Revolution in the US?

AmericanHero

Rookie
Sep 14, 2011
Given the current circumstances in the United States, it seems quite reasonable that the American people are upset with the government. With the country in extreme amounts of debt and a struggling market, things aren’t looking good. The world has given us examples of the next generation going out and overthrowing the government to institute a more just and helpful government for its people. What is to say that the young people of the United States couldn’t do the same? The task might not be easy, but neither was the first revolution of this great country. I would like to open it to debate. How do people feel about revolting from the current government and instituting a new one? Can it even be done with a country this size? Would we get invaded? Or would we succeed and be able to wipe away all our debts to the Chinese and finally have a stable growing country again. Its been a long time America, but now is your time.

Given the current circumstances in the United States, it seems quite reasonable that the American people are upset with the government. With the country in extreme amounts of debt and a struggling market, things aren’t looking good. The world has given us examples of the next generation going out and overthrowing the government to institute a more just and helpful government for its people. What is to say that the young people of the United States couldn’t do the same? The task might not be easy, but neither was the first revolution of this great country. I would like to open it to debate. How do people feel about revolting from the current government and instituting a new one? Can it even be done with a country this size? Would we get invaded? Or would we succeed and be able to wipe away all our debts to the Chinese and finally have a stable growing country again. Its been a long time America, but now is your time.

Completely idiotic.

Things are not nearly that bad. You have no idea how bad it has to get before the people riot. It is a case of life and death, NOT poverty as it is defined in this country and not what we are experiencing by a long shot.

Do you have any idea how bad things would get in the transition period? That would make what we are going through a cakewalk.

I'm always amused at those who attempt to chastise others on a message board. The "American Idol" is on reference being my point. As if the poster who said that is actually contributing something by making such a post. The intrinsic value to society is probably far better served via the watching of American Idol than posting on any message board, blog, etc.... Well, the commercial is over. Thanks for reading. Candycorn-out!

I think that unless the American people are all facing in the same direction (and clearly they are not!) that you won't have a revolution, we'd have a civil war.

And it won't be anything like the civil war we had in 1861, it would be more like the civil wars we've seen in Somalia...i.e., a breakdown of all civil authority leading to a state of anarchy.

Now that strikes me as a truly bad outcome.

I think that unless the American people are all facing in the same direction (and clearly they are not!) that you won't have a revolution, we'd have a civil war.

And it won't be anything like the civil war we had in 1861, it would be more like the civil wars we've seen in Somalia...i.e., a breakdown of all civil authority leading to a state of anarchy.

During the first revolution the American people were not all facing the same direction Not all Americans fought for it's independence they fought for the crown.

Oh it's not "debt" that's going to cause a revolt. And that's never been the case in all of history. It's the concentration of wealth and power..and subsequent government oppression that generally causes revolutions. At least the more left-wing populist ones. Examples include the American Revolution, the French Revolution, The Russian Revolution and the Chinese Revolution.

Of course "conservative" revolutions are a bit different. They come when there is a belief that the "elite" have been unjustly marginalized. Then conservative "revolutionaries" generally partner with the military..or an outside country to usurp power. Examples include various wars in Korea, The return of the Shah in Iran, The military overthrow led by Pinochet in Chile and the ouster of Aristide in Haiti.

During the first revolution the American people were not all facing the same direction Not all Americans fought for it's independence they fought for the crown.

True..Liberals wanted to break with England, Conservatives wanted to stay with the crown.

Not hardly.

The "Revolutionaries" in this case are a very small group. Additionally we have the largest military in the world.

It wouldn't be pretty. Marshall law would be imposed, the Constitution suspended and civil liberties would be out the window for the duration. All of which are well within the rights of the government to suppress insurrection.

you dont really pay attention do you? Were already having a revolution, his name is Ron Paul. Its time to bring the mainstream back to center.

you dont really pay attention do you? Were already having a revolution, his name is Ron Paul. Its time to bring the mainstream back to center.

Oh yes Ron Paul has a revolution, he is always spinning.

Last edited:

That is true, of course.

But the LEADERS of the REVOLUTION were the richest men in the nation and they were mostly facing in the same direction.

Additionally, there were plenty of Americans who agreed with them.

My point here is that what they faced, the conditions that existed in their time, is nothing like what we're facing, now.

If you want to start a revolution in this nation, right now, you're going to have to revolt against the folks who have most of the wealth in this nation.

They're going to have the money to crush that revolt.

How do people feel about revolting from the current government and instituting a new one?

And we would replace our Constitutional Republic with what other form of government?

Yo Vern, while you were watching Oprah, our Constitutional government was replaced by a fascist welfare/warfare state.

Fascism implies corporate welfare. So to that extent..you have a point.

Far to much tax money is funnelled into the private sector via the Military/Industrial complex Eisenhower warned against.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back