Retirees must love Biden

Liar.
None of the money the military costs us come from the military.
It comes from us the taxpayers, and it is the military that causes us to have to pay for things like VA and GIBill.
We should also include all the money we were forced to spend on repairing all the damage the military illegally does, like rebuilding Iraq.
Congress created Veterans benefits, not the military.

Congress decided to rebuilt Iraq and more importantly Germany, which we're still paying for, not the Miiltary.

None of that comes from the Military Budget because it is not military spending.

You said you were "buying houses" implying owner occupied.
So then why would you read additional tax schedules intended for landlords?
If your homes were owner occupied, then you do not get to write off depreciation, repairs, maintenance, remodels, etc.
Why do feel the need to not educate yourself and think everyone is as absent from knowledge as you are?

I've built and bought/sold many homes, none of which were ever bid on by "land Lords".

You continue just making shit up and we can all see it.

So you have never been a landlord, and know nothing at all about the appropriate tax write offs landlords routinely file.
And you have telepathy so can magically spot a "land lord"?
I am a land lord and have had over 10 properties, so have hired the best tax accountants.
I know the tax codes are totally unfair.
Any even remotely hinting otherwise is either an idiot or a liar.

So you have never been a landlord, and know nothing at all about the appropriate tax write offs landlords routinely file.
And you have telepathy so can magically spot a "land lord"?
I am a land lord and have had over 10 properties, so have hired the best tax accountants.
I know the tax codes are totally unfair.
Any even remotely hinting otherwise is either an idiot or a liar.
You idiot, my ex's family owned 400 rental units in a military town so I was deeply involved in it for years.

Congress created Veterans benefits, not the military.

Congress decided to rebuilt Iraq and more importantly Germany, which we're still paying for, not the Miiltary.

None of that comes from the Military Budget because it is not military spending.

Congress uses our tax money to pay veterans benefits, and generates the cost of veterans benefits by declaring illegal wars.
It is military spending because it would not have to have been paid for by us if the military was reigned in.

Congress uses our tax money to pay veterans benefits, and generates the cost of veterans benefits by declaring illegal wars.
It is military spending because it would not have to have been paid for by us if the military was reigned in.
You ignorant shit, we haven't declared war on anyone since Dec 7th, 1941 .

Why do feel the need to not educate yourself and think everyone is as absent from knowledge as you are?

It simply is a fact that all who are not landlords are being cheated by tax codes that illegally benefit landlords.
There are countries where almost everyone owns their own home.
In the US, less than half the people can afford to live in their own home.
And yet they all pay rent, which is more than the landlord pays in the mortgage.
And you don't find that at all at least slightly wrong, unethical, or corrupt?

It simply is a fact that all who are not landlords are being cheated by tax codes that illegally benefit landlords.
And yet they all pay rent, which is more than the landlord pays in the mortgage.
More baseless BS.

You are out of your damned mind.

The home-ownership rate in the United States[1][2] is the percentage of homes that are owned by their occupants.[3] In 2009, it remained similar to that in some other post-industrial nations[4] with 67.4% of all occupied housing units being occupied by the unit's owner. Home ownership rates vary depending on demographic characteristics of households such as ethnicity, race, type of household as well as location and type of settlement. In 2018, home-ownership dropped to a lower rate than it was in 1994, with a rate of 64.2%.[5]

1653109412612.png

That leaves less than 35% as renters and man of them simply don't want the responsibility of owning a home.

The need to lie so reflexively and constantly is worthy of psychiatric examination.

You ignorant shit, we haven't declared war on anyone since Dec 7th, 1941 .

And we forced the Japanese into that as well, by illegally cutting off their supply of steel, oil, coal, food, etc.
The US has never really been attacked since 1812, and has been at war at least on a regular 10 year schedule or so.
Like the Native wars and Manifaest Destiny, Mexican Wars, Spanish American war (where we lied about the USS Maine), he Philippine Rebellion, Cuba, Puerto Rico, WWI, WWII, Panama, Grenada, Haiti, Dominican Republic, Nicaragua, Iran (1953), Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, etc.
We decided we don't have to declare war any more, just attack anyone we want.

Several of my tenants can afford to buy their own home, it's just they don't want to.

Home ownership comes with responsibilities, something our government has been stripping away from Americans for a long time now. People who rent don't want to deal with a broken toilet, a clogged drain, replacing a hot water tank, doing yard work or clearing the drive from snow. They just want to put their briefcase into the closet at the end of the day, put their legs up, and relax in front of the big screen; let those other menial chores be the responsibility of somebody else. They don't want to haggle with prices, they don't want to get estimates, they just want to call one phone number (the landlord) and all their problems are solved.

My nephew went to college. Graduated with a Masters and was already working a job he stayed with after graduation. He's a brilliant guy, but I doubt if he even owns a screw driver. He couldn't adjust a toilet handle chain if his life counted on it or snake a kitchen drain. He is renting a townhouse for $1750.00 a month, easily a mortgage payment. But in spite of his education and income, he doesn't have the ability to fix things around his house. The rent he pays takes care of all his problems.

I SAID that both get the deduction for mortgage interest.
If you had actually read what I wrote, you would have known that.

But what I said is that the mortgage interest deduction is hardly any use to a low income average person, and it does not even pay for them to itemize. That is because their tax liability is not even large enough to take much advantage of it.

And THEN what I pointed out is that a regular home owner is not allowed to write off repairs, improvements, maintenance, OR the big one, depreciation.

Because the write-offs are for units which we rent out for income. All income has write-offs. Even if you hit the lottery tonight, you can write-off your losing lottery tickets if you kept them for the year.

However after write-offs, you still pay income taxes for the money you made as profit. And......if there are major write-offs, you have to deduct them in a 30 year period which isn't shit because it offsets your decreasing mortgage interest rates within that same amount of time.

The important thing when you want to look at federal spending, is if the pie chart has Social Security or interest on the national debt, then it is a fake pie chart, and you keep looking.
That is because SS is self funding, and interest on the debt if mandatory, not discretionary, so you not be listed.

Budget_pie_chart_meme.jpg

While that does not look like 65%. the reality is that a lot of social services is actually military spending for the VA, a lot of education spending is actually for ROTC and GIBill, etc.
The same unsourced chart.

I have been a landlord for over 50 years.
But haven't you notice how unfair it is?
All I have to do is come up with the credit rating, and then the tenants buy the house for me.
I might have to throw in a little extra for the first couple of years, but soon rent go up enough so I don't have to pay a cent, and they eventually are not only paying the monthly mortgage, but giving me extra.

It has zero to do with any credit rating. You write-off expenses because they don't benefit you directly. If you take a job driving for Uber, you get to write-off all your gasoline expenses, insurance, mileage and depreciation of your vehicle; nothing an ordinary person can do by law. You are using your personal vehicle to produce income.

It's the exact same with rental property. You are using your home for income even if you don't live there yourself. It's no different than any other business.

And we forced the Japanese into that as well, by illegally cutting off their supply of steel, oil, coal, food, etc.
The US has never really been attacked since 1812, and has been at war at least on a regular 10 year schedule or so.
Like the Native wars and Manifaest Destiny, Mexican Wars, Spanish American war (where we lied about the USS Maine), he Philippine Rebellion, Cuba, Puerto Rico, WWI, WWII, Panama, Grenada, Haiti, Dominican Republic, Nicaragua, Iran (1953), Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, etc.
We decided we don't have to declare war any more, just attack anyone we want.

I believe it was Will Rodgers that said it best: Buy land. God ain't making anymore of it.

As we use our land for alternative energy and places to house the millions of new illegals in this country, it creates your typical supply and demand situation. Much of the cost of housing is in land price increases.
In my part of the country it has more to do with a shortage of housing, either to rent or buy. The majority of new house builds for selling are in the up-scale type, the sort where costs are about half a million and needed income is well into the six figures. Basically the middle income and lower are now squeezed out as they can't qualify for enough loan to purchase what is out of their range.

This is partly due to the assorted regulations which make any housing construction prohibitive with regulatory costs to point that only the large and expensive new construction can turn enough profit to be worth building and selling. When the regulaton and permit costs are near the same for a 1000 foot starter home as for a 4000 foot Mac-mansion, the larger gets built since there is next to no profit to be made with the smaller.

In my part of the country it has more to do with a shortage of housing, either to rent or buy. The majority of new house builds for selling are in the up-scale type, the sort where costs are about half a million and needed income is well into the six figures. Basically the middle income and lower are now squeezed out as they can't qualify for enough loan to purchase what is out of their range.

This is partly due to the assorted regulations which make any housing construction prohibitive with regulatory costs to point that only the large and expensive new construction can turn enough profit to be worth building and selling. When the regulaton and permit costs are near the same for a 1000 foot starter home as for a 4000 foot Mac-mansion, the larger gets built since there is next to no profit to be made with the smaller.

Understood. I'm a retired truck driver but on my fathers side many are in the construction trades. In fact my father and his brothers built the house I grew up in. My father said because of government, he would probably not be able to build a house today as he did back in the 60s.

You are on the other side of the country but the same holds here as well. There is a shortage of rental properties. People are buying houses and renting them out okay, but places like mine (multi-family units) are nearly impossible to find, and landlords who own them are taking advantage of the situation. Apartment buildings are like hotels and don't have that homey feeling to them.

So the homes being built today are designed for shirt and tie people. A guy making 60K a year with a wife doing the same can easily afford a half-mil home with a large enough down payment. As for those who earn less, they are dying to find rentals like I have which is good for me. The last time I had to advertise was over 6 years ago. It was in February when nobody is thinking of moving. After I placed the ad, I had over a dozen replies the next day, some stating they will pay me more than I was asking, taking the unit sight unseen, offering double security deposit. It was nuts.

Forum List

Back