Respect:

I agree with this whole heartedly. There is no respect for human life if there is no real comprehension of it. I would take it one step further (or at least more verbose) but would essentially wind up in the same place.
Take it further, please. Verbosity is welcome in my world unless/until it starts goin in circles-

Well, I would add the simple act of treating humans with dignity requires one to achieve (even temporarily) "self-actualization". You can't do that if you are constantly trying to meet those basic needs: food, water, shelter. You have to have that time to reflect on what your made of, in order to empathize, with other humans.

View attachment 473508

Sometimes it's pretty hard to empathize with other people.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Some people don't deserve it, Damaged. Some acts are so heinous that it needs to be ok you can't wrap your brain around it because............if you could, what does it say about you? Wisest words I ever heard.

I agree with this whole heartedly. There is no respect for human life if there is no real comprehension of it. I would take it one step further (or at least more verbose) but would essentially wind up in the same place.
Take it further, please. Verbosity is welcome in my world unless/until it starts goin in circles-

Well, I would add the simple act of treating humans with dignity requires one to achieve (even temporarily) "self-actualization". You can't do that if you are constantly trying to meet those basic needs: food, water, shelter. You have to have that time to reflect on what your made of, in order to empathize, with other humans.

View attachment 473508

*****SMILE*****

Some people don't deserve it, Damaged. Some acts are so heinous that it needs to be ok you can't wrap your brain around it because............if you could, what does it say about you? Wisest words I ever heard.

1616972642627.png

That I'm Damaged

*****CHUCKLE*****

View attachment 473508

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 473640

That I'm Damaged

*****CHUCKLE*****

I wish I could wave a magic wand and make it go away or make you feel better.

View attachment 473508

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 473640

That I'm Damaged

*****CHUCKLE*****

1616973415016.png

When the words loyalty, integrity, and honor, seem meaningless it becomes difficult to trust anyone.

Part of the reason I'm only signed up with one organization and I don't do anything for them except pay my dues and very rarely show up for meetings.

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 473508

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 473640

That I'm Damaged

*****CHUCKLE*****

View attachment 473641

When the words loyalty, integrity, and honor, seem meaningless it becomes difficult to trust anyone.

Part of the reason I'm only signed up with one organization and I don't do anything for them except pay my dues and very rarely show up for meetings.

*****SMILE*****

I'm sorry you had to go through that.

View attachment 473508

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 473640

That I'm Damaged

*****CHUCKLE*****

View attachment 473641

*****SMILE*****

1616974933409.png

It's happened a couple of times with places I've worked after the service.

Must just be human nature so now I rarely trust anyone.

Other people don't like it but that's the nature of the beast.

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 473508

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 473640

That I'm Damaged

*****CHUCKLE*****

View attachment 473641

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 473649

It's happened a couple of times with places I've worked after the service.

Must just be human nature so now I rarely trust anyone.

Other people don't like it but that's the nature of the beast.

*****SMILE*****

Where people fuck you over because they can or take advantage of your integrity? Perhaps it is.

Respect can be earned but it is also spent when someone climbs up on their high-horse as you have just done.
1616986525597.png

So you're some kind of knight in shining armor who's going to make everything rainbows and unicorns?

OR

Are you going to contribute your thoughts to the conversation instead of riding in on your high horse?

*****SMILE*****

Basic needs are food, water, shelter.
Yep. Period. Adding air. Everything else is a want- needs are basic tangibles for survival- survival requires the basic needs be met-

Now, some will argue (and I have) that simply surviving isn't really living- I've argued it both ways- however, in this instance, I'm coming down on the side of survival- the needs for that are basic- really living has a different set of parameters- gotta keep up with the Jones's etc.

Forum List

Back