Right wingers: Would you support repealing all laws requiring business permits???

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Pretty simple question here. Almost every city and county has laws requiring you to get a business permit to...well, open and operate a business.

Right wingers: I ask you, being ideologically consistent, would you support your local city or county repealing this law? So anyone could open a business without a business permit??

Surely you would NOT support the idea that in our great country, one must GET THE GOVERNMENTS PERMISSION to simply open a business. Right?

Should our government be THAT powerful? To be able to grant, or withold, permission to simply open a beloved private sector business?

I suspect, if you are ideologically consistent, you'll begin to rally the local governments to repeal all laws requiring a business permit.

6. BIFURCATION: (either-or, black or white, all or nothing fallacy) assumes that two categories are mutually exclusive and exhaustive, that is, something is either a member of one or the other, but not both or some third category.

Fail.

Depends.

If it's simply to cover the impact fees of the businesses then I'm ok with it. Laws differ from city to city, county to county, state to state. I'm sure that many, even most, need to be repealed and replaced.

Pretty simple question here. Almost every city and county has laws requiring you to get a business permit to...well, open and operate a business.

Right wingers: I ask you, being ideologically consistent, would you support your local city or county repealing this law? So anyone could open a business without a business permit??

Surely you would NOT support the idea that in our great country, one must GET THE GOVERNMENTS PERMISSION to simply open a business. Right?

Should our government be THAT powerful? To be able to grant, or withold, permission to simply open a beloved private sector business?

I suspect, if you are ideologically consistent, you'll begin to rally the local governments to repeal all laws requiring a business permit.

When permits are granted solely on the basis of personal beliefs of the bureaucrat. Changes come to local government.

Much like this admin and how NICS operates.

Change is coming......

I always laugh at such absolutes.

Absolutely...In fact, I'll take that one further and throw in with Milton Friedman...

I'm all for abolishing every single professional licensing law/regulation...The entire state of Colorado has been built with absolutely no general contractor licensing.

Licensing/registration is just a big protection racket shakedown scam.

The left, you gotta love them. They take an argument that has never been made, and "assign" it to the opponent, demanding that they defend it.

What intellectual dwarfs.

6. BIFURCATION: (either-or, black or white, all or nothing fallacy) assumes that two categories are mutually exclusive and exhaustive, that is, something is either a member of one or the other, but not both or some third category.

Fail.

So when asked should we have this law...or not...your vote would be "present" like Obama? Not acceptable.

So...should you have to ask the govt for permission to open a business in your own city?

Fail.

So when asked should we have this law...or not...your vote would be "present" like Obama? Not acceptable.

So...should you have to ask the govt for permission to open a business in your own city?

Toad, the only people who would support 'repealing all laws' regarding business permits are the narco-Libertarians, and they are of course more Left that 'right winger' - even though they refuse to admit it.

The left, you gotta love them. They take an argument that has never been made, and "assign" it to the opponent, demanding that they defend it.

What intellectual dwarfs.

Well, for one, I'm not "the left". Both sides suck. Romney and Obama are both sorry ass liars.

And I'm not asking anyone to defend business permits. Im asking if you support them, or think they should be repealed?

Very simple question. Should you have to ask the govt for permission to open a business? As radically pro-business, small govt as the right is lately, I'd think its an easy answer.

Ok. So....I suppose the overall answer from right wingers is: Yes, you SHOULD have to ask for permission from big daddy government before you are allowed to open a business.

Afterall, right wingers are all for being pro-business, small government, freedom, etc, etc........just as long as they can regulate what their locals are allowed to do with their business and bedroom.

Stupid Question, Of course not. Stop listening to the Left wing Talking points. There is not one Republican who has ever said we don't need any Regulations.

Absolutely...In fact, I'll take that one further and throw in with Milton Friedman...

I'm all for abolishing every single professional licensing law/regulation...The entire state of Colorado has been built with absolutely no general contractor licensing.

Licensing/registration is just a big protection racket shakedown scam.

Colorado
General construction contractors in Colorado are not licensed by the state. You should check for license requirements at the local level. You will need a license to do electrical or plumbing work in the state, however.

Forum List

Back