Republicans want out too!

I think some republicans want out, some dont. But in the democratic party, if you dont tow the line they try and kick you out. example: look at joe lieberman. You should be able to dissent within your own party.

I.E. moderates. Sadly not enough moderation these days :(

I think some republicans want out, some dont. But in the democratic party, if you dont tow the line they try and kick you out. example: look at joe lieberman. You should be able to dissent within your own party.

Apparently you've already forgotten the days of Tom DeLay's iron grip on Congressional Republicans huh?

Apparently you've already forgotten the days of Tom DeLay's iron grip on Congressional Republicans huh?

Sadly, I forget many things My friend. :lol: Can you please clarify for me when tom delay was in power?. I concede the point to you, however my point was, in 2007, today, dissent is more welcome in the republican party then the democrats. I dont remember the republicans kicking out a republican for disagreeing, but the truth as i see it. Both parties must allow dissent, both must allow criticism, and both must work together. Is either party doing much right now, not in my judgment.

Sadly, I forget many things My friend. :lol: Can you please clarify for me when tom delay was in power?. I concede the point to you, however my point was, in 2007, today, dissent is more welcome in the republican party then the democrats. I dont remember the republicans kicking out a republican for disagreeing, but the truth as i see it. Both parties must allow dissent, both must allow criticism, and both must work together. Is either party doing much right now, not in my judgment.

They called Tom DeLay the "hammer" because when he was majority leader he had an iron grip on the funds. The ONLY way for a Republican Congressperson to be able to access party funds was to vote in lockstep with the GOP agenda. If you played the game you got a free pass to the ample GOP tit. If you broke ranks Tom Delay's retribution was legendary. He ran a real tight ship for the Republican party.

When you think about it, Tom DeLay's fall was the beginning of the end of that uncanny cohesion within the party. Things have been going down hill ever since.

your view of Joe is skewed.... senators represent their states, but first, they represent their parties. If Joe Liebeman wanted to keep being nominated by the democrats of the state of connecticut, he should have listened more closely to what they were saying. when he started supporting a war and continued to support a war that the overwhelming majority of democrats in his home state not only opposed, but said that it was the most important issue for them in the upcoming election, what do you expect those connecticut democrats to do? vote to put a guy as their party's nominee for the senate that was 180 away from them on their single biggest issue?

You need to take a political science course and find out how our political system works. really.

When you think about it, Tom DeLay's fall was the beginning of the end of that uncanny cohesion within the party. Things have been going down hill ever since.[/QUOTE]

says who? :lol:

They called Tom DeLay the "hammer" because when he was majority leader he had an iron grip on the funds. The ONLY way for a Republican Congressperson to be able to access party funds was to vote in lockstep with the GOP agenda. If you played the game you got a free pass to the ample GOP tit. If you broke ranks Tom Delay's retribution was legendary. He ran a real tight ship for the Republican party.

When you think about it, Tom DeLay's fall was the beginning of the end of that uncanny cohesion within the party. Things have been going down hill ever since.

Too bad Republicans aren't like Democrats and just refuse to step down when they haven't been convicted; which, Delay has yet to be convicted on the same charges he was acquitted on before.

I do have to hand it to Dems .... by whatever devious means necessary, y'all DID manage to screw over the power players.

Too bad y'all can't hold your own to the same standards.

Too bad Republicans aren't like Democrats and just refuse to step down when they haven't been convicted; which, Delay has yet to be convicted on the same charges he was acquitted on before.

I do have to hand it to Dems .... by whatever devious means necessary, y'all DID manage to screw over the power players.

Too bad y'all can't hold your own to the same standards.
why do repubs always have to blame someone else for their own WRONG DOINGS? it gets tiring....

no one ''screwed over'' the power players...

they SCREWED themselves by breaking the law and being corrupt.

why do repubs always have to blame someone else for their own WRONG DOINGS? it gets tiring....

no one ''screwed over'' the power players...

they SCREWED themselves by breaking the law and being corrupt.

One, I'm, not now, nor have I ever been a Republican.

Two, I didn't blame "others" for anyone's wrong doings. I blamed the GOP for their stupid ethic that if so much as an accusation is made, they require that person to step down from any positions of responsibility.

Neither Trent Lott nor Tom Delay have broken any laws that either have been convicted of.

Trent Lott made a statement consoling a dying old man that was spun to the Moon by you lefties as racist. It was absolute bullshit.

And again, the same liberal nutjob here in Texas that has made it his life's mission to stalk Delay has filed charges against Delay he has once already been acquitted of.

So as far as precipitating the action, yeah, liberals were behind the bullshit knowing fully-well what the outcome would be.

Why is it you liberals NEVER question the obvious? Because it doesn't suit your partisan lockstep to do so.

One, I'm, not now, nor have I ever been a Republican.

Two, I didn't blame "others" for anyone's wrong doings. I blamed the GOP for their stupid ethic that if so much as an accusation is made, they require that person to step down from any positions of responsibility.

Neither Trent Lott nor Tom Delay have broken any laws that either have been convicted of.

Trent Lott made a statement consoling a dying old man that was spun to the Moon by you lefties as racist. It was absolute bullshit.

And again, the same liberal nutjob here in Texas that has made it his life's mission to stalk Delay has filed charges against Delay he has once already been acquitted of.

So as far as precipitating the action, yeah, liberals were behind the bullshit knowing fully-well what the outcome would be.

Why is it you liberals NEVER question the obvious? Because it doesn't suit your partisan lockstep to do so.

i agree whole heartedly on trent lott, it was a birthday party for a 100 year old senator who once ran for president... lott was just being nice to strom. your party ate their own with lott...

tom delay is a crook and a liar and MY REPRESENTATION went to hell with him in power... through his changing of the rules of the house.... but as i have been taught... every dawg has its day, and you reap what you sow, good riddence to delay, he HURT America, not helped it.

you are a republican, whether u know it or not! you can make ALL the claims you like of independence or WHATEVER! you walk the walk and talk the talk of republicans not of democrats and it is simple as that....

maybe you need to reexamine what your party beliefs are if you don't think they are republican?

care

care

Forum List

Back