Richard Branson: My Lunch With Trump was Bizarre

SYTFE

Gold Member
Jun 25, 2016
Trolling/No Content
Interesting little interview with Richard Branson, who talks about the weird lunch he had with Donald. Richard, an actual billionare who's built real businesses, wanted to talk about things going on in the world, but all Donald wanted to talk about were his bankrupt companies and how he'd hired 5 people to help, for financial help, and those 5 people told him that they weren't willing to help Donald. Then Donald spent the rest of his lunch telling Richard how he'd spend the rest of his life destroying those people.

Richard Branson: My lunch with Trump was bizarre - CNN Video

Interesting little interview with Richard Branson, who talks about the weird lunch he had with Donald. Richard, an actual billionare who's built real businesses, wanted to talk about things going on in the world, but all Donald wanted to talk about were his bankrupt companies and how he'd hired 5 people to help, for financial help, and those 5 people told him that they weren't willing to help Donald. Then Donald spent the rest of his lunch telling Richard how he'd spend the rest of his life destroying those people.

Thank you! Trump is totally fucking insane! Even Glenn Beck thinks so - and he should know!

Richard Branson Recalls 'Bizarre' Lunch With Revenge-Obsessed Trump | Huffington Post

I read that about a month ago....probably why he keeps going on about Rosie O'Donnell and now Megan Kelly. And why he ran for President in the first place because of that Press Club dinner years ago when President Obama crushed him.

FB_IMG_1478028531352.jpg

By cracky, this proves that Trump is the right man for the job. Tells it like it is.

So now we have yet another first hand demonstration and recounting of how for Trump literally everything is all about him. Truly, I cannot imagine how such a materially successful person can be so emotionally unhinged and insecure. Trump strikes me as our time's most poignantly salient illustration of the saying "money cannot buy happiness." What a sad situation, and what a sad man Trump must be.

As a side note, just what does it say that five people whom one considered close enough friends that one could ask their aid in helping one overcome a multi-million dollar bankruptcy, only to find nary a one would lend a hand? Either one is a very poor judge of others' character and role in one's life, or those "friends" know one well enough to know better than to put their money behind one's financial endeavors.
  • When one is uncertain about another individual's character, one doesn't invite them into one's closest circle and call them a friend.
  • When one is quite certain of another's high quality character, one may well invite them close into one's ambit, but one's doing so does not necessarily mean they feel the same way as one does.
  • If one has what one considers close friends of whom one can ask millions of dollars, assuming they know one well, one would have to be "a mess" for them to deny one their aid.
I can't say which of those things apply to the situation Trump encountered, but I can say neither of them bodes well for someone wanting to be the U.S. President.

Last edited:
So now we have yet another first hand demonstration and recounting of how for Trump literally everything is all about him. Truly, I cannot imagine how such a materially successful person can be so emotionally unhinged and insecure. Trump strikes me as our time's most poignantly salient illustration of the saying "money cannot buy happiness." What a sad situation, and what a sad man Trump must be.
Donald may possess those traits but he doesn't hide it like ALL politicians do. He's not a slimy rotten snake like the Clintons and Barry.

By cracky, this proves that Trump is the right man for the job. Tells it like it is.

lol, what? You're insane.

Sounds to me like he was intimidated by Richard, being a real successful entrepreneur and actual billionaire. When people get insecure and intimidated, sometimes they try to overcompensate by acting "tough." Trump talked about his bankrupt companies and being the narcissist that he is, refused to place the blame on himself, so he found other guys that he asked for financial help from to place the blame on when they backed out. When 5 of the guys told him "fuck you, we're not helping you" he tried to make them look like the bad guys, and that he'd vowed to spend the rest of his pathetic life "destroying" them. It wasn't HIS fault that his businesses failed, it was the 5 guys who wouldn't help him. It was their fault.

Fortunately, Richard knows this type and can see right through their bravado rooted in insecurity. I have to say, this interview is super insightful about what type of character Trump has.

Donald may possess those traits but he doesn't hide it like ALL politicians do. He's not a slimy rotten snake like the Clintons and Barry.

Frankly, I'm thrilled that he doesn't hide them. That he doesn't hide those traits, however, doesn't at all militate for one's thinking those are traits one would willfully accept in a candidate for President. Call me nuts if you want, but I'm not about to give my vote to a person who had admitted to shown the kind of never ending desire for vengeance that Trump has. That's just not acceptable in a person who controls the U.S.' military forces in a world where we have rivals with the military capacity ours do. I'm sorry, I just can't cotton to the notion of "hiring" a President who may in a rage commit acts of war because he feels slighted by something another national leader says or does.

I heard this story beofre

Apparently he was begging for money when he went under, and vowedto destroy those that refused to bail him out. He eventually saved the company through a government bailout and tax payer subsidies, so I guess all worked out well for him in the end.

Sounds to me like he was intimidated by Richard, being a real successful entrepreneur and actual billionaire.

My sense is that Trump is intimidated by pretty much anyone who isn't awed by his financial position and celebrity. If one reads the accounts of Trump as a young man and teenager, one sees an individual who never seemed to get the respect he felt he deserved and who thus resorted to physical acts, emotional assaults and belligerence to make people respect him. I think the man has never figured out that respect accrues to one more by the content of one's character than by one's material accomplishments.

I respect Trump's financial achievements as achievements on their own, but I don't respect him as a person for from what I can tell, he's never achieved anything through good faith and trust offered to others. Trust and high regard is something earned only one way: by making oneself vulnerable to another individual. If you've been married happily or developed strong, sincere and close friendships, or raised kids, you know that to be so. Trump just is, IMO, incapable of making himself vulnerable in the ways needed to obtain the respect and trust of others who'd be at his level as President on the world's stage.

Forum List

Back