Republicans, Trump feel we don't breathe enough Mercury. We NEED more!

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
Trump EPA Says Mercury Limits On Coal Plants Too Costly, Not 'Necessary'

When coal is burned it releases mercury into the air, where it can cause health risks to people including neurological disorders, heart and lung problems and compromised immune systems. Babies developing in the womb and young children are especially at risk.

Trump proposal to weaken mercury standards could have broad impact on other anti-pollution rules

Reported emissions declined 69 percent between 2014 and 2016 after coal-fired power plants installed technology to meet the new clean air standards.

Harold P. Wimmer, president and CEO of the American Lung Association, said the current rule shouldn't be weakened considering it's estimated to prevent 11,000 premature deaths each year and has dramatically reduced mercury pollution, a potent neurotoxin that causes brain damage in babies.

===================

I'm with the Republicans on this one.

Fuk all those do gooders.

Clean air and clean water? Bah! Who needs them?

I just tell the kids it's not dirty water, it's chocolate. Drink up!

Bon Appétit!

GettyImages-474366331.jpg

• Banned
ap_mine_waste_2_kb_150810_4x3_992.jpg

If you wait long enough, the discoloration becomes the "normal" look.

“EPA said it will take comments for the proposal for 60 days and will hold at least one public hearing. “

Nothing like posting a picture of pollution that happened under Obama in a thread supposedly attacking Trump.

The dumbass is thick in this thread.

When coal is burned it releases mercury into the air, where it can cause health risks to people including neurological disorders, heart and lung problems and compromised immune systems. Babies developing in the womb and young children are especially at risk.

Trump proposal to weaken mercury standards could have broad impact on other anti-pollution rules

Reported emissions declined 69 percent between 2014 and 2016 after coal-fired power plants installed technology to meet the new clean air standards.

Harold P. Wimmer, president and CEO of the American Lung Association, said the current rule shouldn't be weakened considering it's estimated to prevent 11,000 premature deaths each year and has dramatically reduced mercury pollution, a potent neurotoxin that causes brain damage in babies.

===================

Bon Appétit!

YOU on the other hand, ate too much lead paint as a child.

Nothing like posting a picture of pollution that happened under Obama in a thread supposedly Attacking Trump.

But dumbass is thick in this thread.
And what is your point? It makes no difference who’s poisoning the planet, it’s the fact that it’s happening at all that matters. Trump making it easier to inflict poisons on the population is only making official what’s been going on for decades. Our entire species is insane and is about to reap the extinction we deserve.

I feel the urge to wander a bit off topic here. One of the aspects of conservative, right wing politics of the last few decades that puzzles me is the anti-science perspective these parties have taken on. Historically there’s been a firm link between science, as expressed in technological developments in industry, and concervative thinking. Why has the right suddenly reversed direction and become so astonishingly anti-science? I don’t get it.

I know I keep saying this but Ayn Rand is rolling in her grave.

It’s that kind of pollution which is the reason that there was so many EPA regulations put in place under Obama. Duh!

Because he cared. Republicans don’t care.
You just proved that.

Nothing like posting a picture of pollution that happened under Obama in a thread supposedly Attacking Trump.

And what is your point? It makes no difference who’s poisoning the planet, it’s the fact that it’s happening at all that matters. Trump making it easier to inflict poisons on the population is only making official what’s been going on for decades. Our entire species is insane and is about to reap the extinction we deserve.
Wow. An optimist. Are you sure you’re not a republican? Because they’re looking for the rapture.

....you are more likely to die by many other things long before you die of the EVIL MERCURY MONSTER
....watch out for that MERCURY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

===================

Bon Appétit!

Yes, of course that is what he said;

You fucking idiot.

You want to know why no one believes you or the lying fucks in the press? :dunno:

Typical American polarisation around left/right lines totally missing the point. Governments all over this planet, communist , capitalist and all mixes in between, are guilty of environmental crimes. If we continue to see these problems as solvable through any ideology we’re stuffed.

Yea I figured my post would fly right over your head. So I'll dumb it down for ya.

In a thread about "republicans and Trump making it easier for coal plants to pollute" dishonest dean posted a picture of a polluted river. He didn't caption it or mention that it happened under Obama. So one would think it happened because of Trumps policies. If you read the fine print on the sign it clearly states it happened under Obama, So why post the pic in a thread about trump?

I don't expect honesty out of dishonest dean, but I will call out his bullshit when I see it.

Wow. An optimist. Are you sure you’re not a republican? Because they’re looking for the rapture.
Wow, I’ve had some insults in my time but that’s a double barrelled one. I’m an agnostic with an interest in biblical studies but I’m no believer. I’m not addicted to any particular ideology seeing all of them as mindless tribal idiocy.

Forum List

Back