Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, they were not

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Don't know/unsure

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
Well,it's Mary "The FOrehead" Schmick, I wouldn't believe her if she wrote a column saying the sky was blue.

(Seriously, look at the woman's forehead, it's freakish!)

Most neighborhoods have community standards about the condition of homes. Sounds like their home was run down compared to their neighbors.

Considering most of the people living in this neighborhood are Chicago Liberal Democrats, I guess it only proves they only care about poor people in the abstract.

'Tis the way of America. The small man, the outcast or being different is evil and must be banished by any means. Money and power are everything.

Isn't it a normal procedure that a developer of a subdivision would try to buy the homes that are in a tract of land? From what I have heard about Chicago, this wouldn't come as a surprise, but this family could have been saved by a fair offer on the valuable land and able to set up for a new home.

But I didn't like hearing about the inadequate treatment of the dogs!

I must admit I was waiting for the line... "You hear that, Elizabeth? I'm coming to join ya, honey!

Handled inappropriately.

Am I surprised? No, lots of thuggery in Chicago.

Did you read the article? The "reporter" Ms Simitch should be indicted for substituting creative writing for reporting. How many animals did they have in the run down delelect home that was deemed unfit for human habitation? Curioully Ms Simitch doesn't say. How many summonses did the family ignore? Curiously Ms. Simish fails to say? The "raid" does seem like overkill and sometimes animal rights cops can take their jobs too seriously but so can novelists pretending to be reporters. Who finds this stuff anyway? Media Matters?

Yes, because we have never seen the gentrification process go down in Chicago. Never.

From the article:
But what happened to the Harrises should not have happened, not this way. To banish a family from its longtime home, so abruptly, without mercy and without help and with no proof of great crime, is simply wrong. It divides a divided city even more. Chicago is better than that.

I agree with everything except the last sentence.

I'd love to see somebody like Extreme Makeover Home Edition come in and rebuild their home just so they could stay and thumb their collective noses at their snobby neighbors.

Okay. Before I read this article, I thought code violation? No. The unleashed dogs are a problem. Drug parapharnalia in a playground; if someone is certain that this family is the one who left it there, huge problem. Unsanitary living conditions-one would think that people in their own homes have the right to be as filthy as they please, but when their roaches and rats start looking for a new home...well....I'm sure that everyone has an idea where they're coming from. That's when it becomes everyone's problem.

Part of it was probably cultural incompatability. Gangster Disciples coming and going-How did people know this? Their tattoos? I'd like some insight into that one.

Loud neighbors are an annoyance to say the least. When someone begins to yell outside your window, most of the time one thinks, "something's wrong".

But blabbering on. Riding the fence on this one. No code violation notice isn't fair, if they certainly did not receive one. But there were other laws being broken. Good poll!

Last edited:
Fark said Rich people in nice Chicago neighborhood try to run out poor family that lived there long before the neighborhood was nice, call SWAT team to do it.

Okay, so I'm thinking that's the article I'm going to read.

Family shattered after raid, home loss - chicagotribune.com

Only not so much. Not at all, really.

Do you think things were handled correctly? Agree, or disagree?

Call out SWAT for an animal cruelty investigation? Sounds just like a police state to me.

Fark said Rich people in nice Chicago neighborhood try to run out poor family that lived there long before the neighborhood was nice, call SWAT team to do it.

Call out SWAT for an animal cruelty investigation? Sounds just like a police state to me.

This is why we need Ron Paul. The only one that would end this crap forever!

Not really clear as to why the Swat team was involved in this in the first place. Building code violations are taken care of by the regional building department--and animal reports are taken care of by the Humane Society.

But to break down doors--(instead of knocking) is a little over the top--excessive force--and to have elderly living in that house is not right--"unless" there are other circumstances that we're not aware of?

The compassionate left hard at work. Falsely accuse a law abiding family of meth production. And get a building inspector to condemn the houses so they can get rid of the "black" family. Probably consulted a community Organizer on what to do to get rid of those pesky people.

The compassionate left hard at work. Falsely accuse a law abiding family of meth production. And get a building inspector to condemn the houses so they can get rid of the "black" family. Probably consulted a community Organizer on what to do to get rid of those pesky people.
You got that right Sarge.:clap2:

New Topics

Forum List

Back