Restaurants closed due to coronavirus face huge restart costs

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
For those of you who continue to think we need an indefinite shut down for this virus and that the economy will somehow just automatically come roaring back, a lot of small businesses out there will never reopen. A lot of people will be staring down unemployment for a long time to come. The cure continues to be worse than the disease.

"Each restaurant to reopen from a standstill of 30 or 60 or 90 days is going to take tens and tens of thousands of dollars or more, well over $100,000 to open, and we're going to require a significant amount of capital to get back up and running at some point," Cameron Mitchell Restaurants founder and CEO Cameron Mitchell told FOX Business' Cheryl Casone on Monday.

For those of you who coWhyntinue to think we need an indefinite shut down for this virus and that the economy will somehow just automatically come roaring back, a lot of small businesses out there will never reopen. A lot of people will be staring down unemployment for a long time to come. The cure continues to be worse than the disease.

"Each restaurant to reopen from a standstill of 30 or 60 or 90 days is going to take tens and tens of thousands of dollars or more, well over $100,000 to open, and we're going to require a significant amount of capital to get back up and running at some point," Cameron Mitchell Restaurants founder and CEO Cameron Mitchell told FOX Business' Cheryl Casone on Monday.

Why so much? They have freezers for the meat/fish? Or is everything they serve fresh? I've never heard of them, so I don't know.

Many restaurants didn't close. Some of course kept delivery and take out going. Some are selling off inventory. Some near me are selling bread, lunchmeat, chicken, beef, hamburger and vegetables. Anything they use in the restaurant. Including paper towels, disinfectant, toilet paper. Anything. They keep their stock fresh and are ready to open.

The state hurriedly passed a law that prohibits such sales without a grocery permit.

These restaurants are still doing business.

For those of you who continue to think we need an indefinite shut down for this virus and that the economy will somehow just automatically come roaring back, a lot of small businesses out there will never reopen. A lot of people will be staring down unemployment for a long time to come. The cure continues to be worse than the disease.

Just replacing all the spoiled food will be very expensive.

For those of you who coWhyntinue to think we need an indefinite shut down for this virus and that the economy will somehow just automatically come roaring back, a lot of small businesses out there will never reopen. A lot of people will be staring down unemployment for a long time to come. The cure continues to be worse than the disease.

Why so much? They have freezers for the meat/fish? Or is everything they serve fresh? I've never heard of them, so I don't know.
NO. Paying a grand a month or often much more more for commercial rate electric and gas to keep the shit running isn't worth it; on an indefinite timeline.
Ditch everything for chump change and do a complete restock....WHENEVER $$$.. with no idea about volume of clientele.--- $ or ?
Bankrupt folks wont be going out for a LONG time after (if there is an after) and world tourism will be nil other than 4 seasons -Hilton and shit like that.

NO. Paying a grand a month or often much more more for commercial rate electric and gas to keep the shit running isn't worth it; on an indefinite timeline.
Ditch everything for chump change and do a complete restock....WHENEVER $$$.. with no idea about volume of clientele.--- $ or ?
Bankrupt folks wont be going out for a LONG time after (if there is an after) and world tourism will be nil other than 4 seasons -Hilton and shit like that.
I hadn't thought about the coming recession/depression. Yes, eating out is a "splurge," especially for a family. I spend a $10 in the morning for breakfast and feel kinda guilty. So you've got a point there.

Many restaurants didn't close. Some of course kept delivery and take out going. Some are selling off inventory. Some near me are selling bread, lunchmeat, chicken, beef, hamburger and vegetables. Anything they use in the restaurant. Including paper towels, disinfectant, toilet paper. Anything. They keep their stock fresh and are ready to open.

The state hurriedly passed a law that prohibits such sales without a grocery permit.

Which State was that?

I hadn't thought about the coming recession/depression. Yes, eating out is a "splurge," especially for a family. I spend a $10 in the morning for breakfast and feel kinda guilty. So you've got a point there.

You feel guilty for supporting local business?

Damn.. I worried about my job now lol .. I just hope a miracle happens and they find a cure for this thing or I’ll be starting a go fund me page ha

Restaurants are going to have to buy a shit load of food to reopen and not knowing if people will
Come out is scary

No professor. She feels guilty for dropping $ 50-60 US Pesos on food when many wish they had that many pesos for 3 squares a day for a few days.,,,,,or a week on beans and rice and a lil chicken

You feel guilty for supporting local business?
Not at all. I just don't have a lot of money.

Damn.. I worried about my job now lol .. I just hope a miracle happens and they find a cure for this thing or I’ll be starting a go fund me page ha

If your employer took the necessary means to protect his/her business you won't have a problem. If you're working for an idiot, good luck.

Which State was that?
California.

Forum List

Back