Reputation System Tweaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Bernhardt

www.physics*****s.com
Dec 8, 2006
I've reduced the amount of "rep to pass around" from 10 to 1. So in order to rep the same member again you only have to rep 1 other person. Also I've doubled each pt category and set a power setting from 300 to 500 where you get 1 pt for each set of X rep you have, in this case it's now 500. This dynamicly changes across the board.

I've reduced the amount of "rep to pass around" from 10 to 1. So in order to rep the same member again you only have to rep 1 other person. Also I've doubled each pt category and set a power setting from 300 to 500 where you get 1 pt for each set of x posts you have, in this case it's now 500. This dynamicly changes across the board.

Thanks for explaining that Greg.

I've reduced the amount of "rep to pass around" from 10 to 1. So in order to rep the same member again you only have to rep 1 other person. Also I've doubled each pt category and set a power setting from 300 to 500 where you get 1 pt for each set of X rep you have, in this case it's now 500. This dynamicly changes across the board.

Great.... I've dropped to 8 now. I earned my rep power and I think that's cruddy.

Seems once again you're fixing things that aren't broke. The whole point of having to rep others (like 10 others, not 1) is that it was intended to keep people from harassing other posters by negging them repeatedly and also to assure that people couldn't keep repping the same like-minded people over and over again.

Great.... I've dropped to 8 now. I earned my rep power and I think that's cruddy.

Seems once again you're fixing things that aren't broke. The whole point of having to rep others (like 10 others, not 1) is that it was intended to keep people from harassing other posters by negging them repeatedly and also to assure that people couldn't keep repping the same like-minded people over and over again.

It happened equally to everyone---my God---you can't take points to the bank or anything.

Jillian, your point is a good one but one must bare in mind that a dummy who constantly negs or repeatedly reps can be ................ah.........disciplined!

Yippe! GOOD BYE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION REP SYSTEM!

Greg, oh wait I can't address you personally so let me put it this way........

I wonder if my tyraid had anything to do with the change? That would be a big boost to my ego if it did so just tell me NO!

Peace everyone!

Wow.. I dropped to 21.. Hmph.

I can see where such a change would be needed, what with all the new spam, and bullshit accounts being created just to make the board look like it's getting more use than it really is. :clap2:

No offense, <b>Greg</b>, but I don't give this board more than 6 months under current <i>ownership</i> before it's just another has-been.

Wow.. I dropped to 21.. Hmph.

I can see where such a change would be needed, what with all the new spam, and bullshit accounts being created just to make the board look like it's getting more use than it really is. :clap2:

No offense, <b>Greg</b>, but I don't give this board more than 6 months under current <i>ownership</i> before it's just another has-been.

Hoping others to fail is such a lovely quality of yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back