RIP Stephen Sondheim, the greatest songwriter ever, once given Medal Of Freedom by Obama

• Banned
You'll never get away from me.
You can climb the tallest tree.
I'll be there somehow.
True, you could say, "Hey, here's your hat."
But a little thing like that
Couldn't stop me now.
I couldn't get away from you,
Even if you told me to,
So go on and try.
Just try and you're gonna see
How you're gonna not at all
Get away from me.

because he wrote a few songs?.....lol....if you say so.....

A few songs? West Side Story, Gypsy, Sweeney Todd, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, and more, is far more than just "a few songs".

He was awarded 9 Tony Awards, an Academy Award, 8 Grammy Awards, a Pulitzer Prize, a Laurence Olivier Award, and a Presidential Medal of Freedom. He has a theater named after him on Broadway and in London's West Side. He was honored with The Kennedy Center lifetime achievement award.

Saying Sondheim "wrote a few songs" is like saying the Rolling Stones played a little rock & roll.

A few songs? West Side Story, Gypsy, Sweeney Todd, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, and more, is far more than just "a few songs".

He was awarded 9 Tony Awards, an Academy Award, 8 Grammy Awards, a Pulitzer Prize, a Laurence Olivier Award, and a Presidential Medal of Freedom. He has a theater named after him on Broadway and in London's West Side. He was honored with The Kennedy Center lifetime achievement award.

Saying Sondheim "wrote a few songs" is like saying the Rolling Stones played a little rock & roll.
well i guess if you are into Broadway he was something........but he wasnt the greatest ever.....

well i guess if you are into Broadway he was something........but he wasnt the greatest ever.....

In what he did, he was one of the greatest ever.

That was the point, as it usually is in an obituary thread. You don't like Broadway? Hmmm, not a surprise.

I find it difficult to express how profound the loss of musical genius Stephen Sondheim is to the world. All we can be is grateful for what he gave us.

Forum List

Back