Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
A set of conjoined twin boys were joined at/near the waist in such a way that they shared one leg (three legs total between them) and their gonads.

They were separated. One of the boys got the penis. I think he got the 2nd leg also.

The other child was given female hormones and socialized as a girl.

Do you have any opinion about whether that was the right or wrong thing to do to the 2nd boy?

A set of conjoined twin boys were joined at/near the waist in such a way that they shared one leg (three legs total between them) and their gonads.

They were separated. One of the boys got the penis. I think he got the 2nd leg also.

The other child was given female hormones and socialized as a girl.

Do you have any opinion about whether that was the right or wrong thing to do to the 2nd boy?

It is the same question that parents of hermaphrodite have had to deal with. Some parents deal with the problem by "picking" a gender for the child and raising them as such.

There is no "right or wrong." The best way to deal with your example and that of a hermaphrodite, would be to let the child choose its sex. Does it want to be a boy or a girl, it should have nothing to do with what the parents "want" as a child.

Last edited:
Well, I know we have hermaphrodites in our country and they are usually operated on while young and raised as girls. Many have later said they were men.

Seems to me this boy was born a boy and should be raised as a boy as much as possible. Just glad it isn't my decision to make.

Forum List

Back