RIP Leonard Nimoy

Nimoy played a pivotal character in a series that held out some modicum of hope that Mankind might actually make it to the 23rd or 24th Century, at a time when a great many doubted that Mankind would even make it to the 21st. Warp-speed, Leonard, and God bless. RIP.

LLAP

Leonard-Nimoy-Army-Reserves.jpg

This is a sad day for both Mr. Nimoy's family and for his legions of fans.

Watching the opening credits for Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, it's sad to see that most of the cast is no longer with us, and that's a shame. Not just series regulars Nimoy, Kelly and Doohan, but also Bib Besch, Paul Winfield, Merritt Butrick and of course, Ricardo Montalban.

On the brighter side, the movie still holds up fantastically after 33 years.
Don't forget Nurse Chapel.

This is a sad day for both Mr. Nimoy's family and for his legions of fans.

Watching the opening credits for Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, it's sad to see that most of the cast is no longer with us, and that's a shame. Not just series regulars Nimoy, Kelly and Doohan, but also Bib Besch, Paul Winfield, Merritt Butrick and of course, Ricardo Montalban.

On the brighter side, the movie still holds up fantastically after 33 years.
Don't forget Nurse Chapel.

Majel Barrett wasn't in Star Trek II.

Interesting, I heard Mr. Shatner didn't attend the funeral. I think they said a couple of his children attended, but he didn't. I wonder why? I would think he would have wanted to be there to express his condolences to the family at least. The funeral is for the family to have some closure after all.

Interesting, I heard Mr. Shatner didn't attend the funeral. I think they said a couple of his children attended, but he didn't. I wonder why? I would think he would have wanted to be there to express his condolences to the family at least. The funeral is for the family to have some closure after all.

"Let's discuss it," Shatner, 83, wrote. "So my daughters Melanie and Lisabeth are attending Leonard's services. I chose to honor a commitment I made months ago to appear at a charitable fundraiser. A lot of money was raised. So here I am; tell me off."

"Let's discuss it," Shatner, 83, wrote. "So my daughters Melanie and Lisabeth are attending Leonard's services. I chose to honor a commitment I made months ago to appear at a charitable fundraiser. A lot of money was raised. So here I am; tell me off."

Meh, I think I would have cancelled that in favor of my good friend's funeral.

He had committed to another charity event. I think there was also a Jewish thing where they had to put Nimoy in the ground right away. He died on Friday and they buried him on Sunday.

I can't hold it against him. The money that was raised is going to help a lot of people

Or as someone once said, "The goods of the many outweigh the good of the few... or the one."

I can't hold it against him. The money that was raised is going to help a lot of people

Or as someone once said, "The goods of the many outweigh the good of the few... or the one."

Well, I would have felt obligated to be there and would have wanted to be there. That is a really tough time for the family. It is much appreciated when friends and even strangers show up. It makes the family feel good that people care. :)

Forum List

Back