boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
:(

RIP Phil.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X7b2E_Jq-k].[/ame]

RIP Phil Everly ...thank you :(

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbU3zdAgiX8]All I Have To Do Is Dream - Everly Brothers - YouTube[/ame]

They were as good as it gets.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQkXkSuy6QI]Everly Brothers - On The Wings Of A Nightingale - YouTube[/ame]

I suspect Boedicca's husband felt this way.

.[ame=http://youtu.be/80l8HEZ5zFw]The Everly Brothers "Til I Kissed You" - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

RIP Phil.

This was in 1957. I wonder how their lives have been, none of them got paid that much that it would last long. Maybe Elvis and some of the other big names.

Phil's net worth was in the neighborhood of 14 million..

but his gift was beyond wealth..

Wow, that's pretty good. He must have found a way to keep working, you just hear of so many in that era who ended up broke.

This was in 1957. I wonder how their lives have been, none of them got paid that much that it would last long. Maybe Elvis and some of the other big names.

Wow, that's pretty good. He must have found a way to keep working, you just hear of so many in that era who ended up broke.

I know that really sucks..

another WoW song..

Last edited by a moderator:

lots of Musicians from the 60's ended up with very little too....the dam agents and Record Companies were taking all the money.....the basterds....

The Everly Bros grew up in a tiny littel town called McFarland in the San Joaquin Valley (or however the hell its spelled)....6 miles from where I grew up. Most folks back then (when I was just a little kid) saw them all the time hanging out at the local dairy queen or cruising around in Bakersfield. When they hit it big, everyone was thrilled.

Last edited:
I just read wiki and boy..is someone full of poo. They grew up in McFarland, Calif.

They were pretty much the same age as I am. Much too early to go. They provided me and many others with a lot of good music. Loved their harmonies.

RIP Phil.

Wake up little Susie.

Boys and girls who support Obama and are ALSO too young to know what America used to be like, the song is about two teens on a movie date who got bored and fell asleep at the movie.

Hey, don't laugh. I've fallen asleep at movies. Dull movies.

Anyway, they are going apexitt because they know their butts are in big trouble with both of their parents for staying out past curfew.

And they fear being suspected of hanky panky, too, I think.

THAT'S what America used to be like.

It was a nicer time. A more innocent and trusting time.

Why shouldn't we want some of that quality returned to our daily lives?

RIP Phil.

Wake up little Susie.

Boys and girls who support Obama and are ALSO too young to know what America used to be like, the song is about two teens on a movie date who got bored and fell asleep at the movie.

Hey, don't laugh. I've fallen asleep at movies. Dull movies.

Anyway, they are going apexitt because they know their butts are in big trouble with both of their parents for staying out past curfew.

And they fear being suspected of hanky panky, too, I think.

THAT'S what America used to be like.

It was a nicer time. A more innocent and trusting time.

Why shouldn't we want some of that quality returned to our daily lives?

Democrats find all that tooooo scary I suppose..

Jeez, guys, do you argue politics at funerals, too?

This is a teachable moment.

Libs need as many of these as we can find.

When you have kids who are experiencing something significant on line, on tv or in real life, it takes ADULT SUPERVISION to help them make sense of what's goin on.

Don't you supervise your kids when they watch TV and movies and stuff???

Or do you think it's better to let those moments pass out of some senseless sense of polity?

:confused:

We aren't at a funeral, after all. And these posts will remain here long after Phil is crooning for St. Peter. So, there is a different sense of etiquette in this case, you know?

Jeez, guys, do you argue politics at funerals, too?

This is a teachable moment.

Libs need as many of these as we can find.

When you have kids who are experiencing something significant on line, on tv or in real life, it takes ADULT SUPERVISION to help them make sense of what's goin on.

Don't you supervise your kids when they watch TV and movies and stuff???

Or do you think it's better to let those moments pass out of some senseless sense of polity?

:confused:

We aren't at a funeral, after all. And these posts will remain here long after Phil is crooning for St. Peter. So, there is a different sense of etiquette in this case, you know?

It's all your fault, you led me astray..you big galoot..:lol:

Those were good times, not quite as innocent as we would like to believe but I certainly appreciate growing up in gentler, respectful and opportune times. I've had a wonderful life and have tried to do the best I could for my children and build an appreciation for the old times in music.

Well, yearning for all the sweet innocence of the "good ol' days" is an attractive fantasy, but I distinctly recall getting laid for the first time in the front seat of my 1950 Ford while the Everly Brothers sang "Kathie's Clown" on the radio. I must have survived this terrible adolescent trauma, because I later married, and now have a daughter who is a happily engaged RN at a hospital, who has bought her own home and planning her wedding in July in Hawaii, with her honeymoon in Thialand.

In the "good ol' days", I was lucky if I could put together enough cash to buy gas to Phillip's 66 in order to put a quarter into the machine in the men's room to buy a condom.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back