Zone1 Reverence for Juneteenth

$ecular#eckler

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2020
Transient
I distinctly remember President and Mrs. Obama championing Juneteenth one year, and I thought that that was good. I sincerely believed that it could be something that Black people could build to accommodate their sense of a non-white holiday that they can use to show how cool Black people are.

Because of my anticipation, I noticed the next year that the Obama's did not do anything, and neither did their Black constituency.

In 2019, I went to Galveston, the origin of Juneteenth - nothing. It was not until the juxtaposition George Floyd's sobriety campaign that Juneteenth began to be somewhat noticeable, but still, no fireworks. Nothing, but stupid speeches that Black people do not really care about.

And, now, as can be expected from Black people - they resent white people promoting what they cannot do themselves. Before, they most likely blamed white people for not promoting their nonexistent celebration.

Imagine if a company had a Cinco De Mayo picnic and did not have tacos and enchiladas???

Think about it. What foods might Black people like to claim as representative of their beautiful culture???

Black people suck :confused:

You're like children who don't know what they want.

Last edited:
I distinctly remember President and Mrs. Obama championing Juneteenth one year, and I thought that that was good. I sincerely believed that it could be something that Black people could build to accommodate their sense of a non-white holiday that they can use to show how cool Black people are.

Because of my anticipation, I noticed the next year that the Obama's did not do anything, and neither did their Black constituency.

In 2019, I went to Galveston, the origin of Juneteenth - nothing. It was not until the juxtaposition George Floyd's sobriety campaign that Juneteenth began to be somewhat noticeable, but still, no fireworks. Nothing, but stupid speeches that Black people do not really care about.

And, now, as can be expected from Black people - they resent white people promoting what they cannot do themselves. Before, they most likely blamed white people for not promoting their nonexistent celebration.

Imagine if a company had a Cinco De Mayo picnic and did not have tacos and enchiladas???

Think about it. What foods might Black people like to claim as representative of their beautiful culture???

If they chose to celebrate Juneteenth, it is their business. Not everyone knows what they want in life, how does that make people suck?

If they chose to celebrate Juneteenth, it is their business.
I am not sure what your point is here. I explained that President Obama gave Juneteenth a presidential accommodation (really good publicity), and Black people seemed to be disinterested until the second annual George Floyd mostly peaceful protests lead to the demand for federal holiday designation.

Are you suggesting that Juneteenth is a traditional celebration that is supposed to be ignored by non-blacks???

Not everyone knows what they want in life, how does that make people suck?
I did not imply anything like that. Where do you get that???

I implied that Black people are not fulfilling their part of the celebration of Juneteenth, which is a federal holiday, now. Retailers attempted to offer the celebration merchandize that they do for "white people's holidays," but Black people seem to be offended. And white people are going to want to know why that is - why are black people offended by Juneteenth merchandise??? Did Black people offer Juneteenth merchandise to help campaign the celebration?

Your comments make me very curious. If you parse the essay, then I might understand your perspective better, and then I will be able to provide a better response.

Last edited:
Juneteenth is on FATHER's DAY!! well...isn't that just interesting.

1655679690188.png

I am not sure what your point is here. I explained that President Obama gave Juneteenth a presidential accommodation (really good publicity), and Black people seemed to be disinterested until the second annual George Floyd mostly peaceful protests lead to the demand for federal holiday designation.

Are you suggesting that Juneteenth is a traditional celebration that is supposed to be ignored by non-blacks???

I did not imply anything like that. Where do you get that???

I implied that Black people are not fulfilling their part of the celebration of Juneteenth, which is a federal holiday, now. Retailers attempted to offer the celebration merchandize that they do for "white people's holidays," but Black people seem to be offended. And white people are going to want to know why that is - why are black people offended by Juneteenth merchandise??? Did Black people offer Juneteenth merchandise to help campaign the celebration?

Your comments make me very curious. If you parse the essay, then I might understand your perspective better, and then I will be able to provide a better response.
You said black people suck. My other remarks are just my opinion that they can celebrate whatever they want to, what’s the harm?

You said black people suck. My other remarks are just my opinion that they can celebrate whatever they want to, what’s the harm?
The harm is that Black people are not holding up their end of the bargain for the worthiness of the federal holiday designation for Juneteenth. That is why Black people suck. They want public celebration of Black achievements, and then they relax their responsibility to maintain and progress the celebration. And white people recognize this and quickly lose respect for black people.

You cannot expect other people to maintain all of the other people's cultures.

White people do not need black people to maintain their culture. And you can bet that the Hispanics and Asians do not expect Black or white people to maintain their cultures.

Last edited:

Feed them okra

Thats a genuine african vegetable

The harm is that Black people are not holding up their end of the bargain for the worthiness of the federal holiday designation for Juneteenth. That is why Black people suck. They want public celebration of Black achievements, and then they relax their responsibility to maintain and progress the celebration. And white people recognize this and quickly lose respect for black people.

White people do not need black people to maintain their culture. And you can bet that the Hispanics and Asians do not expect Black or white people to maintain their cultures.
1) African-American people have been celebrating Juneteenth for many years. Joe Biden is the one who decided to make it a national holiday.
2) I, along with many other African-Americans, would have preferred to receive REPARATIONS. I wish he had asked us first which one we preferred.

This is one of the dumbest posts ever. Whites aren't maintaining all of anything.

This is one of the dumbest posts ever. Whites aren't maintaining all of anything.
White people are maintaining the cultural celebrations of the white achievements that you abhor. You cannot expect white people to maintain the cultures of all of the other racial cultures.

1) African-American people have been celebrating Juneteenth for many years. Joe Biden is the one who decided to make it a national holiday.
2) I, along with many other African-Americans, would have preferred to receive REPARATIONS. I wish he had asked us first which one we preferred.

1) Well of course you’d rather get money, but you’re not entitled to it.

2) And besides, it’s not blacks who will decide whether or not they get reparations, it will be primarily whites, via their elected representatives. And the majority of whites are opposed. Even one-third of blacks are opposed, knowing that it is unfair.

3) The country is $30T in debt, people are crushed under inflation and watching their retirement funds evaporate, and there would be blood in the streets if the government decided to redistribute money from whites to blacks, based solely on skin color.

2) And besides, it’s not blacks who will decide whether or not they get reparations, it will be primarily whites, via their elected representatives. And the majority of whites are opposed. Even one-third of blacks are opposed, knowing that it is unfair.

3) The country is $30T in debt, people are crushed under inflation and watching their retirement funds evaporate, and there would be blood in the streets if the government decided to redistribute money from whites to blacks, based solely on skin color.
1) It's not a matter of entitlement. It's a matter of being repaired for the wrongs suffered by my ancestors. The biggest wrong was being forced to work for 200 years without pay.
2) I realize most Whites are opposed to reparations for the descendants of slavery. I hope they also realize no true healing is going to take place without reparations. African-Americans know their ancestors were horribly mistreated. They also know we still live with some after effects of slavery until this day.
3) I don't want to hear how much debt the USA has. We left billions of dollars of military equipment in Afghanistan. We have been giving billions of dollars to Ukraine since the Russian invasion of their country.
If we have money for these things, then we have the money for reparations.

As for blood running in the streets if African-Americans get reparations, our blood has been running in the streets for 400 years.
What else ya got?

1) It's not a matter of entitlement. It's a matter of being repaired for the wrongs suffered by my ancestors. The biggest wrong was being forced to work for 200 years without pay.

Reparations, such as those given Japanese-Americans and Holocaust survivors, go only to those directly harmed. Not their descendants. Not even those one generation removed.
2) I realize most Whites are opposed to reparations for the descendants of slavery. I hope they also realize no true healing is going to take place without reparations. African-Americans know their ancestors were horribly mistreated. They also know we still live with some after effects of slavery until this day.

Who says no true healing will take place without reparations? The people demanding reparations? And as far as some after-effects of slavery, you’ve had 40 years of bias toward blacks in college admissions. That is two full generations of favoritism. All debts are paid.
3) I don't want to hear how much debt the USA has. We left billions of dollars of military equipment in Afghanistan. We have been giving billions of dollars to Ukraine since the Russian invasion of their country.
If we have money for these things, then we have the money for reparations.
Leaving the military equipment was the demented Biden’s fault. And as far as giving billions to Ukraine, I have mixed feelings on that - but not because we could use that money to pay black descendants. It’s because we could use that money to pay down the debt (or at least not add to it).

Forum List

Back