Rex Ryan threatens Cowboy fans

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
NEW YORK (WFAN/AP) – Jets coach Rex Ryan doesn’t want to see lots of Cowboys jerseys in the crowd at MetLife Stadium on Sunday.

“I don’t know why they’d be here,” he joked on Wednesday. “They’re coming into our stadium. It’s probably not recommended that you wear Cowboys stuff, I would think.”

The Jets’ outspoken head coach isn’t one to hold his tongue. But with the outbreak of high-profile violence among professional sports fans this year, Ryan may have mistakenly fanned the flames.

Fighting at this year’s 49ers-Raiders preseason game in August was witnessed by the mayors of San Francisco and Oakland along with being captured on video and replayed over and over again on the Internet.

More than 70 fans were ejected from the stadium, 12 people were arrested and dozens of medical calls were made. After the game, two men were wounded in separate parking lot shootings. A third man earlier was beaten unconscious in a bathroom.

The violence in San Francisco is a reminder of an attack at another rivalry game. San Francisco Giants fan Bryan Stow was severely beaten by two men in Los Angeles Dodgers gear outside Dodger Stadium after the archrivals’ season opener. Two men charged in the beating have pleaded not guilty.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/09...boys-garb-to-metlife-stadium-not-recommended/

Last edited:
What a fuckin' idiot! When I played I NEVER wished ill will on the other team. The NFL, if it's worth a shit, should fine that asshole!

What a fuckin' idiot! When I played I NEVER wished ill will on the other team. The NFL, if it's worth a shit, should fine that asshole!

Better yet, they should suspend him for the Cowboy game

Forum List

Back