Responsible Journalism? Thanks Fox News!

kwc57

BOHICA Obama
Jul 13, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
While it might change over time, a current search of the web shows that Fox News is the only media outlet with this news story.

FOXNews.com - Scent-Killing Machine Could Be Sweet Choice for Terrorists

"Would-be homicide bombers looking to skirt the keen noses of bomb-sniffing dogs can find everything they need at their local hunting store.

There, for about $300, they can buy a compact ozone machine that hunters use to mask human smells. It's a fairly low-tech device that will enable them to walk undetected past the K-9 units stationed to sniff out explosives at airports, train stations and bus depots."

Should Fox News really be helping terrorists with "news" like this?

Yea, cuz terrorists are really stupid and they wouldn't know about this at all.

Actually, many of them....just like any other criminal....are pretty damn stupid. We don't need to help them now do we?

The guys who strap on the vests, yea, they are dumb as dirt. But they are not the ones who plan an organize it. Those guys are smart.

We have the MSM telling the world how we torture terrorists.... that makes the situation for our troops an awful lot more dangerous. They tell the world about what we will and will not do. That gives our enemies information that it would be better they did not have. And you're worried about a some smell retardant that is common knowledge. Or do you just want to whine about Fox?

Actually, many of them....just like any other criminal....are pretty damn stupid. We don't need to help them now do we?

The guys who strap on the vests, yea, they are dumb as dirt. But they are not the ones who plan an organize it. Those guys are smart.

We have the MSM telling the world how we torture terrorists.... that makes the situation for our troops an awful lot more dangerous. They tell the world about what we will and will not do. That gives our enemies information that it would be better they did not have. And you're worried about a some smell retardant that is common knowledge. Or do you just want to whine about Fox?

Being conservative, I complain about any media outlet that decides to inform our enemy of any tactical advantage they might not know about. Telling them how to skirt bomb sniffing dogs is far more dangerous than telling them what kind of torture to expect once they are caught. Do you honestly think this kind of information is good to report?

Last edited:
Then it mightve been kind of dumb of you to spread the advice by posting it here.

Last edited:
If the Times had reported this, the right would be shitting bricks.

Yes, I would.

Really? I assumed you were trying to be funny.

Trying to be funny about a major media outlet providing a brand name and model number of a device that will mask the smell of explosives from bomb sniffing dogs? Hardly. Any media outlet that would do that should be taken to task for their irresponsibility. Politic has nothing to do with it. It is a national security issue.

You act as if they didn't already know this.

Our enemies know or suspect a lot of things. That doesn't mean we should be confirming or printing instructions for them, does it? I'd rather them hear word of mouth that it works and have their doubts than a major media outlet tell them that studies show it works. The media's job is to report news, not assist our enemies by confirming good ways to attack us. Do you disagree?

I kinda agree with KwC.

I think it was a mistake for Fox to broadcast this. I am sure terrorists were aware of this already, it just makes me uneasy for someone to report such things.

Being conservative, I complain about any media outlet that decides to inform our enemy of any tactical advantage they might not know about. Telling them how to skirt bomb sniffing dogs is far more dangerous than telling them what kind of torture to expect once they are caught. Do you honestly think this kind of information is good to report?

Conservative? Damn, I thought you were a liberal.

This stuff not secret.

It can't be very newsworthy if the New York Times took a pass on it.

Much different than, for example, after Bush pleaded with the publisher not to reveal that we were tracking international banking money transfers of suspected terrorists in the hopes we could learn more about their organizations and plans, but the Times thought it was in the best interests of everyone to spill the beans instead.

Also Barak Hussein is doing Al Qaida agreat favor by delassifying CIA documents thereby telling Al Qaidaour methods; and as what you said, what we would and would not do.

This gives Al Qaida the wonderful service of letting them adapt.

Thank you Barak Hussein. We all owe him a hand :clap2:

Conservative? Damn, I thought you were a liberal.

This stuff not secret.

You should read my posts a little closer. I sometimes confuse the talk radio conservatives who only care about smashing libtards and such because I'm what I like to call an honest conservative. I'll call a spade a spade. I care more about holding my side to a higher standard than whining about the actions of the other side.

It doesn't matter whether it isn't secret or not. When you lock your doors at night, do you put a post it note on the door that announces you have a hideout key under the planter on the porch? A lot of your friends might know that, but you don't broadcast it.

This isn't hard. What they did was foolish and wrong and is something the right has criticized the left leaning media for dozens of times. The fact that it isn't "secret" and Fox did it doesn't change the fact that it was stoopid to do.

Last edited:
Oh Please.

The MSM has no problem revealing any and all "secrets" they consider newsworthy. It never seems to matter if it will cost the lives of our troops or give info to terrorists. Jeeze.

While it might change over time, a current search of the web shows that Fox News is the only media outlet with this news story.

FOXNews.com - Scent-Killing Machine Could Be Sweet Choice for Terrorists

"Would-be homicide bombers looking to skirt the keen noses of bomb-sniffing dogs can find everything they need at their local hunting store.

There, for about $300, they can buy a compact ozone machine that hunters use to mask human smells. It's a fairly low-tech device that will enable them to walk undetected past the K-9 units stationed to sniff out explosives at airports, train stations and bus depots."

Should Fox News really be helping terrorists with "news" like this?

Is it any different than the major news agencies reporting how unsecure our ports are or how vulnerable our nuclear reactors are?

Forum List

Back