Rigged Primaries and a Debate that Matters

Pogo

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2012
Fennario
I looked far and wide for any thread on this because the event was from a few months ago, didn't see one.

All three of these guys make excellent points. I guarantee it's way more interesting than a Dem debate.

Precious little attention has been furnished to this, and now that not just Nevada but Kansas, South Carolina, Arizona, Alaska and Hawaii have ALL cancelled their Republican primaries, it becomes all the more crucial.

>> If a party stands for nothing but reelection, it indeed stands for nothing. Our next nominee must compete in the marketplace of ideas, values and leadership. Each of us believes we can best lead the party. So does the incumbent. Let us each take our case to the public. The saying “may the best man win” is a quintessential value that the Republican Party must honor if we are to command the respect of the American people. Cowards run from fights. Warriors stand and fight for what they believe. The United States respects warriors. Only the weak fear competition. << --- joint Op-Ed by Joe Walsh, Mark Sanford and Bill Weld, Washington Post (paywall but synopsis here)​

The Democrats' "superdelegate" rigging has been trumped. Instead of holding an election, just declare a winner beforehand, dismiss the competition and take an extra scoop of ice cream. Welcome to the dicktatorship.

My state (so far) still has a Republican primary. If yours still does get out there and cast whatever protest vote you have left. Make it count.

Last edited:
I looked far and wide for any thread on this because the event was from a few months ago, didn't see one.

All three of these guys make excellent points. I guarantee it's way more interesting than a Dem debate.

Precious little attention has been furnished to this, and now that not just Nevada but Kansas, South Carolina, Arizona, Alaska and Hawaii have ALL cancelled their Republican primaries, it becomes all the more crucial.

>> If a party stands for nothing but reelection, it indeed stands for nothing. Our next nominee must compete in the marketplace of ideas, values and leadership. Each of us believes we can best lead the party. So does the incumbent. Let us each take our case to the public. The saying “may the best man win” is a quintessential value that the Republican Party must honor if we are to command the respect of the American people. Cowards run from fights. Warriors stand and fight for what they believe. The United States respects warriors. Only the weak fear competition. << --- joint Op-Ed by Joe Walsh, Mark Sanford and Bill Weld, Washington Post (paywall but synopsis here)​

The Democrats' "superdelegate" rigging has been trumped. Instead of holding an election, just declare a winner beforehand, dismiss the competition and take an extra scoop of ice cream. Welcome to the dicktatorship.

FAIL

Jo

FAIL

Jo

DING what is a four-letter verb that describes what post 2 just did with the topic for 600 Alex

Not surprised, I knew there would be those afraid to watch. :gay:

My state (so far) still has a Republican primary. If yours still does get out there and cast whatever protest vote you have left. Make it count.

Gee, I actually thought you might start a thread about your rigged Democrat debates

Gee, I actually thought you might start a thread about your rigged Democrat debates

Actually "I" don't have any debates but that's old news, referred to in the OP. I recall watching a 2016 primary where Clinton already had delegates, before the voting was even counted.

In this version they don't even bother counting the votes, they just asssssssssssss- ume.

I know you said "rigged debates" but that's not the title. Is it.

FAIL

Jo

What doesn't seem to have occurred to the thread saboteurs is that the video is 54 minutes long, which means they cannot yet have watched it. That amount of time has not yet elapsed, even if you clicked it the moment it appeared. Yet in they ooze to do their duty with the "Funnys" on a video they haven't even watched.

SO busted.

Lame! Democrats didn’t run many primaries for BO’s re-election. It’s by and large a waste of time and money to hold perfunctory primaries when there are zero viable alternatives other than the incumbent. 99.9 % of Americans couldn’t name a single person other than Trump running for the GOP nomination. They all are by definition, unviable.

Lame! Democrats didn’t run many primaries for BO’s re-election. It’s by and large a waste of time and money to hold perfunctory primaries when there are zero viable alternatives other than the incumbent. 99.9 % of Americans couldn’t name a single person other than Trump running for the GOP nomination. They all are by definition, unviable.

Yet another Rumpbot who decided there were "zero viable alternatives" without bothering to watch three of them. Complete with an Appeal to Ignorance to try to justify itself.

Dismissed.

Oh and I certainly had a Democratic primary in my state, and it was a late date (May I think), so I voted in the Republican one. I'll prolly do that again this time. And I don't really care what your "99.9%" Cult of Ignorance thinks.

FAIL

Jo

What doesn't seem to have occurred to the thread saboteurs is that the video is 54 minutes long, which means they cannot yet have watched it. That amount of time has not yet elapsed, even if you clicked it the moment it appeared. Yet in they ooze to do their duty with the "Funnys" on a video they haven't even watched.

SO busted.

Pretty vain there Pogo. You had to assume that people respect you so much, that they’d spend 54 minutes of their day watching a video you posted, about a debate that happened months ago among people nobody knows is running for President.

FAIL

Jo

SO busted.

Pretty vain there Pogo. You had to assume that people respect you so much, that they’d spend 54 minutes of their day watching a video you posted, about a debate that happened months ago among people nobody knows is running for President.

All three of them are well-known Republicans with national profiles. And if "Everybody" knew they were running what would be the point of posting this thread at all? This would have been must-carry coverage for the so-called "liburrul media".

But it wasn't, was it.

And cancelling primaries to try to keep it that way because you can't take the competition, speaks volumes. As all three of them laid out in the debate.

By contrast when I had a Democratic primary in 2012 my choices were "Barack O'bama" or "No Preference". What would be the point? So I went to the Republican ballot where at least there were people, let alone people I'd heard of.

The point of the post REMAINS --- that the naysayers waddled in here with provably no idea what was in the video, and proceeded to publicly go :lalala:. I learned much about all three of these guys. Wankers like the Funniers learned how to add one more to their "Funny" total. Guess who got more out of that.

And that tells us all we need to know about them. Doesn't it.

Back to you to essplain to the class why choice is a bad thing. :eek:

FAIL

Jo

SO busted.

Your beating a dead horse....
I would respond the same way to
A birther video whether it was 5 minutes or
5 hours....dead horse.....
You want to see rigged? let's see what Bernie has to say about the results of the convention.

Jo

FAIL

Jo

SO busted.

You want to see rigged? let's see what Bernie has to say about the results of the convention.

Jo

See what I mean? You're afraid of the topic. Can't touch it. Here you try to change the subject altogether.

Dismissed.

FAIL

Jo

SO busted.

Becoming the president is never about the best candidate. It's about the people's choice.

Though I assume William weld was in that video...in which case I would avoid it because even watching a video of him in close quarters would be enough to get one drunk.

Jo

FAIL

Jo

SO busted.

Becoming the president is never about the best candidate. It's about the people's choice.

Though I assume William weld was in that video...in which case I would avoid it because even watching a video of him in close quarters would be enough to get one drunk.

Jo

Yes I've already noted that you're stuffing your ears going :lalala: -- you don't need to prove me right.

FAIL

Jo

SO busted.

Jo

See what I mean? You're afraid of the topic. Can't touch it. Here you try to change the subject altogether.

Dismissed.

Nah I just know it's a waste of time. Lemme guess....Bill Weld was sober for a few minutes while he expressed outrage.

Jo

FAIL

Jo

SO busted.

Jo

Dismissed.

Nah I just know it's a waste of time. Lemme guess....Bill Weld was sober for a few minutes while he expressed outrage.

Jo

You don't need to "guess". There's a little arrow on the video where if you click it, it starts playing. Who knew right?

In the time you've spent so far whining about it, you could have watched it all the way through, TWICE. I'd have to say that means I'm more interested in edification about who's looking to run my country, while you're more interested in whining that that edification exists.

Forum List

Back