CDZ Right to die

Onyx

Gold Member
Dec 17, 2015
This is something I have been very vocal about for years.

When I say right to die, I only have one exception, which is when the method of death causes physical harm to another unwilling person.

tumblr_nkk8sbVBG41solxm8o1_500.gif

Anyone can put a gun in their mouth.

Except the state will attempt to prevent it from happening, and will actively institutionalize those that present a threat to themselves. Also, the state will prosecute those that assist the deed.

How can someone have authority over anothers own life? People have a right die.

If you think of suicide, in an otherwise healthy person, as a mental disorder such as depression, it makes sense to have some sort of system in place to try to help that person - to cure them.

In cases in which a person is terminally ill and wishes to die on their own terms, no one else should have any authority to circumvent that right.

If you think of suicide, in an otherwise healthy person, as a mental disorder such as depression, it makes sense to have some sort of system in place to try to help that person - to cure them.

In cases in which a person is terminally ill and wishes to die on their own terms, no one else should have any authority to circumvent that right.
depressed people don't have a right to die?

Anyone can put a gun in their mouth.

Except the state will attempt to prevent it from happening, and will actively institutionalize those that present a threat to themselves. Also, the state will prosecute those that assist the deed.
Turn the TV cameras off in your home, the State will not know you have put the gun in your mouth.

My father in law was given 3 months with liver cancer.
15 years later he died of a heart attack.

If you think of suicide, in an otherwise healthy person, as a mental disorder such as depression, it makes sense to have some sort of system in place to try to help that person - to cure them..

The state should not be deciding who is mentally healthy and who is mentally unfit.

The last thing I want the state to do is try and cure me.

We have the right to die. What we don't have is the right to die peacefully, and painlessly,with the help of a physician, unless we're terminally ill (in Oregon anyway).

In Scandinavia, there are countries where you can get help to kill yourself if you're sad. Though I doubt you have any love for any other Scandinavian political positions.

Turn the TV cameras off in your home, the State will not know you have put the gun in your mouth.

God forbid you fail or tell anyone about your plans. A therapist is legally obligated to tell the police if you talk about harming yourself. I met quite a few people that were institutionalized for failed suicide attempts or telling someone they know about their plans.

By the way, the gun in your mouth tactic has a high fail rate. The best methods usually require assistance, and assisting suicide is a crime.

If you think of suicide, in an otherwise healthy person, as a mental disorder such as depression, it makes sense to have some sort of system in place to try to help that person - to cure them..

The state should not be deciding who is mentally healthy and who is mentally unfit.

The last thing I want the state to do is try and cure me.

The state decides that for all kinds of things, namely gun ownership. As it should.

We have the right to die. What we don't have is the right to die peacefully, and painlessly,with the help of a physician, unless we're terminally ill (in Oregon anyway).

Assisted suicide with terminal illness is hardly having the right to die.

Lmao, how so??

A real right to die would be completely inclusive. Not just in very specific situations.

I don't understand your absurd militancy on this topic. There are other factors, because there are other people (people who have to clean up after your death, children who have to be fostered, public facilities that have to be kept safe for law-abiding citizens). Why is that so difficult for you to grasp? What do you want? Over-the-counter suicide pills?

If you want to blow your brains out, and succeed, how will someone else stop you? If you drive down the road then ram your car into a brick wall, without other people behind you, how can that be stopped? If you want to shoot up with heroin to the point that your heart stops, make sure you go where you wont be found for a week, then you have succeeded. I am a libertarian/conservative and believe in personal responsibility, if you are adult enough to make a decision on taking your life, then remove your sorry ass from society. Mod Edit -- Over the top for CDZ. No advocation of mass violence andaronjim

th.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand your absurd militancy on this topic

Wanting the state to have no say in the personal life decisions of others is absurd militancy?

There are other factors, because there are other people (people who have to clean up after your death, children who have to be fostered, public facilities that have to be kept safe for law-abiding citizens).

Everything has consequences.

Many of those that plan their deaths work out all the details in advance. They would be better able to do it if suicide was not outlawed by the state, and those that try to help out were not persecuted as criminals.

What do you want? Over-the-counter suicide pills?

I wouldn't oppose them.

People should be at liberty to put whatever they want in their bodies. Even if it is designed to kill them.

God forbid you fail or tell anyone about your plans. A therapist is legally obligated to tell the police if you talk about harming yourself. I met quite a few people that were institutionalized for failed suicide attempts or telling someone they know about their plans.

By the way, the gun in your mouth tactic has a high fail rate. The best methods usually require assistance, and assisting suicide is a crime.
Anyone who attempts and fails suicide did not want to die.
And no, putting a gun in your mouth has a 100% reliability rate.

Forum List

Back