Revisiting That Dirty Popular Vote Thing Again

How can Hillary have claimed she had no clue how United States Presidents were elected...how can Hillary / Democrats / snowflakes oppose the ELECTORAL COLLEGE and how it 'SCREWED HILLARY' IN 2016 ....

....when they are using almost an identical / extremely similar process - Super Delegates - they used in 2016 to SCREW BERNIE and will use again in 2020 to SCREW BERNIE AGAIN?!

'SUPER DELEGATES' - 'ELECTORAL COLLEGE'

THE DIFFERENCE?

ELECTORAL COLLEGE:
Created by The Founding Fathers to ensure equal representation of all states, to prevent super-populated cities from being able to dictate t the rest of the country how the nation will be governed.

SUPER DELEGATES:
Created by Democratic Party to ensure IT chooses Party nominees, not the actual voters.

The same Democrats whose process allows them to impose their will - dictating who their nominee will be despite what their voters / the people want - are the same ones who claim to oppose the process created by our Founding Fathers that ensures fair, equal representation / voice for all states....

Isn't that interesting?!

:rolleyes:

IF and when we do away with the EC, and all this delegate BS, you can still have 2 Senators from each state, so you don't have to bitch about this:

to ensure equal representation of all states, to prevent super-populated cities from being able to dictate t the rest of the country how the nation will be governed.
In the meantime the Democratic Party is using a process that allows it to completely IGNORE the will of their un-intelligent sheep voters - who Democrats have publicly declared cannot be trusted to vote for the 'right people - and give the nomination to whoever they want......while bitching about the Founding Father's process that guarantees every citizens' voices WILL be heard / represented.....

:p

The SCOTUS can't change the electoral college. That requires changing the constitution and that's not the SCOTUS's job.
I am sick of hearing that Hillary won the "popular vote" when that doesn't even count for anything! What counts is the popular vote AT THE STATE LEVEL, after that, it becomes 50 STATE elections. You don't win a country,

YOU WIN STATES.

You'd think democrats and Hillary would KNOW that considering that she was both First Lady, New York Senator and Secretary of STATE.

So I went back and wanted to look at the data a bit different way.

I'm also sick of hearing how pathetic the red states are. So I wanted to know, just what WAS each candidate really up against in 2016 and what did they really win?

In 2016, Hillary won TWENTY states, Trump won THIRTY. To win a state, you have to go up against all voters in a given state; the more people, the more likely voters so, the harder it is to win. And by winning a state, you also win and carry the voice of that state and the people that go in it. So what exactly did the 2016 candidates win?

I looked up the latest tallies of state population, and in the 20 states that Hillary won, her states total population (THE BLUE STATES) was: 2016 BLUE STATE POPULATION = 140,743,676.

And the thirty states that Trump won? 2016 RED STATE POPULATION = 163,435,276.

Yes. Trump's states have 22,691,600 more people in them. A not so small fact I've never seen mentioned before. What is the significance of this?

Trump won 30 states with nearly 23 million more people in them compared to Hillary's 20 states. Not only does that mean you had to carry sway with more people in more states (and by implication, means Trump represented a far greater diversity of the nation!), it means that there are many millions of people who either didn't vote last time or voted against Trump in states he won before who could decide to come out and vote this time or switch their vote to Trump after the recent fiasco of years of Democrats making false claims and accusations all proven wrong and spending tens of millions of dollars of hard earned taxpayer money on silly Russia investigations and a baseless, desperate, petulant, childish impeachment that was nothing more than an abuse of House power resulting in a near Constitutional crisis.

Democrats have stirred up an angry hornets nest, meantime, with the likes of who they have to represent them this time, Democrats may find many of themselves demoralized bowing to the futility.

The 50 US States Ranked By Population

In case anyone wants to check my math.

Trump has 30 states and a potential of up to TWENTY MILLION additional voters this time around, his supporters are pissed, and that is if he doesn't even win any additional states! ;)

Democrats CAN'T feel good about that.

I didn't take the time of counting votes, but anyway Clinton and Gore both won the majority vote.
And received their participation trophies as a result.

The SCOTUS can't change the electoral college. That requires changing the constitution and that's not the SCOTUS's job.
I am sick of hearing that Hillary won the "popular vote" when that doesn't even count for anything! What counts is the popular vote AT THE STATE LEVEL, after that, it becomes 50 STATE elections. You don't win a country,

YOU WIN STATES.

You'd think democrats and Hillary would KNOW that considering that she was both First Lady, New York Senator and Secretary of STATE.

I'm also sick of hearing how pathetic the red states are. So I wanted to know, just what WAS each candidate really up against in 2016 and what did they really win?

In 2016, Hillary won TWENTY states, Trump won THIRTY. To win a state, you have to go up against all voters in a given state; the more people, the more likely voters so, the harder it is to win. And by winning a state, you also win and carry the voice of that state and the people that go in it. So what exactly did the 2016 candidates win?

I looked up the latest tallies of state population, and in the 20 states that Hillary won, her states total population (THE BLUE STATES) was: 2016 BLUE STATE POPULATION = 140,743,676.

Yes. Trump's states have 22,691,600 more people in them. A not so small fact I've never seen mentioned before. What is the significance of this?

Trump won 30 states with nearly 23 million more people in them compared to Hillary's 20 states. Not only does that mean you had to carry sway with more people in more states (and by implication, means Trump represented a far greater diversity of the nation!), it means that there are many millions of people who either didn't vote last time or voted against Trump in states he won before who could decide to come out and vote this time or switch their vote to Trump after the recent fiasco of years of Democrats making false claims and accusations all proven wrong and spending tens of millions of dollars of hard earned taxpayer money on silly Russia investigations and a baseless, desperate, petulant, childish impeachment that was nothing more than an abuse of House power resulting in a near Constitutional crisis.

Democrats have stirred up an angry hornets nest, meantime, with the likes of who they have to represent them this time, Democrats may find many of themselves demoralized bowing to the futility.

Trump has 30 states and a potential of up to TWENTY MILLION additional voters this time around, his supporters are pissed, and that is if he doesn't even win any additional states! ;)

I didn't take the time of counting votes, but anyway Clinton and Gore both won the majority vote.

Actually, even that isn't really quite true. In Florida, they wrongly called the vote early for Gore despite the fact that the panhandle was in a different time zone and had another hour before their polls closed, and hearing that Gore had already won, people stopped voting early, no doubt costing GW many votes he should have gotten.

Yet Gore won the popular vote. You can dish it up anyway you want, but its written in history that Gore and Clinton won the popular vote.

You can dish it up anyway you want, but its written in history that when naming Presidents it's President Bush and President Trump. :04: No one will care who won the popular vote.

Actually, even that isn't really quite true. In Florida, they wrongly called the vote early for Gore despite the fact that the panhandle was in a different time zone and had another hour before their polls closed, and hearing that Gore had already won, people stopped voting early, no doubt costing GW many votes he should have gotten.

Gore lost the election because he didn't win his home state of Tennessee...and he also didn't win bill clinton's home state of Arkansas...had he won either one, he would have been President, and not had to try to steal the election...

Yet he won the popular vote.
And what did that get him?

Knowing he won the popular vote and how unfair the EC is??

By the way why do we have the EC??

The Electoral College is so that one or two over populated states don't decide our presidential election. The city of New York has more people living in that one city than our six lowest populated states. That's just NYC, not the entire state.

How can Hillary have claimed she had no clue how United States Presidents were elected...how can Hillary / Democrats / snowflakes oppose the ELECTORAL COLLEGE and how it 'SCREWED HILLARY' IN 2016 ....

....when they are using almost an identical / extremely similar process - Super Delegates - they used in 2016 to SCREW BERNIE and will use again in 2020 to SCREW BERNIE AGAIN?!

'SUPER DELEGATES' - 'ELECTORAL COLLEGE'

THE DIFFERENCE?

ELECTORAL COLLEGE:
Created by The Founding Fathers to ensure equal representation of all states, to prevent super-populated cities from being able to dictate t the rest of the country how the nation will be governed.

SUPER DELEGATES:
Created by Democratic Party to ensure IT chooses Party nominees, not the actual voters.

The same Democrats whose process allows them to impose their will - dictating who their nominee will be despite what their voters / the people want - are the same ones who claim to oppose the process created by our Founding Fathers that ensures fair, equal representation / voice for all states....

Isn't that interesting?!

:rolleyes:

IF and when we do away with the EC, and all this delegate BS, you can still have 2 Senators from each state, so you don't have to bitch about this:

to ensure equal representation of all states, to prevent super-populated cities from being able to dictate t the rest of the country how the nation will be governed.

When we do away with it? How do you propose you're going to do that?

Gore lost the election because he didn't win his home state of Tennessee...and he also didn't win bill clinton's home state of Arkansas...had he won either one, he would have been President, and not had to try to steal the election...

Yet he won the popular vote.
And what did that get him?

Knowing he won the popular vote and how unfair the EC is??

By the way why do we have the EC??
unfair my ass. it's been our system for 250 years. you only bitch cause your side lost. if the D's won via this method it would be as american as apple pie and you'd attack anyone wanting to change it.

just stop the bullshit.

you have zero idea why we have the EC it would seem but you want it gone. short sighted assholes fuck up shit for everyone.

YOU WIN STATES.

Yet Gore won the popular vote. You can dish it up anyway you want, but its written in history that Gore and Clinton won the popular vote.
You can dish it up any way you want, they still lost the election.
Only a Democrat can sit there telling you all the ways they won something they actually LOST and still think somehow they are ahead.

We can't have the EC and democracy

Congress can.
No they cant.
This is a perfect example of how america has fallen so far.
Our voting block is full of morons.

Yes they can, it would take a 2/3 vote.
Not with the republicans in charge , they go by the maj vote. And they have the VP in case of a tie.

Why is everything in congress done by maj vote, except the appropriation bills.
The United States is not a democracy.

YOU WIN STATES.

Relax...Liberals will start teaching that George Washington was gay.
They already teach that Abraham Lincoln was gay.

Trump squeaked out an electoral win.

Winning ten more states and 306 EC votes to Hillary's 240 is a bit more than a "squeak."

More like a THUMP.
Relax dude. A paltry 80,000 votes spread across three states accounted for that electoral “ thumping “

so what was the point of this thread anyway?
Standard Trumper whining and braggadocio?

Winning ten more states and 306 EC votes to Hillary's 240 is a bit more than a "squeak."

More like a THUMP.
Relax dude. A paltry 80,000 votes spread across three states accounted for that electoral “ thumping “

So you are stating that the votes of individuals are meaningless?

Out of that 304,78,952 people, according to your tally, how many of them VOTED in your State groupings????

So to answer your question above, "What is the significance of this?" Not a damn thing with those meaningless stats you tried to push out and sell as relevant, bunkkie!

The reconstituted ability in "Dixie" to enable the resumption of gerrymandering done since 2013 helped along greatly with SCOTUS tossing out a chunk of Sec.5 of the Civil Rights Act of 1965 regarding the nine Southern States required to pre-clear any proposed redistricting along with some States up North getting in on the redistricting fun!

Now for some REAL & MEANINGFUL numbers for the 2016 Presidential race that are relevant for analysis:

Votes cast for President - 137,125,484 votes cast for President in 2016 Nationwide:
Votes cast for Trump - 62,985,134
Votes cast for Clinton - 65,853,652
Votes cast for Others - 8,286,698
Votes NOT cast for Trump - 74,140,350
Votes NOT cast for Clinton - 71,271832

Unlawful gerrymandering to put the thumb on the Electoral College Delegate Scale helped determin the winner of the 2016 Presidential election among a few other things, which are off topic for this thread.

So there you go, "engineer" boi, you can't even do simple arithmetic coupled with rational reasoning to solve squat!

More like a THUMP.

do we need Slade3200 to come back in here and show you whine standard whining looks like?

Forum List

Back