RIP Paul Orndorff

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
"Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff passed away today.

One of the most tremendous professional wrestlers in world history, he headlined the first Wrestlemania in New York City- teaming up with the late Roddy Piper to battle Hulk Hogan and Mr. T.

That's really sad news.

I seen that clip his son put online 2-weeks ago and a few days ago he was saying he had a couple of weeks, at best. Wasn't nice.

I hope his wife can sleep at night too. When his condition started to deteriorate recently she decided she wanted nothing to do with him and done a runner - she was happy to be his wife when things were great in the 80's and 90's - he said himself in a Shoot interview that when he went to the WWF she was happy to get the big new house.

Yet she couldn't hold on and help him see out his last few months. Horrible. You're a long time dead, she couldn't have stuck around a little bit longer?

It just goes to show you that old age and health catches up with us all - even absolute immaculate specimens like Paul Orndorff.

RIP.

"Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff passed away today. One of the most tremendous professional wrestlers in world history, he headlined the first Wrestlemania in New York City- teaming up with the late Roddy Piper to battle Hulk Hogan and Mr. T.

Oh damn. I liked Mr. Wonderful, from his wrestling skills to his physique to the wonderful way (sorry) he'd come out intensely ranting about upcoming matches with veins popping in his forehead. Paul would probably clean house with 90% of the wrestlers today.

Notice even the cages back then were REAL steel bar cages, and not mere fenced off boxes.

the best physique in the business in the 80s

E6NiPGpXMAEnNJj

he was drafted by the New Orleans Saints..."i liked wrestling a little better, and i'm glad i did!"

Paul and Hulk Hogan had a record attendance when they wrestled for the 1st time...obviously Paul fell at Hogan's feet!

Last edited:
"Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff passed away today.

One of the most tremendous professional wrestlers in world history, he headlined the first Wrestlemania in New York City- teaming up with the late Roddy Piper to battle Hulk Hogan and Mr. T.

Pro rasslers succumbing to the ravages of their way of life.....A shame.

Orndorff wrestled Bruiser Brody at the last night in the Superdome in front of 33 thousand folks. i couldn't find video of it...

this is the match where Orndorff turned heel!

he piledrived Hogan out of the building

i wonder if wrestlers designed their own robes?

Last edited:
Orndorff was supposed to be in Rambo, but Vince didn't let him!

Paul screams "Hogan! Hogan! Hogan!" after winning a match here:

Last edited:
towards the end of this video, Orndorff says Goldberg "could have been hotter" than Austin in the 90s if he was packaged right

Piper pisses of Paul here:

The Animal Steele calls Paul "bipolar, could have gone the deep end":

gayest promo ever!

boy he really sucked at the mic. that's why they rarely ever gave him the world belt

New Topics

Forum List

Back