Rick perry is scary.

Rick Perry's 2012 Presidential Campaign website is up and running.

Rick Perry for President | Join Today

It's Rick Perry for President | Join Today if you don't trust links.

Did you have a Fred Thompson 2008 sticker? Or Rudy 2008?

What do you mean "Did"?

I still have a McCain/Palin sticker on the tailgate of my truck.

Don't want to be mistaken for an Obama supporter.

You can easily recognize them by the sticky rectangular residue on their bumper.

3016918029_30a2f21e1a.jpg

Based on what I have seen, perry is W version 1.1 (doesn't deserve a whole point) a lot of talk but lacking substance. Watching his speech in SC today i realized how much like W he is. He gave a speech to a friendly crowd and everytime they cheered after he finished a comment you coulkd see the W smirk and could tell in his eyes that he was thinking "he he he Nailed it." LOL

BTW I thought the right didn't like people who read their speeches while they gave them?? teleprompter, bad but notes on the podium, good??

With just a quick cursory review of Perry's track record and stated positions that hold up pretty well under scrutiny, Perry:

* is pro life but would not work to overturn Roe v Wade
* is pro unalienable rights and personal freedoms as the Constitution intended
* is tough on crime, most especially repeat sex offenders
* favors states making policy on drug use instead of the federal government
* pro education vouchers/school choice
* pro environment and energy independence - opposed to Cap & Trade
* is an advocate of free trade
* is pro voter I.D.
* is pro states rights
* is anti earmarks
* would repeal Obamacare as quickly as could be done and promote real reforms that would push healthcare costs to more affordable levels.
* encourages involvement of fathers as the best single antidote for poverty, crime, and school dropouts.
* is pro 2nd amendment
* is pro military/strong defense/strong homeland security
* sees reform of Social Security and Medicare to bring back into solvency as a critical issue now.
* pro sealing the border, making sanctuary states/cities illegal, denying all but immediate humanitarian assistance to illegals, and pro temporary legal work programs.
* the states and the feds should use overwhelming force to shut down the drug cartels.

Texas remains one of the nation's most tax friendly states, produced 70% of all jobs created in 2009 and has done almost as well in 2010 and so far this year.

I think Perry could be a formidable candidate in the 2012 election process.

I liked the speech, but he missed the part where he should thank Obama for the stimulus money he used to balance his state budget. That wasn't very nice. You must give credit where credit is due.

It's weird that you posted this. I was just having a conversation with a few people not too long ago and asked them if Rick Perry seemed kinda creepy to them. For some reason, he gives me the willies, and I can honestly say that NO politician has ever caused me to have that reaction.
Your intuition is well tuned. Follow its signal.

I liked the speech, but he missed the part where he should thank Obama for the stimulus money he used to balance his state budget. That wasn't very nice. You must give credit where credit is due.

Then there wa the point where he mentioned how unfaior it was that 50% of the country doesn't pay and income taxes and "now they want to take it from us" at that point the crowd didnt' seem sure that they should clap or not. LOL

Who was he talking to?

Wait -- Obama is better than Bush yet . . . . Obama is Bush on steroids. How can Obama be better when he's worse?

And now Perry is Bush on steroids? So does that make Perry better than Bush or better than Obama? Or is that worse?

It's gonna be a long year.
You present with empty opinions. You say Obama is Bush on steroids. Now tell us in specifically what way.

I said Perry is Bush on steroids because he is another cowboy emulation. The same white hat, cowboy boots and brush-clearing bullshit, except that Perry is a real Texan whereas Bush is a Connecticut Yankee with an affected Texas accent.

Bush was Governor of Texas, so is Perry. Perry even resembles Bush. So I see them as being cut from the same cloth -- except that Perry is a much thicker cut.

Now how is Obama like Bush?

Wait -- Obama is better than Bush yet . . . . Obama is Bush on steroids. How can Obama be better when he's worse?

And now Perry is Bush on steroids? So does that make Perry better than Bush or better than Obama? Or is that worse?

You present with empty opinions. You say Obama is Bush on steroids. Now tell us in specifically what way.

I said Perry is Bush on steroids because he is another cowboy emulation. The same white hat, cowboy boots and brush-clearing bullshit, except that Perry is a real Texan whereas Bush is a Connecticut Yankee with an affected Texas accent.

Bush was Governor of Texas, so is Perry. Perry even resembles Bush. So I see them as being cut from the same cloth -- except that Perry is a much thicker cut.

I wonder if Republicans know that Perry was a Democrat when he won his first seat in the Texas house of reps in 1984?

It's weird that you posted this. I was just having a conversation with a few people not too long ago and asked them if Rick Perry seemed kinda creepy to them. For some reason, he gives me the willies, and I can honestly say that NO politician has ever caused me to have that reaction.

I prefer hard #'s as opposed to 'Cleo the Psychic' intuitions.
So I'll show you the money.
Recovery Act Funds received by states as of the end of June 2011 ranked California 1st and Texas 2nd. California received almost double the funds that Texas received under the Recovery Act; with Ca. recipient jobs created reported as 52,465. Texas recipient jobs created were reported at 45,340.
Looks to me like Texas did a helluva lot more with a helluva lot less!

State/Territory Totals, as Reported by Recipients

RICK PERRY IS SCARY.
Overheard on CNN.com:
Time to leave the country?

"Hey, Rick: What brand of gun would Jesus tote?"–RationalDoc

Why Rick Perry is headed to the White House
Why are Americans gearing up to elect another Texan for president? asks fellow Texan James Moore, an Emmy-award winning former news correspondent and co-author of the best-seller, "Bush's Brain." Although Perry "hates to govern, loves to campaign, and barely has a sixth grader's understanding of economics," writes Moore, his "coyote-killer good looks, $2,000 hand-tooled cowboy boots, supernova smile and Armani suits will create a product Americans will want to believe and buy."His prediction had many CNN.com readers planning to leave the country.
Overheard on CNN.com: Time to leave the country? – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs ... n-cnn-com/

Turnip wagons were invented for people like you! :lol:

I prefer hard #'s as opposed to 'Cleo the Psychic' intuitions.
So I'll show you the money.
Recovery Act Funds received by states as of the end of June 2011 ranked California 1st and Texas 2nd. California received almost double the funds that Texas received under the Recovery Act; with Ca. recipient jobs created reported as 52,465. Texas recipient jobs created were reported at 45,340.
Looks to me like Texas did a helluva lot more with a helluva lot less!

State/Territory Totals, as Reported by Recipients

Also Texas is the second most populous state in the nation and receives only about 90% of every dollar in federal benefits (according to the budget) than it pays into the federal treasury. The actual individual benefit to each Texan is of course a lot less because the budget also includes the billions siphoned off of all revenues by the federal bureaucracy.

California does even worse in that regard getting back only about 80% (less costs) for every federal dollar it pays in--that is due to California's higher mandatory wage and benefits, which of course results in Californians in general being taxed far more than Texans in general.

Last edited:

Wanna hear something else that's the same about Bush and Perry?

Perry was a cheerleader at Texas A&M. They're known as Aggie Yell Leaders.

How weird is that?

Wanna hear something else that's the same about Bush and Perry?

Perry was a cheerleader at Texas A&M. They're known as Aggie Yell Leaders.

How weird is that?

How many 'social promotions' did you receive before graduating from publik edukation?

I like Rick Perry. He'll be an excellent candidate - and I think he can beat Obama (as long as the Dems are constrained from too much voter fraud).

I guess you remember how Bush stole the election. Twice.:confused::evil:

Is Mr. Bush Really the President?!
Bush Stole the 2000 Election

Mark Crispin Miller, Fooled Again: How the Right Stole the 2004 Election and Why They’ll Steal the Next One Too (Basic Books, 2005), 7-31, 262, and passim.
http://www.michaelparenti.org/stolenelections.html

Last edited:

Bush spent like a madman . . . two unfunded wars, Medicare part D, etc.

Obama is spending like a madman. He's added how much to the debt in what, 2 1/2 years?

If Bush sucked and Obama is a third term Bush . . then wouldn't it stand to reason that Obama sucks? Yes, yes it would.

Drawing parallels between Perry and Bush because each were/are Gov of Texas and you liken them to white-hat-wearing-cowboys? Oh, that's a nifty reason to give someone a yea or nay. :rolleyes: I'm going to research how Perry governs and his stance on things before forming an opinion.

Obama is spending like a madman. He's added how much to the debt in what, 2 1/2 years?

If Bush sucked and Obama is a third term Bush . . then wouldn't it stand to reason that Obama sucks? Yes, yes it would.

Drawing parallels between Perry and Bush because each were/are Gov of Texas and you liken them to white-hat-wearing-cowboys? Oh, that's a nifty reason to give someone a yea or nay. :rolleyes: I'm going to research how Perry governs and his stance on things before forming an opinion.

I gotta be honest here.. if it ain't obamaa I'm going to vote for it. It's just that simple.

RICK PERRY IS SCARY.
Overheard on CNN.com:
Time to leave the country?

"Hey, Rick: What brand of gun would Jesus tote?"–RationalDoc

Why Rick Perry is headed to the White House
Why are Americans gearing up to elect another Texan for president? asks fellow Texan James Moore, an Emmy-award winning former news correspondent and co-author of the best-seller, "Bush's Brain." Although Perry "hates to govern, loves to campaign, and barely has a sixth grader's understanding of economics," writes Moore, his "coyote-killer good looks, $2,000 hand-tooled cowboy boots, supernova smile and Armani suits will create a product Americans will want to believe and buy."His prediction had many CNN.com readers planning to leave the country.
Overheard on CNN.com: Time to leave the country? – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs ... n-cnn-com/

He's scary because he's successful at being Governor. Plus he looks like another Ronald Reagan.

I'd be scared too if I supported that pencil-neck in the White House.

Heck your average Student Body President has shown more leadership and class then Obama.

Perry has more actual leadership then Obama will ever have.

One of Perry's accomplishments.

Rick Perry's NAFTA Superhighway Problem
8/12/2011
Rachel Alexander

Move over Mitt Romney. Rick Perry has a bigger problem to defend from his tenure as governor. Remember the NAFTA Superhighway project? It was to consist of a two-mile wide $184 billion transit system of toll roads, rail lines and utilities from the Texas-Mexico border all the way up to the Minnesota-Canadian border, to make it easier to ship foreign goods from China and other countries into North America. It became so unpopular in Texas that the Texas portion of it, called the Trans-Texas Corridor, was renamed and mostly disbanded a couple of years ago. Perry was the only gubernatorial candidate in 2006 of four major candidates who supported it. Even the Democratic candidate opposed it.

http://townhall.com/columnists/rachelalexander/2011/08/12/rick_perrys_nafta_superhighway_problem

Perry’s campaign website lists the Trans-Texas Corridor as one of his accomplishments, http://www.rickperry.org/accomplishments/transportation “Rather than taking decades to expand these important corridors a little bit at a time, Governor Perry developed the Trans-Texas Corridor plan.”But is it something Perry really wants broadcast as an achievement?

The Texas Republican Party’s 2010 platform includes a plank specifically opposing the Trans-Texas Corridor. https://www.1888932-2946.ws/TexasGOP/E-ContentStrategy/userfiles/2010_RPT_PLATFORM.pdf Some of the opposition to the NAFTA
Superhighway has been dismissed as conspiratorial, but loud objections also came from people concerned with border security and one million rural interests and farmers that stood to lose their land to eminent domain. Blog Management - Transportation leaders acknowledge failures of TTC-35 project, hint at future I-35 strategies

Last edited:

Obama isn't spending as much as it might first appear by looking at debt numbers.

First of all, the federal gov't is suffering from the same problem as the states in that tax revenues have fallen because of a drop in employment. While Bush drove DOWN tax reciepts by reducing taxes, Obama has had tax reciepts drop even further because people are out of work.

Added to that are unemployment compensation and a rise in the use of food stamps. Those aren't choices so much as they are necessary expenditures. That is, unless you would prefer to see more homeless people lining up outside of soup kitchens.

The stimulus was passed to help the states with their budget shortfalls (they had a drop in state income tax and sales taxes), and to replace the contraction of spending in the private sector.

And finally, the wars were finally put on budget. They weren't before. Remember all those defense supplementals that were passed in the Bush years? That's because the spending on the war wasn't counted as part of the budget.

So, you see that President hasn't gone on some wild liberal spending spree as conservatives and Republicans would have everyone believe.

Forum List

Back