Restaurants you remember from Childhood

dmp: find a way to come to Antioch and I'll take you to IHOP to meet the most cracked out waitress EVER.

We have IHOP - but it was different when I was a kid...was the Whole-Name...and a bit nicer :)

:D

But i'd take you up on it, if I were in town.

We have IHOP - but it was different when I was a kid...was the Whole-Name...and a bit nicer :)

:D

But i'd take you up on it, if I were in town.
Just let it be known you'll get 9 straws, 2 refills brought along with your regular drink, and you'll be made to guess the waitress's last name for ghits and shiggles. Oh, and she'll tell you about her lifestory before giving you the check. But that's just the frosting on the cake.

Just let it be known you'll get 9 straws, 2 refills brought along with your regular drink, and you'll be made to guess the waitress's last name for ghits and shiggles. Oh, and she'll tell you about her lifestory before giving you the check. But that's just the frosting on the cake.

K, is that good or bad? :D

sizzler
the nut tree on they way back from tahoe
the ground cow on the way to tahoe
smoke tree ranch in palm springs
coco palms in hawaii

The Marco Polo: an Italian restaurant owned by a Jew
in the Yokohama, Japan Chinatown ca. 1960.

It catered about half the US expat parties. Best pizza
and pasta in world history. Dominos and Oliva Garden
serve dog food in comparison.

I was abused, we didn't do 'chains' other than McD's a couple times a year:

Moon Temple
Orgo's
Eli's
Diamond Jim Brady's
The Lobster House

We used to have a couple of drive-in's here. One was on the west side of town called Hiltenburger's. Food was good even to me as a kid. And on this end of town was a Carter's; could eat inside, too. Man, I miss those places.

We used to have a couple of drive-in's here. One was on the west side of town called Hiltenburger's. Food was good even to me as a kid. And on this end of town was a Carter's; could eat inside, too. Man, I miss those places.

There weren't any restaurants when I was a kid. That's what Dad told us 4 kids anyway.

Sambo's
The International House of Pancakes
Shakey's Pizza

SHAKEY'S PIZZA!!!!

That was the only one I was going to say. The place had a huge fire place, and two guys would come in and play a piano and a banjo. You could watch them make your pizza through a great big window too. Best pizza I've ever had. OH... and the one we used to go to was on the east side of Madison, Wisconsin.

New Topics

Forum List

Back