Rick Perry has a Bush problem

Would Rick Perry Have a Bush Problem? - NYTimes.com

The Bush's pull a lot of power in the GOP. Ricky needs to play nice with the Republican first family.

This is a lot of media bumping uglies...

Perry's biggest problem is that the ESTABLISHMENT of the GOP, the guys who want Romney because he rows with them at the country club, old bean, doesn't really like the notion that the rank and file, the rabble, might actually realize, "Hey, they've got the money, but we've got the numbers."

This is why they are scared shitless of the TEA Party. I think if left to the establishment GOP, they'd have cut a deal with the Community Organizer on the debt... So in many ways, the GOP is going through a transformation.

I think this was the fight for the soul of the party that almost happened in 2008, with the grassroots Christian working folks backing Huckabee and the Establishment getting behind Romney (R-Kolob). When the establishment figured the couldn't foist Romney on the masses because of his elitism and crazy religion, they turned to McCain and lost.

Perry won't take the beating Huckabee did. The Talk Radio types like Limbaugh can't go after Perry the way they went after Huck.

Perry dissed Rove and the Bushes after they helped groom him.

Exactly! The Bushes can make or break him. If they want to, they can probably dig more more dirt than the Dems. The establishment GOP is afraid that is Perry wins the Nomination, they may as well concede to the Tea Party. This coild be a battle for the soul of the GOP....EXCITING! :clap2:

Two pathetic threads on the same subject by the same person......

OP is a fag....

Republicans are running against Barack Obama, except two individuals: Ron Paul and Gary Johnson. They are running on principle.

i figured you would dismiss it, because thats what people like you do.

Go on and ignore reality.
A blog is reality??!! :eusa_eh:
That's like saying you can tell the future with a fortune cookie.
Besides based on the thread title I though this would be about mistress who lost her razor....... :(

um......rove ran someone against perry in texas.....

Uuummmm, can it be my humor is lost on some people? Say it isn't so! :eek:

um......rove ran someone against perry in texas.....

Uuummmm, can it be my humor is lost on some people? Say it isn't so! :eek:

Karl Rove Blasts Rick Perry and Makes The Case That He Is Just Like Bush

video in link of rove.....prove me wrong.
Well again look, Perry does want to establish himself as being his own man, but there are two ways to do that. One is to say, I’m my own man. I am who I am. The experiences that have made up my life have made me who I am. Another way is to try and contrast yourself with the former president and do so in a way that is dismissive of the former president.

Now why one would want to do that when they are both from Texas, why they’ve both got a cordial relationship. Why one would want to do that, I don’t know. Look it did not matter to George Bush in 1998 that he went to Yale and that Perry went to A&M. Bush raised went out of. He moved heaven and earth to get Rick Perry elected as his running mate and lieutenant governor. He raised him money outside the state. He made certain that his phone banks only called people that were for both men in order to get them out to vote.

In 1998 George H.W. Bush, the former president, President Bush 41 only cut two television ads for candidates in the entire country, for his son Jeb Bush in Texas, (Rove meant Florida) and the closing ad endorsing very strongly Rick Perry for lieutenant governor, and so you know look I know from the perspective of the former president that he has a cordial personal strong friendship of nearly two decades with the governor. I think that’s true for the governor too, but why he falls into this pattern of sounding like he is being dismissive of the former president is not smart politics strategically or tactically.

roves words....all of it.....

So which chapter of Anal Anonymous do you belong to? :eusa_eh:

But general elections are largely determined by the tide of independent voters, who soured on Mr. Bush in his second term and swung to Mr. Obama by a margin of eight percentage points in 2008. Those voters aren’t exactly enamored of Mr. Obama anymore, but it is fair to wonder whether they could be persuaded to return to the Republican fold by a candidate whose résumé and rhetoric would feel so painfully familiar. It would be like Democrats nominating a peanut farmer in 1988.

Correct. And this is not a problem for just Perry but all the GOP contenders: moderates, independents, and democrats aren’t going to vote for any of them, they’re all to extreme.

Forum List

Back