RIP Leonard Nimoy

I'm sure William Shatner's publicist will dig around and find something appropriate to say on Shatner's behalf.
Shatner’s Twitter reaction:
"I loved him like a brother. We will all miss his humor, his talent, and his capacity to love."

Shatner is a prick. He could care less.
Sorry, don't mean to rain on the Spock parade, but I have a close friend who directed him in some ads and he has nothing but disdain for Shitner. ...er, um I mean Shatner. Says he's horrible to producers and crew.
not what i heard.....i got to know a guy who knows both of them he does the Conventions.....and has worked with both of them on quite a few Trek Conventions,he has been to both of their houses......and he said SINCE the Original Series they have become pretty good friends.....back then they had problems that had more to do with Shatner than Nimoy......but since then,good friends.....here is a quote from Nimoy.....

Leonard also spoke about his longtime friendship with William Shatner at the Hero Complex Film Festival in 2010.

“Look, everybody knows that we have become very, very good friends. But we’ve always been like two competitive siblings. When Bill Shatner heard I was going to direct a ‘Star Trek’ movie, he went into deep shock. He was really worried. But it worked out pretty well.”

the movies in the series that he directed were the best. great actor, great show and movie series. loved the In Search Of show he did too. I was mesmerized as a child by both shows and the movies as an adult. We have lost a generational icon

Nimoy was born to Jewish immigrant parents in Boston, Massachusetts. He began his career in his early twenties, teaching acting classes in Hollywood and making minor film and television appearances through the 1950s, as well as playing the title role in Kid Monk Baroni. Foreshadowing his fame as a semi-alien, he played Narab, one of three Martian invaders in the 1952 movie serial Zombies of the Stratosphere. From 1953-1955, he served in the United States Army.

In 1965, he made his first appearance in the rejected Star Trek pilot The Cage, and went on to play the character of Mr. Spock until 1969, followed by eight feature films and guest slots in the various spin-off series. The character has had a significant cultural impact and garnered Nimoy three Emmy Award nominations; TV Guide named Spock one of the 50 greatest TV characters.After the original Star Trek series, Nimoy starred in Mission: Impossible for two seasons, hosted the documentary series In Search of..., and narrated Civilization IV, as well as making several well-received stage appearances. More recently, he also had a recurring role in the science fiction series Fringe.

Nimoy had long been active in the Jewish community. He could speak and read Yiddish, his first language. In 1997, he narrated the documentary A Life Apart: Hasidism in America, about the various sects of Hasidic Orthodox Jews

I first saw him as an extra in Radar men from the moon, or something like that. Not a great actor, but an icon none the less. A V finger salute to the premier Vulcan.

32684256.jpg

Aye, aye, Mr. Spock, for your last venture to the Final Frontier!

9gzxfk.jpg

DeForest Kelly passed in 99 and James Doohan in 2005. far as i know the rest are still with us

a note on Doohan. on D-Day Lieutenant Doohan was machine-gunned and took eight bullets: three in his hand, smashing his middle finger; four in his leg and one in his chest. The one shot in his chest would have proved fatal if not for a silver cigarette case he had in the breast pocket of his uniform. he was assigned to a Royal Canadian Artillery unit assigned to land on Juno Beach.

I never realized he did so muh.
Nimoy was born to Jewish immigrant parents in Boston, Massachusetts. He began his career in his early twenties, teaching acting classes in Hollywood and making minor film and television appearances through the 1950s, as well as playing the title role in Kid Monk Baroni. Foreshadowing his fame as a semi-alien, he played Narab, one of three Martian invaders in the 1952 movie serial Zombies of the Stratosphere. From 1953-1955, he served in the United States Army.

In 1965, he made his first appearance in the rejected Star Trek pilot The Cage, and went on to play the character of Mr. Spock until 1969, followed by eight feature films and guest slots in the various spin-off series. The character has had a significant cultural impact and garnered Nimoy three Emmy Award nominations; TV Guide named Spock one of the 50 greatest TV characters.After the original Star Trek series, Nimoy starred in Mission: Impossible for two seasons, hosted the documentary series In Search of..., and narrated Civilization IV, as well as making several well-received stage appearances. More recently, he also had a recurring role in the science fiction series Fringe.

Nimoy had long been active in the Jewish community. He could speak and read Yiddish, his first language. In 1997, he narrated the documentary A Life Apart: Hasidism in America, about the various sects of Hasidic Orthodox Jews

I never realized he did so much. I only know him from the Star Trek show.

This is a sad day for both Mr. Nimoy's family and for his legions of fans.

Watching the opening credits for Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, it's sad to see that most of the cast is no longer with us, and that's a shame. Not just series regulars Nimoy, Kelly and Doohan, but also Bib Besch, Paul Winfield, Merritt Butrick and of course, Ricardo Montalban.

On the brighter side, the movie still holds up fantastically after 33 years.

I never realized he did so muh.

I never realized he did so much. I only know him from the Star Trek show.

That bit he did for Civ IV I hear nearly every week. It is just about the only video game I play. I like it better than other Civ versions.

Forum List

Back