Repurpose Your Old Android Phone

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
As a security camera or baby/pet monitor.

Pretty cool idea and since you already own it it's free.......

Requirements​

To make this work you will need the following:
  • An Android phone (running version 5.0 and up).
  • A power cord for the phone (you don't want your battery to run out).
  • The DroidCam app.
  • A web browser on the same network as the phone.
How to repurpose an old Android phone as a security or pet camera

Hmmm. I like this. We are about to go on a short trip and were thinking of buying a trail camera. This is free.

Thanks.

Cool. I have a phone that I am not using, so I might give it a try. Got to wonder how easy it will be for someone to hack though. I can envision someone, perhaps one of the app makers getting access to thousands of other people's cameras...a voyeur's dream. Perhaps that is Ringle's plan.

Cool. I have a phone that I am not using, so I might give it a try. Got to wonder how easy it will be for someone to hack though. I can envision someone, perhaps one of the app makers getting access to thousands of other people's cameras...a voyeur's dream. Perhaps that is Ringle's plan.
Well he is a pirate

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

I put a camera on my cats collar to see where the heck he goes everyday... he leaves the house early and comes back just before dark... he was a farrow cat so I don't worry about him too much... and I leave food and water for him inside the garage cat door....
I was surprised to find that he sleeps so much of the day... the rest of the time he visits my neighbors for pets and treats...lol
It was fascinating to watch how far from home he goes each day....
There is a lake about 3 miles from my home and he goes there to hang out with the fishermen on the dock....

Yeah, like I want to see a bunch of old naked farts running around their house......... :puke3:

Can't get it to work on ipad so far. Does it work with an ipad.?

I don't think it will. The OP's instructions specifically state an Android phone, not an IPhone. Android software is different than what IPhone or Ipad use, so there might be some issues that make it not work. Currently, there are 2 types of devices, one is Apple (which is the IPhone), and Android, which is it's own thing.

Apple and Android aren't compatible.

I don't think it will. The OP's instructions specifically state an Android phone, not an IPhone. Android software is different than what IPhone or Ipad use, so there might be some issues that make it not work. Currently, there are 2 types of devices, one is Apple (which is the IPhone), and Android, which is it's own thing.

Apple and Android aren't compatible.
Says from a pc to the android only. Will not have the pc on our trip.

Forum List

Back