Rigged Elections and Voter Fraud - how common is fraud? Not very.

Everytime Trump drops in the polls, he pulls out the fraud card. It's never his own doing

Hillary blames her voting for Middle East wars on George W Bush, and you're whining about this? Un freaking believable. You people have no sense of shame at all

I must have missed your request for a link of impersonation fraud in TX. I found I was wrong about the 2 convictions, it was 5. My B/U

By our count, 46 of the prosecutions ended with a conviction, guilty plea, no-contest plea or guilty plea as part of deferred adjudication. Of those, 18 cases appeared to involve fraud committed by individual voters: 12 cases with ineligible voters, five cases of voter impersonation and one case of voting more than once.

Voter fraud occurs in Texas, though convictions and guilty pleas are rare

Voter impersonation is not in person voter fraud that would be stopped with restrictive, state issued, current photo ID. That's the designation most often given when someone tries to cast a vote by mail ballot for another person.

Once again you're making assumptions that you can't prove. Then there were the dozen ineligibles that voted, how about you tell us, how many more are there that haven't been caught yet? You folks keep talking about national elections, why is there no concern for all the small towns across the country where many elections are decided by less than 10 votes. I've seen one in my county that was decided by 1 vote, it turned out two were fraudulent. Take those 2 away and the other side wins by 1.

And once again you're using gun grabber logic. We don't know how many people will use a gun to commit a violent act...so take them all away.

In person Vote fraud is next to nonexistent, especially in those small local elections where people in the polling place KNOW their neighbors. You can't pretend to be Joe Smith when the poll work is Joe's librarian from elementary school.

And where did I say to stop everyone from voting? That bitch, would be gun grabber logic.

Don't you also oppose stricter background checks and registration of weapons? Why is it okay to make voters jump through unnecessary hoops but gun owners have to have owning a gun made as easy as possible?

0*YGH-EJALqcuV_or_.png

How about we require the same ID and background checks for voting in a government authorized location that we require for buying a gun at a government authorized location. You can vote in private elections like HOA elections with out an ID, just like you can buy a gun from a private seller.

Voter impersonation is not in person voter fraud that would be stopped with restrictive, state issued, current photo ID. That's the designation most often given when someone tries to cast a vote by mail ballot for another person.

Once again you're making assumptions that you can't prove. Then there were the dozen ineligibles that voted, how about you tell us, how many more are there that haven't been caught yet? You folks keep talking about national elections, why is there no concern for all the small towns across the country where many elections are decided by less than 10 votes. I've seen one in my county that was decided by 1 vote, it turned out two were fraudulent. Take those 2 away and the other side wins by 1.

And once again you're using gun grabber logic. We don't know how many people will use a gun to commit a violent act...so take them all away.

In person Vote fraud is next to nonexistent, especially in those small local elections where people in the polling place KNOW their neighbors. You can't pretend to be Joe Smith when the poll work is Joe's librarian from elementary school.

And where did I say to stop everyone from voting? That bitch, would be gun grabber logic.

Don't you also oppose stricter background checks and registration of weapons? Why is it okay to make voters jump through unnecessary hoops but gun owners have to have owning a gun made as easy as possible?

0*YGH-EJALqcuV_or_.png

How about we require the same ID and background checks for voting in a government authorized location that we require for buying a gun at a government authorized location. You can vote in private elections like HOA elections with out an ID, just like you can buy a gun from a private seller.

How about first you make it so everyone buying a gun or receiving it as a gift has to register it (like you have to register to vote) Also anyone buying one has to show the same kind of restrictive photo ID y'all want voters to show each time they vote.

0*YGH-EJALqcuV_or_.png

How about first you make it so everyone buying a gun or receiving it as a gift has to register it (like you have to register to vote) Also anyone buying one has to show the same kind of restrictive photo ID y'all want voters to show each time they vote.

You want to do a background and ID check every time a person votes, I'm cool with that, though it might make for long lines, you cool with that?

We have Donald Trump and his zealots already paving the way for allegations of mass fraud and rigged elections.

Based on what evidence? Almost none.

Everytime Trump drops in the polls, he pulls out the fraud card. It's never his own doing -

• the Media is against him (never mind the fact that they never pressed him very hard on his lies);

• the Clintons are rigging it (never mind the fact that there is no evidence of that happening and rigging a national election is next to impossible in this country).

• Voter fraud - this, based on a handful of allegations, a lack of actual evidence, and over the years precious few convictions.
So somehow all this - not the man's character, not his lack of any sort of filter, not his policies or actions - are losing him the election. It's utter madness and logic

Comprehensive 10-Year Voter Fraud Study Found: It’s a GOP Myth

These warnings are not new and not supported by evidence; they defy numerous studies that have found that voter fraud is minimal.

They also invite a question: If the election is rigged, who is doing the rigging?

Presidential elections are conducted on a state-by-state basis, not nationally. And in most of the states seen as presidential battlegrounds, the chief elections officers are Republicans — most directly accountable to their state's voters.

• In Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Ohio and Utah, the chief elections officer of the state is a Republican, elected by voters of the state. Most are secretary of state; Utah’s lieutenant governor oversees elections there.
  • In Florida, the secretary of state is appointed by the state’s Republican governor, Rick Scott — a Trump supporter.
  • In North Carolina, the state board of elections has five members, appointed by the governor — currently a Republican. Its current chairman and three out of five members are Republicans.
There are states with some measure of Democratic control over the process.
  • In Minnesota and Missouri, the chief elections officer is a Democrat elected by the voters of the state.
  • Pennsylvania’s secretary of state was appointed by the state’s Democratic governor.
  • New Hampshire’s longtime secretary of state was once a Democrat, but was reelected to his post by the Republican-led state legislature.
  • Virginia’s Democratic governor, Terry McAuliffe — a longtime Clinton ally — appointed each member of that state’s three-person elections board.

Comprehensive 10-Year Voter Fraud Study Found: It’s a GOP Myth

...The Washington Post’s “Wonkblog” offers a summary of studies and investigations that have examined the issue of voter fraud. These studies have been conducted by academic researchers, news organizations, and state governments. They all produced similar results: The massive “in person” voter fraud that Republicans claim is helping Democrats steal elections simply does not exist.

Out of all of the research cited in the story, the investigations conducted by various states are the most interesting, because they were conducted by states that are currently controlled by Republicans. For example, the Kansas secretary of state took a look at 84 million votes cast in 22 states, trying to find duplicate registrations. The result? They referred 14 cases to prosecutors. Fourteen. Out of 84 million votes.

North Carolina also participated in the multi-state voter “cross check” program. Their survey of 28 states turned up 765 people with the same names, birth dates, and whose Social Security numbers ended with the same four digits, who voted in North Carolina and another state, according to the Charlotte News and Observer. There is no word on how many, if any, of those people will be prosecuted. Even if all 765 were guilty of voter fraud, it is still a tiny percentage of the nearly seven million votes cast in North Carolina in 2012, and certainly not enough to sway the outcome of an election.

Iowa’s Republican secretary of state Matt Schultz spent two years, and over a quarter of a million taxpayer dollars, to find 117 possibly fraudulent votes, leading to only six convictions. Of those who were convicted, three were felons who believed that their right to vote had been restored.

Even though voter fraud does not exist on the level that Republicans claim that it does, there are instances of possible voter fraud in almost every election. Here are a few examples:

NO ONE claims it doesn't occur (despite misleading claims by some) - but it's very uncommon. Why is it uncommon? It's not a very successful way of throwing an election. People will always find examples to throw in as "proof" but so what? A handful out of millions of votes? And that is sufficient excuse to try and undermine our entire electoral integrity with this infectious madness?

Hell, the Democrats could have flown that flag with Gore vs Bush, called for violence and armed poll watchers. But this madness is new and the source is Trump. Everyone is "against him" - everyone is "biased" - the Dems, the media, the Republican establishment. Maybe it's not "Them" - maybe it's Trump himself who causing people to turn away. Ever think of that? :dunno:
In the interest of fairness, I want to point out that it is not a GOP position. Rather a Trump position. A position even his surrogates try to deny.

Well they did catch one.
Rigging The Election: Trump Voter Arrested In Iowa On Voter Fraud Charges

Forum List

Back