Reuters: Trump Camp Suing NYTimes for False Russia Allegations

From the OP link:

In a statement, a New York Times spokesperson said: “The Trump Campaign has turned to the courts to try to punish an opinion writer for having an opinion they find unacceptable. Fortunately, the law protects the right of Americans to express their judgments and conclusions, especially about events of public importance. We look forward to vindicating that right in this case.”

From the OP link:

Except when an 'opinion' is portrayed as fact.

You forget that part.

Although, I understand where you're coming from ... HuffPo which you quote often is full of opinion...yet you portray it as fact.

See how that works?

Yes, finally the president tries to sue away the first amendment. That thing was really getting in the way Trump's alternative facts.

From the OP link:

You forget that part.

Although, I understand where you're coming from ... HuffPo which you quote often is full of opinion...yet you portray it as fact.

See how that works?

The lawsuit is based upon an article published in the NYT. The following excerpt is from The Hill:

The March 2019 opinion piece in question was written by Max Frankel, who was the Times's executive editor from 1986 to 1994. It argues that there was an understood agreement between Russia and the campaign to assist Trump in getting elected.

"There was no need for detailed electoral collusion between the Trump campaign and Vladimir Putin’s oligarchy because they had an overarching deal: the quid of help in the campaign against Hillary Clinton for the quo of a new pro-Russian foreign policy, starting with relief from the Obama administration’s burdensome economic sanctions," Frankel wrote. "The Trumpites knew about the quid and held out the prospect of the quo."

Trump campaign sues New York Times for libel over 2019 op-ed

Some posters may interpret the above article to be mere opinion which is not actionable, but I interpret it to be a statement of fact which may be the basis for a defamation suit.

From the OP link:

You forget that part.

See how that works?

The lawsuit is based upon an article published in the NYT. The following excerpt is from The Hill:

The March 2019 opinion piece in question was written by Max Frankel, who was the Times's executive editor from 1986 to 1994. It argues that there was an understood agreement between Russia and the campaign to assist Trump in getting elected.

"There was no need for detailed electoral collusion between the Trump campaign and Vladimir Putin’s oligarchy because they had an overarching deal: the quid of help in the campaign against Hillary Clinton for the quo of a new pro-Russian foreign policy, starting with relief from the Obama administration’s burdensome economic sanctions," Frankel wrote. "The Trumpites knew about the quid and held out the prospect of the quo."

Trump campaign sues New York Times for libel over 2019 op-ed

Some posters may interpret the above article to be mere opinion which is not actionable, but I interpret it to be a statement of fact which may be the basis for a defamation suit.

Opinion piece!

Thank you - you made my point. :)

Finally! Trump campaign says it is suing New York Times over Russia opinion piece

And the grapevine says they're going after other liars in the Media libeling President Trump just like the Democrat House did with the false Impeachment.

America is sick of 'em lying. It's calumny deeper than Macbethean witches' pots.
again the loser

next up, the georgia 11,780 votes.

howbout that Charlie Sheen voice "winning"

Forum List

Back