Rick Perry Doesn't Know Much About the Bible

BakshisMouse

Rookie
Jun 28, 2011
Take this quote from Rick Perry:
Many want to recognize Jesus as a good teacher, but nothing more. But why call him 'good' if he has lied about his claims of deity?
However, if one reads the Bible in the original, one finds out that Jesus never says for himself that he is the Son of God:

Some such versions [of the Bible] have Yahweh whisper to Jesus that "You are my son." In the original Aramaic, the words God intoned were "You are my chosen servant." That same phrase God earlier spoke to Abram/Abraham, Moses, and David.

Not quite a big issue, but just more evidence that politicians will say anything to get votes, whether they fact check it or not.

Read article from Kansas City Star here:

Rick Perry, biblical misreader, offends Jews - KansasCity.com

Jesus never said He was the Son of God? Well, please explain John 10 then:

30 I and my Father are one.

31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him. (John 10: 30 - 38)

Ill sum it up here:

Christ claimed that He and His Father are one. The Pharisees realized that He claimed that He was God's son and attempted to stone Him for blasphemy.

Christ defended Himself by pointing out the scripture in Psalms 82 which speaks to the believers and says "ye are gods" and argued that how can you stone me fore saying I am the Son of God if the scriptures say those who believe are gods?

Not much point to the whole argument if He isn't claiming to be the Son of God now does it?

Many want to recognize Jesus as a good teacher, but nothing more. But why call him 'good' if he has lied about his claims of deity?
However, if one reads the Bible in the original, one finds out that Jesus never says for himself that he is the Son of God:

Some such versions [of the Bible] have Yahweh whisper to Jesus that "You are my son." In the original Aramaic, the words God intoned were "You are my chosen servant." That same phrase God earlier spoke to Abram/Abraham, Moses, and David.

Not quite a big issue, but just more evidence that politicians will say anything to get votes, whether they fact check it or not.

politicians shouldn't be talking about jesus at all...

politicians shouldn't be doing bible study while campaigning...

• Banned
Jesus never said He was the Son of God? Well, please explain John 10 then:

30 I and my Father are one.

31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him. (John 10: 30 - 38)

Ill sum it up here:

Christ claimed that He and His Father are one. The Pharisees realized that He claimed that He was God's son and attempted to stone Him for blasphemy.

Christ defended Himself by pointing out the scripture in Psalms 82 which speaks to the believers and says "ye are gods" and argued that how can you stone me fore saying I am the Son of God if the scriptures say those who believe are gods?

Not much point to the whole argument if He isn't claiming to be the Son of God now does it?

Thanks for that information.

"Almighty and eternal Lord God, the great Creator of heaven and earth, and the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ; look down from heaven in pity and compassion upon me Thy servant, who humbly prorate myself before Thee." George Washington's prayer at Valley Forge

"The general principles on which the fathers achieved independence were.... the general principles of Christianity." -- John Adams in letter to Thomas Jefferson, June 28, 1813

"Neither party expected for the war, the magnitude, or the duration, which it has already attained. Neither anticipated that the cause of the conflict might cease with, or even before, the conflict itself should cease. Each looked for an easier triumph, and as a result less fundamental and astounding. Both read the same Bible, and pray to the same God; and each invokes His aid against the other...The prayers of both could not be answered; that of neither has been answered fully...If we shall suppose that American Slavery is one of those offenses which, in the providence of God, must needs come, but which, having continued through His appointed time, He now wills to remove, and that He gives to both North and South, this terrible war, as the woe due to those by whom the offence came, shall we discern therein any departure from those divine attributes which the believers in a Living God always ascribe to Him?
Lincolns' Second Inaugural.

Good thing the Founders never asked you.

They can do whatever the Hell they wish. This is still a free nation last time I checked.

Rick Perry, Biblical misreader, offends Jews - KansasCity.com

politicians shouldn't be talking about Jesus at all...

Rick Perry, like most political conservatives, use religion as cover and only religious ignoramuses fail to see them for what they truly are: Hypocrites.

Never mind versions and interpretations of the Bible. I am a conservative Christian and would never encourage and force-immunize unmarried women against venereal diseases that are contracted by engaging in inappropriate sexual activities.

Rick Perry, Biblical misreader, offends Jews - KansasCity.com

politicians shouldn't be talking about Jesus at all...

Rick Perry, like most political conservatives, use religion as cover and only religious ignoramuses fail to see them for what they truly are: Hypocrites.

Never mind versions and interpretations of the Bible. I am a conservative Christian and would never encourage and force-immunize unmarried women against venereal diseases that are contracted by engaging in inappropriate sexual activities.

Well, I guess I can take you out of the "judge not, lest you be judged column" type of Christian.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Freedom of Speech....that's for EVERYONE, not just you :)

He has every right to. A true Christian will not deny or hide their Christian beliefs, and they don't have to.

Oh my fave hands down is Pelosi saying the Catholic Church's stand on abortion is murky.

That woman just hit the DOWN button to hell. The stupid twit was even chastised by the Pope and she still didn't get it.

:lol:

You obviously know less then Perry.

Jesus said " I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life; no one comes to the Father, but through me." Would a good teacher say that?

Is that in the Constitution, or do you just hate people who know things you don't?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/relig...blicans-turn-their-backs-on-christianity.html

Most right wingers don't know much about the Bible. Nor the Constitution. Obama taught the constitution at the university level for 10 years and they think he's stupid.

Right wingers always misquote the Bible and say passages from the Declaration of Independence thinking they came from the Constitution.

But it does make them feel "special" when they point out someone "mispelled" a word. Git it? "Mispelled"?

Oh my fave hands down is Pelosi saying the Catholic Church's stand on abortion is murky.

That woman just hit the DOWN button to hell. The stupid twit was even chastised by the Pope and she still didn't get it.

there is no hell...

and why should she care what the pope says? do you think political determinations should be based on what some religious leader says.

let's talk about freedom of speech... politician A gets up and talks about Allah and infidels and some imam "chastizes" a politician for commenting about the treatment of women by muslim men....

your response will be

a) they have freedom of speech and freedom of religion.
b) OMG!!! CREEPING SHARIA!!!!!! GET RID OF THE MUSLIM!!! DON'T BUILD ANY MOSQUES... SEND THEM BACK TO THE MIDDLE EAST...

i figure your reaction, like most of the radical religious right ...

is B. :thup:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/relig...blicans-turn-their-backs-on-christianity.html

Most right wingers don't know much about the Bible. Nor the Constitution. Obama taught the constitution at the university level for 10 years and they think he's stupid.

Right wingers always misquote the Bible and say passages from the Declaration of Independence thinking they came from the Constitution.

But it does make them feel "special" when they point out someone "mispelled" a word. Git it? "Mispelled"?

If Obama taught it for so long...he should know it and be able to go by it! Or maybe he knows it so well, that's how he knows how to manipulate it. Just because he "knows" it, doesn't mean he goes by it.....

there is no hell...

and why should she care what the pope says? do you think political determinations should be based on what some religious leader says.

let's talk about freedom of speech... politician A gets up and talks about Allah and infidels and some imam "chastizes" a politician for commenting about the treatment of women by muslim men....

your response will be

a) they have freedom of speech and freedom of religion.
b) OMG!!! CREEPING SHARIA!!!!!! GET RID OF THE MUSLIM!!! DON'T BUILD ANY MOSQUES... SEND THEM BACK TO THE MIDDLE EAST...

i figure your reaction, like most of the radical religious right ...

is B. :thup:

Yes there is. The perveyor is Obama.

Forum List

Back