Retired Army Colonel Lawrence Wilkerson: 'My Party Is Full Of Racists'

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By Jillian Rayfield

Col. Lawrence Wilkerson, Colin Powell’s chief of staff during his time as secretary of state, decried John Sununu’s comment that Powell only endorsed Barack Obama because they are both black. “To say that Colin Powell would endorse President Obama because of his skin color is like saying Mother Teresa worked for profit,” Wilkerson told Ed Schultz.

Wilkerson said on The Ed Show that though he respects Sununu, a top Romney adviser and surrogate, “I don’t have any respect for the integrity of the position that he seemed to codify. Look at me, Ed, I’m white. I’m not black. Colin Powell picked me because of the content of my character and my competence.”

He added that he thinks Sununu’s remark was an “unfortunate slip of words,” but that it speaks to larger problem in the Republican party.

“My party, unfortunately, is the bastion of those people, not all of them, but most of them, who are still basing their decision on race,” Wilkerson said. “Let me just be candid: My party is full of racists. And the real reason a considerable portion of my party wants President Obama out of the White House has nothing to do with the content of his character, nothing to do with his competence as commander-in-chief and president, and everything to do with the color of his skin. And that’s despicable.”​

More (w/video): Colin Powell’s former chief of staff: ‘My party is full of racists’

By Jillian Rayfield

Col. Lawrence Wilkerson, Colin Powell’s chief of staff during his time as secretary of state, decried John Sununu’s comment that Powell only endorsed Barack Obama because they are both black. “To say that Colin Powell would endorse President Obama because of his skin color is like saying Mother Teresa worked for profit,” Wilkerson told Ed Schultz.

Wilkerson said on The Ed Show that though he respects Sununu, a top Romney adviser and surrogate, “I don’t have any respect for the integrity of the position that he seemed to codify. Look at me, Ed, I’m white. I’m not black. Colin Powell picked me because of the content of my character and my competence.”

He added that he thinks Sununu’s remark was an “unfortunate slip of words,” but that it speaks to larger problem in the Republican party.

“My party, unfortunately, is the bastion of those people, not all of them, but most of them, who are still basing their decision on race,” Wilkerson said. “Let me just be candid: My party is full of racists. And the real reason a considerable portion of my party wants President Obama out of the White House has nothing to do with the content of his character, nothing to do with his competence as commander-in-chief and president, and everything to do with the color of his skin. And that’s despicable.”​

More (w/video): Colin Powell’s former chief of staff: ‘My party is full of racists’

Oh why aren't you still in mourning? Not even 72 hours yet?

By Jillian Rayfield

Then leave the party of the racists if he believes that. Go. Leave.

By Jillian Rayfield

Pssst aren't you to be in mourning? At least for 72 hours?

By Jillian Rayfield

He can go pound sand along side you and his former boss.

By Jillian Rayfield

He can go pound sand along side you and his former boss.

It is amazing to me that Colin Powell can just run with black. After all these years that's I guess what it comes down to.

Unreal.

By Jillian Rayfield

I wonder if Ed would divulge Colonel Wilkerson's payscale for his appearence in that segment. Generalizations seem to be the fuel of the political landscape these days. Tens of millions of voters will take to the polls. Tens of millions of self conatained universes will decide this election. I also wonder if Colonel Wilkerson spoke from personal observation or simply read from Ed's script. Need I remind just how sharp a double edged sword is the racism card? I think these generalized accusations, these broad sweeping incriminations of either side hone it further still.

interesting topic on race, especially when you consider that powell has adopted a party that is essentially is destroying the family structure of his race.

By Jillian Rayfield

Um, which of his claimed party's is he speaking about? Not to mention he endorses Democrats over republicans.

WILKERSON: I think it's fair to say that--I voted for Ronald Reagan both times. I think it's fair to say that I shared his vision from the perspective of what I've just described about the old Republican Party--rugged individualism, achieving on your own hard work and your own merits and your own skill. It wasn't that I was a social--as Colin Powell once said, I guess I'm a Republican for national security policy, foreign policy, and I'm a Democrat for social policy.

http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=74&jumival=6873

He endorsed Jim Webb against incumbent George Allen in the 2006 U.S. Senate election in Virginia.[14]

Lawrence Wilkerson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Russell Means died Lakhota. well the person that calls them selves/persons Lakhota. It's sort of a big deal.

Forum List

Back