RIP Diego Maradona

Any game played at the 'top level" is worth watching...some in lesser doses than others. Curling I can watch for seconds!!!!! But an "Occasion" soccer match...yeah; I'll watch it.

Greg

I would rather watch grass grow than watch soccer. That is the game played by youngsters because it is so simplistic. It's a stepping stone for the transition into more complexing sports. I played soccer as a young boy and was quite good at it but as I got older, it became boring and I migrated to sports that were much more challenging, enjoyable to play and spectator friendly. There is a reason as to why soccer is the preferred distraction in third world countries. I have never heard of this guy nor do I have even the slightest interest in learning about his "career".....
I played until last year (knee injury). As to it being simplistic. Maybe if you play it at a lower level. But once you get up there simple goes right out of the window. You make snap decisions watch your zone, anticipate threats, and don't have a playbook to fall back on.
I am aware as to how the game is played. It is like basketball but instead you use your feet and try to keep the ball in the opponent's side of the field and wait for a decent shot on goal. It's a boring spectator sport and that is the reason as to why it has never caught on in America and the reason tickets are so cheap. The influx of third world immigrants is the only reason as to why anyone shows up to their games at all.

He made the No. 10 shirt important. players now fight with each other over who gets to wear that number

Ens6OMlXMAAmzGO

“When you're on the pitch, life goes away, the problems go away, everything goes away” - Maradona

look for "Crazy fight including Maradona - Barcelona vs Athletic Bilbao (1984)" on youtube

I would like FIFA to retire the #10 shirt in all competitions, for all teams

Last edited:
the universe itself may expand into infinity, but it can't outrun Maradona, my friends!

when Diego touched the ball, it was like he was making love to it

"let me be clear: i am in no way pleased that no Argentine has lifted the World Cup since 1986. if i were pleased, i would be a traitor" - Diego

Diego feuded with Daniel Passarella about who should be team captain. Passarella confronted Diego about his coke use in front of the team, and Diego admitted it, but he went on to accuse Pasarella of sleeping with the wives of his teammates

Maradona was amazing. No words can do him justice, he was one of the best ever!!!!

.....but then drugs took over.

So sad.

Maradona was amazing. No words can do him justice, he was one of the best ever!!!!

.....but then drugs took over.

So sad.
finally we agree on something

i thought women hated soccer...Ann Coulter has written columns about how soccer is boring

Incredibly sad news. There have been discussions for years about his place in the pantheon. First or second.

I suggest that he is at least the equalofPele. He took an average Argentine team and dragged them to glory through his efforts. He didnt live like a monk but he was one of the major figures of the last century.

Oh no, Madonna died, she was always my favorite singer from the Bible.

Forum List

Back