Repubs go back to not reading "certain" bills

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Last edited:
Yeah but democrats not only didn't read the freaking 3,000 page frankenstein monster health care law they created but they shut republicans literally out of the process. When are liberals going to realize that they control 2/3 of the federal government and quit whining?

Repubs are playing reformers like sincere teapartiers & concerned Independents like myself for chumps. Well, I aint fallin' for it.

Well, their staffs probably do the reading. I mean could you picture Louis Gohmert trying to read... anything?

two repub responses to this outrage when 60+% of the board are repub-voting drones? :eusa_eh: MAN UP RW'ERS AND CALL OUT THE REPUBS FOR RETURNING TO BUSINESS AS USUAL (shafting the taxpayers)

:up: their own :eusa_whistle:

Dana Milbank: D.C. returns to business as usual - The Washington Post
A very different Republican Party rushed a massive spending bill through the House on Wednesday, just 44 hours after it was posted. The bill was 1,582 pages and accompanying explanatory statements added 1,278 more, which means lawmakers had less than a minute to read each page, even if they didn’t sleep.

Discuss...
This has similarities to what happened a few years after the Republican Revolution of 1994, when the revolutionaries began to act like the Democratic majorities they had deplored. Then, as now, the rebels left their mark; in this case, they succeeded in reducing non-entitlement spending at a rate not seen in decades. But comb through the $1.1 trillion “omnibus” spending bill, as the watchdog group Taxpayers for Common Sense has, and you’ll see a return to the old ways:

bwahahahahahaha....................... phoney friggin' demagogues!

Yeah but democrats not only didn't read the freaking 3,000 page frankenstein monster health care law they created but they shut republicans literally out of the process. When are liberals going to realize that they control 2/3 of the federal government and quit whining?

It was a rallying cry of the tea party in 2010 and of Republicans bitter about a 906-page health-care law that few proponents had read. Republicans made a “read the bill” pledge and vowed that they would put the text of bills online at least 72 hours before votes.

so says the principled dufus. :lol:

doesn't excuse the repub-voters on this forum glossing this over. 73 views lol.

So just to be clear, Mr. Independent, you didn't agree with Pelosi and passing the bill in order to see what's in it, right??

THAT is the reason this thread exists. YOU PEOPLE had a cow over that but not so much now when your people are ramming corporate welfare through the House just 44 hrs after the ink dried :rofl:

doesn't excuse the repub-voters on this forum glossing this over. 73 views lol.

So just to be clear, Mr. Independent, you didn't agree with Pelosi and passing the bill in order to see what's in it, right??

THAT is the reason this thread exists. YOU PEOPLE had a cow over that but not so much now when your people are ramming corporate welfare through the House just 44 hrs after the ink dried :rofl:

If you're really an Independent, then you'd have a cow either way...fucking poser.:lol: Oh, and if you really want my opinion, I think it's a shit move, but thanks for asking.:D

It was a rallying cry of the tea party in 2010 and of Republicans bitter about a 906-page health-care law that few proponents had read. Republicans made a “read the bill” pledge and vowed that they would put the text of bills online at least 72 hours before votes.

yep. Repubs rammed this one through after only 44 hours :eusa_shhh::lmao:

Last edited:

yep. Repubs rammed this one through after only 44 hours :eusa_shhh::lmao:

I was going to say this is faux outrage, but you're not really outraged...you're just popping a boner that the right pulled a dick move to detract from your side...um, I mean the left, doing it also.:thup: :D

:up: their own :eusa_whistle:

Dana Milbank: D.C. returns to business as usual - The Washington Post
A very different Republican Party rushed a massive spending bill through the House on Wednesday, just 44 hours after it was posted. The bill was 1,582 pages and accompanying explanatory statements added 1,278 more, which means lawmakers had less than a minute to read each page, even if they didn’t sleep.

Discuss...

3X as long as the healthcare law too. :clap:

They worked out a back room budget, rammed it through Congress, and the ink from printing was barely dry when Obama put his pen to paper. Having watched hours and hours and hours of the budget debate in subcommittee about year ago I applaud this budget getting signed. I believe it is pretty much the best budget this country could have gotten.

Forum List

Back