Rick Perry explains how "abstinence only" works

R

rdean

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ354DksO64&feature]Rick Perry Has a George Bush Moment - YouTube[/ame]

Texas has the third highest teen pregnancy rate in the country.

People are NOT going to give up having sex, folks.

Any policy based on the presumption that we can convince people to not have sex is bound to be a failure.

The abstinance only POV a kind of magic thinking that we've come to expect from people whose entire world view is based on magical thinking.

His base doesnt care.

Look how stupid Bush appeared on the issues and they voted for him.

Perry looks more like reagan and is everything they loved about Bush.

They cheated enough to get Bush in office they will cheat enough to put this swaggering cowboy in office.

Rick Perry Has a George Bush Moment - YouTube

I'm not defending Perry, he's a Liberal in Conservative clothing but he's right. If you don't stick your "cocktis erectus" in a girl, she can't get pregnant. What part of that is wrong? None of it.

But hey that doesn't matter, they're gonna' fuck anyway, so just give em condoms and/or access to abortions. Great idea. :rolleyes:

I'm not defending Perry, he's a Liberal in Conservative clothing but he's right. If you don't stick your "cocktis erectus" in a girl, she can't get pregnant. What part of that is wrong? None of it.

But hey that doesn't matter, they're gonna' fuck anyway, so just give em condoms and/or access to abortions. Great idea. :rolleyes:

I agree. They are going to have sex anyway and anything we can do to protect our kids is good enough for me.

Might as well have gubmint buy them packs of smokes and ash trays for their night stands, too. :lol:

A new study published in the Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine Monday showed that young teens given an abstinence-only message were significantly more likely to delay having sex than those receiving more comprehensive sex education.

The research is gaining attention since it’s the first rigorously conducted study demonstrating that an abstinence-only program can be effective.

“This is really game-changing research, because it provides the first strong evidence that abstinence-only education can help very young teens delay sex,” says Bill Albert, chief program officer for that National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy, a nonpartisan organization. “The menu of proven options just got larger, and that’s good news.”

Well, it is a scientific fact that can not be debated that abstinence is the only way to prevent unwanted pregnancy and STD. Sex education has done nothing to stop them either. You also leave out the fact that they are higher among minority's in this state. Perry is a douche wagon sure, but I dont see anything here to make that worse.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back