Rick Perry Doesn't Know Much About the Bible

Take this quote from Rick Perry:

However, if one reads the Bible in the original, one finds out that Jesus never says for himself that he is the Son of God:

Not quite a big issue, but just more evidence that politicians will say anything to get votes, whether they fact check it or not.

Read article from Kansas City Star here:

Rick Perry, biblical misreader, offends Jews - KansasCity.com

Oh my fave hands down is Pelosi saying the Catholic Church's stand on abortion is murky.

That woman just hit the DOWN button to hell. The stupid twit was even chastised by the Pope and she still didn't get it.

:lol:

there is no hell...

and why should she care what the pope says? do you think political determinations should be based on what some religious leader says.

let's talk about freedom of speech... politician A gets up and talks about Allah and infidels and some imam "chastizes" a politician for commenting about the treatment of women by muslim men....

your response will be

a) they have freedom of speech and freedom of religion.
b) OMG!!! CREEPING SHARIA!!!!!! GET RID OF THE MUSLIM!!! DON'T BUILD ANY MOSQUES... SEND THEM BACK TO THE MIDDLE EAST...

i figure your reaction, like most of the radical religious right ...

is B. :thup:

OMG...THAT was stupid! Lol!

However, if one reads the Bible in the original, one finds out that Jesus never says for himself that he is the Son of God:

Not quite a big issue, but just more evidence that politicians will say anything to get votes, whether they fact check it or not.

Oh my fave hands down is Pelosi saying the Catholic Church's stand on abortion is murky.

That woman just hit the DOWN button to hell. The stupid twit was even chastised by the Pope and she still didn't get it.

there is no hell...

and why should she care what the pope says? do you think political determinations should be based on what some religious leader says.

let's talk about freedom of speech... politician A gets up and talks about Allah and infidels and some imam "chastizes" a politician for commenting about the treatment of women by muslim men....

your response will be

b) OMG!!! CREEPING SHARIA!!!!!! GET RID OF THE MUSLIM!!! DON'T BUILD ANY MOSQUES... SEND THEM BACK TO THE MIDDLE EAST...

Pelosi is a Catholic, which means she believes that the Pope has the authority to set doctrine for the church, and for her. That is why she should care about what he says.

Nancy Pelosi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for your question, please point to all the negative threads I have started about Ellison, or the many times he has said something about Islam, or Allah, in public.

Many want to recognize Jesus as a good teacher, but nothing more. But why call him 'good' if he has lied about his claims of deity?

Some such versions [of the Bible] have Yahweh whisper to Jesus that "You are my son." In the original Aramaic, the words God intoned were "You are my chosen servant." That same phrase God earlier spoke to Abram/Abraham, Moses, and David.

Again, if we didn't have 1000 different opinions about what the Bible says, we wouldn't have 1000 denominations of "Christian".

Not seeing the problem here. and I say that as an agnostic who thinks most religions are a little silly.

politicians shouldn't be doing bible study while campaigning...

He has every right to. A true Christian will not deny or hide their Christian beliefs, and they don't have to.

He can do whatever he likes regarding his religiosity but he is leaving himself open to being thought of as preachy, as it's of no concern to others, and seems exclusive to those who don't subscribe to his version.

We Christians are called to not judge others, lest we be judged ourselves. Only in matters of our own church family are we to judge each other in order to draw attention to when one is straying a little far from the accepted path. Whoever posted the 'fast track to hell' comment is simply wrong. It is God and God alone who determains your final disposition.

We are also told to obey the laws (provided they do not cross Gods laws) and to pray for our leaders. I have prayed for Obama on many occasions and I do believe that he is going as God is leading him. God has been know to use leaders to punish people and even used leaders to complete his plan for everyones salvation on the cross.

I don't believe that I am alone when I say that this country needs a God fearing man in the Oval Office. It is the most powerful seat on the planet and the man who sits there is in many ways the worlds leader. A position like that can easily go to someones head. I prefer my Presedents to know that there is and always will be one more powerful and all knowing watching over their shoulder.

Like it or not, this is a Christian founded and run country and the more programs and laws that are enacted to go against that foundation, there more that the country as a whole will start to rebel. Christains have been running this country sense it's founding and I hope that you would notice that there is still freedom of religion in this country. No one is trying to force their faith on the non-Christian ... Hasn't for over 200 years

Do Christians hold their views strongly? Yes, and so does everyone else. It is not the Christians that are trying to stifle religion, free speach and the right to assemble, it's those on the left that believe that their 'Godless' world view is better ... The results in this country speak for themselves.

If Perry is a practicing and true Christian (only God and Perry himself know) then I hope that he does win the election. The country has just tried a non-Christain for the first time ... I for one will be glad when he is showed the door and a God fearing man replaces him

there is no hell...

your response will be

YOU MUST BE BAT SHIT CRAZY!

how did you go from my post to sharia? holy muther fucking trucking toledo here? I'm speechless on this shit.

I criticized that idiot Pelosi and you give me this pile of shit. You are nuts. Seriously seek higher voltage on your therapy.

I absolutely cannot beleive what you just did.

Jillian pssst by the way I have worked with Afghan women since the mid 90's trying to fight for their rights as individuals. I am well known in those circles.

You can kiss my ass on that as well.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/relig...blicans-turn-their-backs-on-christianity.html

Most right wingers don't know much about the Bible. Nor the Constitution. Obama taught the constitution at the university level for 10 years and they think he's stupid.

Right wingers always misquote the Bible and say passages from the Declaration of Independence thinking they came from the Constitution.

But it does make them feel "special" when they point out someone "mispelled" a word. Git it? "Mispelled"?

If Obama taught it for so long...he should know it and be able to go by it! Or maybe he knows it so well, that's how he knows how to manipulate it. Just because he "knows" it, doesn't mean he goes by it.....

Educate us. What is it he's not "going by"?

there is no hell...

your response will be

Actually, no but then again we are not hypocrites like you have proven to be. YOUR answer should have been b since that is what you act like when a Christian politician is speaking about their religion in any kind of public setting.

Now, as for the OP, I fail to see what they are getting at with the quote. A cite would be nice as well...

We Christians are called to not judge others, lest we be judged ourselves. Only in matters of our own church family are we to judge each other in order to draw attention to when one is straying a little far from the accepted path. Whoever posted the 'fast track to hell' comment is simply wrong. It is God and God alone who determains your final disposition.

We are also told to obey the laws (provided they do not cross Gods laws) and to pray for our leaders. I have prayed for Obama on many occasions and I do believe that he is going as God is leading him. God has been know to use leaders to punish people and even used leaders to complete his plan for everyones salvation on the cross.

I don't believe that I am alone when I say that this country needs a God fearing man in the Oval Office. It is the most powerful seat on the planet and the man who sits there is in many ways the worlds leader. A position like that can easily go to someones head. I prefer my Presedents to know that there is and always will be one more powerful and all knowing watching over their shoulder.

Like it or not, this is a Christian founded and run country and the more programs and laws that are enacted to go against that foundation, there more that the country as a whole will start to rebel. Christains have been running this country sense it's founding and I hope that you would notice that there is still freedom of religion in this country. No one is trying to force their faith on the non-Christian ... Hasn't for over 200 years

Do Christians hold their views strongly? Yes, and so does everyone else. It is not the Christians that are trying to stifle religion, free speach and the right to assemble, it's those on the left that believe that their 'Godless' world view is better ... The results in this country speak for themselves.

If Perry is a practicing and true Christian (only God and Perry himself know) then I hope that he does win the election. The country has just tried a non-Christain for the first time ... I for one will be glad when he is showed the door and a God fearing man replaces him

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
Mohandas Gandhi

http://www.usmessageboard.com/relig...blicans-turn-their-backs-on-christianity.html

Let him die! The new "Christianity". Who knew?

Many want to recognize Jesus as a good teacher, but nothing more. But why call him 'good' if he has lied about his claims of deity?

Some such versions [of the Bible] have Yahweh whisper to Jesus that "You are my son." In the original Aramaic, the words God intoned were "You are my chosen servant." That same phrase God earlier spoke to Abram/Abraham, Moses, and David.

Still didnt get what?

Hell? Today's Republican Christians take delight in the thought of someone suffering. "Let him die".

Most right wingers don't know much about the Bible. Nor the Constitution. Obama taught the constitution at the university level for 10 years and they think he's stupid.

You'd think someone who taught a subject would be able to apply anything he supposedly taught. The continual disregard of the Constitution while He has been in office makes me incredibly scared simply for the fact that there are a bunch of lawyers who were taught Constitutional law from this man. Lawyers who think they know alot that don't are very dangerous. I think Obama is evidence of that.

Right wingers always misquote the Bible and say passages from the Declaration of Independence thinking they came from the Constitution.

Always? That's a pretty bold statement. Prove it.

I could see some. After all, there are alot of Democrat politicians who have no clue what the Constitution says or what is in any of the bills they supposedly "write".

But it does make them feel "special" when they point out someone "mispelled" a word. Git it? "Mispelled"?

Who exactly has misspelled a word here? And no you aren't really that funny. Pathetic. Sad, maybe. But not really funny.

there is no hell...

Yeah, try to explain that to the people who live and work in Hell, Michigan. It's located between Lansing and Detriot.

Because she is Catholic. I would expect that someone who proclaims that they have a certain religious belief would actually know what they supposedly claim to believe. Of course, I may be expecting too much.

And considering she was making a political argument while quoting Catholic Doctrine, then I would expect that she would have the honesty to not lie about it.

I know, big expectations. I expect politicians not to lie.

your response will be

They have freedom of religion and speech. In fact, Ill help them build their mosque.

Of course, if they intend to force their viewpoint on me with the sword, I will speak out, organize against, and even fight if necessary.

Funny, I haven't seen anyone from the right say they dont have religious freedom or the freedom to speak.

Actually, that's a very misquoted scripture. The Lord Jesus Christ explicitly commanded us to judge in John 7:24. Heck, there is a whole book in the Bible called "Judges" where men were called by God to judge the people.

And you are wrong about God alone determining our final disposition:

And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. (Matthew 19:28)

That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel. (Luke 22:30)

Clearly God has authorized the Twelve and may authorize others to judge us on the day of Judgment.

However, since none of us have been authorized to do so without explicit direction to, I can safely conclude that I am not one of those judges at this time and that it's not my responsibility or right to. And anyone else who hasn't been explicting authorize likewise cannot judge at the final judgment.

What the Jesus is essentially telling His disciples in the "Judge not lest ye be judged" scripture is that we will be held to the same standard we hold others to. If we judge mercifully, we will be granted mercy. If we judge harshly, we will be judged harshly. If we judge after careful examination, we will also be judged after a careful examination. If we judge quickly while paying no attention to the facts, we will likewise be judged quickly with little attention paid to the facts.

This applies to being judged in the world and by God. There are no double standards.

I don't really know that God is leading Obama at all. I certainly pray for Obama. And I pray that The Lord's will can be done. But I don't know that God is leading Him. Ill have to ask the Lord about it more I suppose.

A God fearing man in the oval office accomplishes nothing if the people who put him there aren't God-fearing. And a man who does not fear God in the oval office cannot oppress the people if they are God-fearing. The problem is many draw near to Him with their lips, but their hearts are far from Him.

There are many who will not listen.

Some Christians do. Others do not. Christians are not a monolithic group. Many are ignorant and have no clue what the standard the Gospel teaches is. Others do not follow that standard. Some even go to the extent to say that go strive to obey God's commandments somehow undermines the Atonement of Christ. Though I think that's mostly because they know they don't live it and dont want to.

A non-Christian for the first time? I highly doubt that. There are a number of Presidents who were completely unreligious or who may have pretended to be Christian but didn't really give a crap about the Gospel. Besides, Obama claims to be Christian. Although clearly not any kind Ive ever seen.

It will be alot more than being Christian to get me to vote for someone. I want someone who lives it.

If Obama taught it for so long...he should know it and be able to go by it! Or maybe he knows it so well, that's how he knows how to manipulate it. Just because he "knows" it, doesn't mean he goes by it.....

Educate us. What is it he's not "going by"?

Separation of powers, Federalism, 9th and 10th amendment.

Considering he is still supporting the Patriot act, I would have to presume that since you were criticizing Bush for the Patriot act being Unconstitutional, you would likewise have to criticize Obama for it. But then I know how you operate, so I wont hold my breath.

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
Mohandas Gandhi

Let him die! The new "Christianity". Who knew?

I still have never found an actual source that supports that quote as being from Gandhi. Quite frankly, Im not sure I believe it because it doesn't sound like Gandhi. He loved Christians. Heck, the man loved everyone even his "enemies".

I could be wrong. I know people change their views over time. But as there never seems to be an original source for that quote, I am skeptical.

Still didnt get what?

That the Catholic Church is against abortion.

Hell? Today's Republican Christians take delight in the thought of someone suffering. "Let him die".

What makes you say it was a christian that said that? I imagine not everyone at that debate were christians...and i imagine there were some democrats in that audience too. You do realize that there are christian democrats also, right? Prove it, or just shut up about it...thanks! :)

Forum List

Back