesn’t mean I’m constrained to dunking it out with them. This isn’t a sanctioned contest, I’m also not law enforcement. If someone wants to engage in a violent conflict with a person and give them chase, they should fully expect to get leveled. Rittenhouse could have fired a howitzer at pedo-manlet and it would have been fine.

Kyle Rittenhouse, teen charged with killings at Jacob Blake protest, ordered to stand trial
Kyle Rittenhouse — the 17-year-old charged with killing two people during protests in Kenosha, Wisconsin, after the shooting of Jacob Blake — will stand trial on charges of felony homicide and other crimes, a court commissioner ruled Thursday.
During a preliminary hearing at Kenosha County Circuit Court, which was held via video link, commissioner Loren Keating ruled that there was enough evidence to send Rittenhouse to trial over the Aug. 25 killings of Joseph Rosenbaum, 36, and Anthony Huber, 26.
Rittenhouse also faces charges of possession of a dangerous weapon while under the age of 18 and felony attempted homicide for injuring a third man, Gaige Grosskreutz.
Lawyers for Rittenhouse argued that the teen, who has been praised by right-wing commentators and viewed sympathetically by the Trump administration, had acted in self-defense when he opened fire.
But Keating said those arguments were issues for trial — not a preliminary hearing. The teen’s lawyers also asked Keating to dismiss two charges, including possession of a dangerous weapon, but the commissioner declined, saying that was also an issue for trial.

Rittenhouse, of Antioch, Illinois, was released on $2 million bond last month, money mostly raised by conservatives through a legal defense fund.

Why do you hope that this child is charged as an adult?

And in related news..the 19yo who posed as a straw buyer for Kyle's gun has been charged:

Charges have been filed against a 19-year-old man who prosecutors allege purchased and supplied the gun used by 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse in the fatal shootings of two protesters in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
Dominick Black, of Kenosha, faces two felony counts of intentionally giving a dangerous weapon to a minor, causing death, according to a criminal complaint filed in Kenosha County Circuit Court. If he's found guilty, he faces up to 6 years in prison per count.

According to the criminal complaint, Black enlisted the help of Rittenhouse in guarding the Kenosha car dealership Car Source from property damage and looting. The complaint stated Black “volunteered to go out after curfew” and “asked Mr. Rittenhouse to join him.”

In interviews, the owner of Car Source has denied requesting help from either Black or Rittenhouse in protecting his dealership during the protests.

It's sad that a 17yo will be tried as an adult, and if justice is served he will be sentenced to life in prison w/o parole.

It's not sad when that 17 year old kid decides to take adult actions, cross state lines and take possession of an illegal firearm, and then kill someone.

If he believes he was right, let him proclaim that in court, and let him be judged...

In all fairness, he doesn't appear to have crossed state lines for any reason having to do with the riots. He crossed the state line to go to his job.

And whether or not his possession of the gun was illegal has yet to be determined by the courts.

Recount the timeline. Rittenhouse shoots and kills two people. Then people assail and tackle Rittenhouse.

That's where you perception begins.
Are you on some sort of drugs?
Yeah, that is definitely NOT what happened. I dont understand why people who havent watched the videos are even commenting on this story. Nosmo is very ignorant of the facts.

There is no reason to assume that he "knew" he was breaking the law, by taking possession of the firearm.

Hell, I don't know that it was illegal of him to do it. I've seen people make a convincing case that it was not.

Hell, the cops saw him walking around with the rifle and no one said boo about it. DId the cops not know it was illegal?

Hell, again, there was a curfew in effect. That was not being enforced, because the police were ordered to let the mob roam teh streets.

I think the fact that he stopped 3 violent rioters should count for something. A $100 fine seems excessive.

Why do you hope that this child is charged as an adult?

Could you please stop referring to him as a child, as if he's still in grade school? He's 17. He could enlist in the Army and go fight and die for his country right now with parental consent, and will be able to do it on his own hook on his next birthday. Yes, he's still quite immature, but last time I checked, the military of every country in the world since forever has depended on the immaturity and recklessness of young men in their late teens-early twenties in order to function.

This is like a mirror image of the way leftists are always talking about "children killed by guns" when the actual people involved are gang members involved in violent turf wars.

I think the fact that he stopped 3 violent rioters should count for something. A $100 fine seems excessive.

Rittenhouse stopped a lot more than just those 3.

Kyle's shooting of these 3 rioters really took a lot of the joy out of the hearts of the other rioters and they abandoned their Kenosha riot.

And in related news..the 19yo who posed as a straw buyer for Kyle's gun has been charged:

Charges have been filed against a 19-year-old man who prosecutors allege purchased and supplied the gun used by 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse in the fatal shootings of two protesters in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
Dominick Black, of Kenosha, faces two felony counts of intentionally giving a dangerous weapon to a minor, causing death, according to a criminal complaint filed in Kenosha County Circuit Court. If he's found guilty, he faces up to 6 years in prison per count.

According to the criminal complaint, Black enlisted the help of Rittenhouse in guarding the Kenosha car dealership Car Source from property damage and looting. The complaint stated Black “volunteered to go out after curfew” and “asked Mr. Rittenhouse to join him.”

In interviews, the owner of Car Source has denied requesting help from either Black or Rittenhouse in protecting his dealership during the protests.

It's sad that a 17yo will be tried as an adult, and if justice is served he will be sentenced to life in prison w/o parole.

It's not sad when that 17 year old kid decides to take adult actions, cross state lines and take possession of an illegal firearm, and then kill someone.

If he believes he was right, let him proclaim that in court, and let him be judged...

You are really confused about this aren't you Moon Bat?

The young man is being charged with murder for political reasons for an act of self defense.

By the way, go read the Bill of rights. There are no age limitations on the right to keep and bear arms.

A child has the right to defend themself the same as an adult.

I'd run rings around you with regards to the Constitution and the Bill of Rights so, really, check yourself.

The fact of the matter is that both Wisconsin and Illinois prohibit the possession of the type of weapon he had. In his home state of Illinois, he would have to have an FOID (Firearm Owner's Identification Card). Rittenhouse doesn't have one. In Wisconsin, the transfer of a firearm to anyone under the age of 18 is illegal, and the possession of a firearm by anyone under the age of 18 is illegal, unless the minor is supervised by an adult while hunting or while undergoing a course of instruction.

There's no confusion here. There's no grey area

Ten bucks?

What does state law say about a mob beating someone to death?

What about an elected official ordering the police to stand down so that the mob can destroy and terrorize?

Hell, wasn't the mob in violation of a curfew?

Why do laws only apply to one side these days?

Those things don't matter in the case of Kyle Rittenhouse. It wasn't Rittenhouse's duty to enforce the curfew. In fact, if the mob was in violation of a curfew, so was Rittenhouse...

No one said he was trying to enforce the curfew. In fact, what he was trying to do was protect people and property from people who were already engaged in criminal activity, including violating the curfew.

Let me ask you something, Mr. I'm-a-combat-vet. If there was a similar violent riot in your city, or in a neighboring town, and someone you knew asked you to come help him protect his business from being destroyed, would you have gone?

And several posters on this very board have publicly called for Rump to PARDON this piece of shit.

So conservatives clamoring to defend homicidal maniacs now. We live in interesting times.
Just how STUPID do you have to be to squat and squeeze out this jewel?

You want links? Quotes? Just say so.

(1) here
... and here
... and here
.... and here
... and be sure to check out this
... and that ....
... and this other ...
... and that other ....
... and this other other...
... and this other other other....
... and this other other other other....

--- and that's just a quick search of this site using a single word search term.

There they are --- the parrot droppIngs of Internet crusader socIopath gun nuts sitting on their beds eating Cheetos clamoring for gun homicide to be glorified, rationalized. pardoned. fundraised for, and even elected to FUCKING CONGRESS AND THE PRESIDENCY AT THE AGE OF SEVENTEEN. For committing murder.

You been sleeping under a rock? Hey your ignorance of what this board has degraded to is your negligence, not mine.

Then from the outside world from the OP article right n this thread::

>> Lawyers for Rittenhouse argued that the teen, who has been praised by right-wing commentators and viewed sympathetically by the Trump administration...

And as usual, you totally miss the point. Have you ever NOT been the slowest person in the room?

Oh you still need more? Here ya go, just a few posts up. Roll tape.

I am all for Trump pardoning this hero. All the rioters should be shot and killed.

This btw is the asscrack who sat on this board a couple of days ago and tried to threaten me with violence too. When I challenged him back he ran away like the cowardly little assfart he is. Like the cowardly little turd ALL of these yahoos are. Lotta hot wind trying to look all bad and shit, no balls.
I didn't threaten you at all, all the rioters need to be executed.

You THOUGHT you threatened me, candyass. I stood my ground and you hid under a rock, wimp.
Lol, you really scaring me keyboard tough guy.

That's kinda what I sad to you before you ran away isn't it.
Wimp.
Awe, the pussy, wussy, wuss calling others names. I wouldn't be writing checks your ass cannot cash. But liberals were never known to be smart or their manlyhood.

The straw buyer is as guilty because of knowing they bought a firearm for a minor...

I'm sorry, do you have any proof that someone "bought a firearm for a minor"? You must have, given how freely you keep throwing around the assertion that that's what happened.

The straw buyer is as guilty because of knowing they bought a firearm for a minor...

You would rather that the kid had been unarmed when he was attacked by the mob? Would you prefer that he had been the one killed, and if so, why?

I believe what he would prefer is for people who don't agree with him politically to huddle in their houses, terrified, while his comrades roam the streets like the band of vicious, filthy savages that they are.

You would rather that the kid had been unarmed when he was attacked by the mob? Would you prefer that he had been the one killed, and if so, why?

Had he not had a gun, he probably wouldn't have even been there. What's he gonna' do? Use harsh language?

And then?

I prefer him and his friend obeyed the laws and not obtain the firearm until he was legal age.

You do understand that Kyle had no right to have that firearm and it was illegally obtained through what is called a straw purchase.

Kyle may not be found guilty of the deaths but he is guilty of illegally owning a firearm and his friend is guilty of buying and giving Kyle the gun.

Also had Kyle not had the firearm would have been there?

It's amazing how much vitriol you have to spew about "I would prefer they obey the law" when it comes to Kyle Rittenhouse, considering that I've never heard you say a word about "prefer they obey the law" when it comes to the rioters, let alone get your panties all wadded up your crack about them the way you do about Kyle. Your selective "outrage" on behalf of law and order is almost as astounding as it is hypocritical and hollow.

Forum List

Back