Right wingers, why did Andy Cuomo's COVID response become so popular?

You think his COVID pressers were a political performance??
I will vouch for that. I saw two, and they were very cringeworthy.
You saw two? What gave you the impression that he was doing a political show?
Ugh, they were so cringey. I will try to think of the one that was really gross. It was when he had a table with stacks of covid tests and pretended to use a swab. Early on. Remember?

This is a question for right wingers, I want to see who if any out there have an objective understanding of the "how" and "why's" of what happened. It's a very simple question. Why did the public gravitate in such a positive way to Gov Cuomo during the early stages of the pandemic?

An intelligent reply will address the question and answer it honestly. The answer is pretty simple IMO.

A low IQ reply will attack Cuomo for the nursing home situation and try to redirect the topic of the thread.

Lets see who is who.

Left wingers, please give the RWers the opportunity to answer the OP and then feel free to respond in kind.
I have one simple question for you, Slade! Why didn't Cuomo use the hospital ship and the world's largest field hospital at the Javitt's Center to care for infected Covid hospital patients? Was it because those came from Trump? Is that why he didn't use them and instead put those infected patients back into nursing homes?
That’s a great question. I’ve been asking the same thing. My guess is because he didn’t want to give Trump a win, don’t know if that’s provable but if it is then fuck that guy!
If that's the case then why is he still Governor? Anyone who would make that call because of politics needs to never hold a position of authority ever again!
I don't know if that really is the case. You and I only know what we hear in the headlines and public statements. Any situation is going to have a larger story which we just don't have. But as I said IF the elderly were sent to nursing homes instead of the ship for political reasons and not because they believed it was the best place for them to go then yes, Cuomo should get the boot. Don't think this is going to be provable though unless there is a recording or written record that shows that thinking.
Don't really care what his motivations were, it is pretty clear that he was obstructing justice to hide the real numbers and it is also clear that he mishandled the situation in a rather massive way.
For those 2 reasons, I do not see why NY would not boot him the first chance they get. It is not as though they have to worry about the party politics of the situation - he will just be replaced by another democrat.
Thats not exactly clear, he ultimately gave the correct data to the DOJ, the controversy was slow walking the sending of the data which I don't think is illegal... so I'm not sure if obstruction is going to stick.
With all due respect, Slade...Cuomo only released the correct data when his State's Attorney General went public that Cuomo had lied about the real numbers. The death toll in nursing homes was 50% higher than Cuomo had claimed!
That was categorization, did Cuomo handle how the deaths were categorized? As for overall death numbers those were accurate, none were hidden.

Come on, Slade! How can you say none were hidden? Cuomo fudged the numbers. Instead of counting those who contracted the virus in a nursing home and subsequently got so ill they needed to be sent to a hospital where they died as a nursing home death, Cuomo counted them as a general population death and he did so solely to hide how many people got Covid and died in New York nursing homes as a result of his policies! You know as well as I do that Cuomo hid that number from the media. He was in the midst of selling his book deal and accepting his Emmy! The last thing he wanted to see was an accurate accounting of how many thousands of people he just killed!
Again... was Cuomo doing the counting? Also, the total number of deaths was accurate number. Only the categorization of what was nursing home and what was hospital was off. Was NY the only state that did it that way? Have you asked those questions?
As soon as he started the TV hogging updates it was easy to figure out. Professional Prog lifetime politicians live for this. He even grew up in a political power family. One of the things that need to be done if we want to have freedoms is to get rid of the power families in our nation. They push their swamp like candidates on us around the nation.

The fake news media and snowflakes will lower themselves to whatever depths they need to in order to try to defend despicable Democrats, whether they be adulterers, pedophiles, or - like Cuomo - murderers.

Snowflakes defend him, the leftist MSM ignores Cuomo's 15,000 murders to report on and attempt to villainize the Cruz's for going on a previously planned vacation.

'Nuff said.

What was it that he did or said that earned that trust?.
I'm the wrong person to ask. I have no reason to follow the political career of the Governor of another state. The only reason I know about current actions is because the Media reported it.

For all I know he's done a fine job up until recently.

Do you think Trump had anything to do with it?
Probably.... But it shouldn't have been. Judging someone based on someone else's actions isn't logical.

Cuomo is responsible for Cuomo's actions. You can say that the situation that he was in had an affect on those decisions... And that's fine. But they are still his decisions within that framework. Trump may be part of that framework, but that doesn't make Trump responsible for those actions.

To suggest that Trump should be responsible, would mean Trump should also have the ability to fire Cuomo... Which.. He obviously can't do considering it's the people who put Cuomo in charge... Just as Cuomo can't fire the Mayor of New York City or any other city in the State.

This will likely be my last post in a while. But you aren't acting like a hack... So I answered as you are deserving. I'll ghost until things change or I get bored of it.

Ugh, they were so cringey. I will try to think of the one that was really gross. It was when he had a table with stacks of covid tests and pretended to use a swab. Early on. Remember?
He is a goofy Italian no doubt, but I remember him being pretty straight forward with the information he was provided. Long winded yes but seemed to keep the presentations focused on the situation at hand

He is a goofy Italian no doubt, but I remember him being pretty straight forward with the information he was provided. Long winded yes but seemed to keep the presentations focused on the situation at hand
It was an important informational and necessary press conference for sure. But it was dripping with theatrics and a level of magnanimity that made me look away out of embarrassment.

What was it that he did or said that earned that trust?.
I'm the wrong person to ask. I have no reason to follow the political career of the Governor of another state. The only reason I know about current actions is because the Media reported it.

For all I know he's done a fine job up until recently.

Do you think Trump had anything to do with it?
Probably.... But it shouldn't have been. Judging someone based on someone else's actions isn't logical.

Cuomo is responsible for Cuomo's actions. You can say that the situation that he was in had an affect on those decisions... And that's fine. But they are still his decisions within that framework. Trump may be part of that framework, but that doesn't make Trump responsible for those actions.

To suggest that Trump should be responsible, would mean Trump should also have the ability to fire Cuomo... Which.. He obviously can't do considering it's the people who put Cuomo in charge... Just as Cuomo can't fire the Mayor of New York City or any other city in the State.

This will likely be my last post in a while. But you aren't acting like a hack... So I answered as you are deserving. I'll ghost until things change or I get bored of it.
Good share. I agree with all you said

It was an important informational and necessary press conference for sure. But it was dripping with theatrics and a level of magnanimity that made me look away out of embarrassment.
Would you say it had the same level of politicalization and theatrics as Trumps COVID pressers?

Would you say it had the same level of politicalization and theatrics as Trumps COVID pressers?
At times...yes. But again, it also contained truthful, relevant information designed to protect people, instead of fake data and sickening lies designed to protect the DJIA. So, big difference

CNN, even DEMOCRATS, & Hollywood's most extreme Leftists (Alec Baldwin) are publicly calling for & supporting an investigation of Cuomo and even calling for him to step down or be Impeached...

So why are the snowflakes on the board the last extremists holding out defending this mass murderer, Cuomo?!

CNN, even DEMOCRATS, & Hollywood's most extreme Leftists (Alec Baldwin) are publicly calling for & supporting an investigation of Cuomo and even calling for him to step down or be Impeached...

So why are the snowflakes on the board the last extremists holding out defending this mass murderer, Cuomo?!
In what ways are these snowflakes defending Cuomo?

Forum List

Back