Rhetoric vs. Reality: Obama set to outpace Bush on deportations

I can't stand it when liberals make Bush the standard for conservatisim.

Let's see. A little math is in order.

Bush's 1.57 million divided by 96 months comes to 16,354 per month on average.

Obama's 1.06 million divided by 33 months comes 32,121 per month on average.

So, which president has taken the issue of illegal immigration more seriously?

Like Avatar said, that's admirable, but a completely futile effort.

Another conservative myth (lie) comes crashing down in the light of factual analysis.

What myth/lie would you be referring to? I don't know too many people who would claim that George Bush was strong on illegal immigration. In fact, he was one of the worst presidents in recent history on enforcement, in my opinion. So claiming Obama will deport more illegals than Bush isn't really saying much and as your own link points out, the Obama admin has just recently weakened their policies. On top of that, Obama has done nothing to stop the flow of illegals entering this country.

I understand your point here was to just make a petty, partisan jab because you are a petty, partisan individual and I don't think, as usual, you did a very good job of it.

The answer is obvious: None of the above.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Another conservative myth (lie) comes crashing down in the light of factual analysis.

What myth/lie would you be referring to? I don't know too many people who would claim that George Bush was strong on illegal immigration. In fact, he was one of the worst presidents in recent history on enforcement, in my opinion. So claiming Obama will deport more illegals than Bush isn't really saying much and as your own link points out, the Obama admin has just recently weakened their policies. On top of that, Obama has done nothing to stop the flow of illegals entering this country.

I understand your point here was to just make a petty, partisan jab because you are a petty, partisan individual and I don't think, as usual, you did a very good job of it.

Dont confuse him with facts

Thanks for the comical post. Every once in a blue moon, conservative comic relief can punctuate the impact of a thread as it relates to previously held conventional thinking (I use the last word loosely).

For you to say that Obama has done nothing to stop the flow of illegals entering this country when his current record shows a 100% increase in deportations over Bush's record proves that what you say shouldn't be taken at all seriously.

Thanks for the comical post. Every once in a blue moon, conservative comic relief can punctuate the impact of a thread as it relates to previously held conventional thinking (I use the last word loosely).

For you to say that Obama has done nothing to stop the flow of illegals entering this country when his current record shows a 100% increase in deportations over Bush's record proves that what you say shouldn't be taken at all seriously.

You do realize that deporting people that are here doesnt necessary effect how many people cross the boarder and enter illegally, right?

Last edited:

My understanding is that each deportation costs approximately $4,000. Perhaps you would care to criticize Obama for spending so much money on deportations while praising Bush for his retraint. See how that works!

Pass the Schumer/Graham Immigration Bill that will stop illegal work and give amnesty to deserving illegals. Recognize reality.
BTW, I don't believe Pubs really want to solve this. They love cheap labor, only pass unconstitutional harassment laws that do nothing to solve the problem, only hurt the rights of hispanics in general Pub dupes!!.

Exactly, which president has been toughest on illegal immigration?
Ronald Reagan?
George HW Bush?
Bill Clinton?
George W Bush?
Barrack Obama?

none of hem have been tough on immigration. they all did/do the least about it that they can. the dems do it because they see a constituency; the repubs do it because they see a cheap source of labor.

they all suck/sucked on this issue, and obama is no better nor worse than reagan/bush et al.

My understanding is that each deportation costs approximately $4,000. Perhaps you would care to criticize Obama for spending so much money on deportations while praising Bush for his retraint. See how that works!

What part of "They both suck" is difficult for you to understand?

Exactly, which president has been toughest on illegal immigration?
Ronald Reagan?
George HW Bush?
Bill Clinton?
George W Bush?
Barrack Obama?

none of hem have been tough on immigration. they all did/do the least about it that they can. the dems do it because they see a constituency; the repubs do it because they see a cheap source of labor.

they all suck/sucked on this issue, and obama is no better nor worse than reagan/bush et al.

And ladies and gentlemen,,we have a winner! You have just won a trip to Tijuana! Congratulations!

Pass the Schumer/Graham Immigration Bill that will stop illegal work (work ID card with computer chip) and give amnesty to deserving illegals. Recognize reality.
BTW, I don't believe Pubs really want to solve this. They love cheap labor, only pass unconstitutional harassment laws that do nothing to solve the problem, only hurt the rights of hispanics in general. All for the Pub dupes!!.

New Topics

Forum List

Back