Republicans today are slave holders of yesterday

IDNeon

Feb 3, 2015
It is important that the same economic buffoonery touted today by republicans is the exact same "you can't touch a hair of my property" argument that slave holders used.

And most importantly Lincoln never once resorted to a moral argument over slavery.

His entire argument against slavery was an economic one and one that would make any republican redneck cringe with his government interventions and unionization and worker rights and minimum wage arguments.

I'm not even sugar coating it Lincoln literally made only an economic case against slavery as capitalism run amok and private ownership gone extremism.

His argument was that everyone should be owners of property more equally....uh oh....communist Alert?

It is important that the same economic buffoonery touted today by republicans is the exact same "you can't touch a hair of my property" argument that slave holders used.

And most importantly Lincoln never once resorted to a moral argument over slavery.

His entire argument against slavery was an economic one and one that would make any republican redneck cringe with his government interventions and unionization and worker rights and minimum wage arguments.

I'm not even sugar coating it Lincoln literally made only an economic case against slavery as capitalism run amok and private ownership gone extremism.

His argument was that everyone should be owners of property more equally....uh oh....ctommunist Alert?
You have bought the lie that Rs and Ds are dissimilar.

Today all Americans are slaves to the all powerful unlimited central government...excepting those in the power elite...of course.

And Lincoln was a lawless tyrant not unlike the dude in the WH now.

His argument was that everyone should be owners of property more equally....uh oh....ctommunist Alert?

Today all Americans are slaves to the all powerful unlimited central government...excepting those in the power elite...of course.

Just out of curiosity, what did this powerful central government require you to do yesterday? Slaves don't get days off right? Was it keeping it under 100? Stopping at red lights? Paying a gas tax maybe? Tell us, what were your marching orders from the powerful Feds for say, last week maybe?

His argument was that everyone should be owners of property more equally....uh oh....communist Alert?
So black is white, up is down, and Republicans were really Democrats back then. Makes sense.

Democrats never change. They always are looking out for themselves. The same thing way back during slavery. They don't care about freedom, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. They're primary concerned with making sure that the government has what it needs to "help" those of us that are too stupid to do what liberals feel is the right thing.

Just a few bites for you to chew on:

"If the negro is a man, why then my ancient faith teaches me that 'all men are created equal' and that there can be no moral right in connection with one man's making a slave of another."
Speech, Peoria, IL, October 16, 1854

"I confess myself as belonging to that class in this country who contemplate slavery as a moral, social, and political evil."
Debate, Galesburg, IL, October 7, 1858

"There is no reason in the world why the negro is not entitled to all the natural rights enumerated in the Declaration of Independence - the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. I hold that he is as much entitled to these as the white man."
Debate, Ottawa, IL, August 21, 1858

"I think slavery is wrong, morally, and politically. I desire that it should be no further spread in these United States, and I should not object if it should gradually terminate in the whole Union." - "Speech at Cincinnati, Ohio" (September 17, 1859)

"Your race are suffering, in my judgement, the greatest wrong inflicted on any people."
Speech to free colored men, Washington, D.C

"Whenever I hear anyone arguing over slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally."
Speech to 14th Indiana regiment, March 17, 1865

So wait. . . . If slaveholders once used the economic freedom argument to justify keeping their slaves, then anyone who demands total economic freedom is the same ilk as slave owners?

Check it out, though. Hitler stated that he wanted world peace. Therefore, anyone who wants world peace must want to eradicate non-Aryans, yes?

Someone needs to work on basic logic.

Facts are facts. Slavery was a dark time in our history, one that is embarrassing. I have zero respect for those who owned them, regardless of party, etc. Slavery is simply something that cannot be justified in any way, shape, or form. Slavery was used by those too lazy to do the work themselves. Why not just hire out, why not pay for the services? Stupidity.

Sigh, you're an example of ignorance that can only be a testimony to our educational system. You sprout BS without one basis of fact. You say what you THINK instead of what is real.

Certainly Lincoln was a man of the times. He did not hate slavery because of economics he hated it because it is a practice to be hated. But being a man of the times he realize that the economic impact would be great.

I can't speak for what Lincoln believed but he believed, in my opinion, in the country, in the US above all else. Those who call him a tyrant are fools in my opinion. The worse thing that the south did to themselves, other then start a war over slavery, was kill Lincoln. The whole war was predicated on Lincoln being elected President and the fear from the rich southern democrats. Fear that he would outlaw slavery which was a huge part of their economy.

If anything, the stand on immigration from the democrats are more in line with their long held view on slavery.

Any way, read and learn.

Lincoln on Slavery - Lincoln Home National Historic Site U.S. National Park Service

October 16, 1854: Speech at Peoria, Illinois

Lincoln, in a speech at Peoria, attacked slavery on the grounds that its existence within the United States made American democracy appear hyprocritical in the eyes of the world. However, he also confessed his uncertainty as how to end slavery where it then existed, because he believed that neither colonolization nor racial equality were practical.I can not but hate [the declared indifference for slavery's spread]. I hate it because of the monstrous injustice of slavery itself. I hate it because it deprives our republican example of its just influence in the world -- enables the enemies of free institutions, with plausibility, to taunt us as hypocrites -- causes the real friends of freedom to doubt our sincerity, and especially because it forces so many really good men amongst ourselves into an open war with the very fundamental principles of civil liberty -- criticising [sic] the Declaration of Independence, and insisting that there is no right principle of action but self-interest.

Before proceeding, let me say I think I have no prejudice against the Southern people. They are just what we would be in their situation. If slavery did not now exist amongst them, they would not introduce it. If it did now exist amongst us, we should not instantly give it up. This I believe of the masses north and south. Doubtless there are individuals, on both sides, who would not hold slaves under any circumstances; and others who would gladly introduce slavery anew, if it were out of existence. We know that some southern men do free their slaves, go north, and become tip-top abolitionists; while some northern ones go south, and become most cruel slave-masters.

When southern people tell us they are no more responsible for the origin of slavery, than we; I acknowledge the fact. When it is said that the institution exists; and that it is very difficult to get rid of it, in any satisfactory way, I can understand and appreciate the saying. I surely will not blame them for not doing what I should not know how to do myself. If all earthly power were given me, I should not know what to do, as to the existing institution. My first impulse would be to free all the slaves, and send them to Liberia, -- to their own native land. But a moment's reflection would convince me, that whatever of high hope, (as I think there is) there may be in this, in the long run, its sudden execution is impossible. If they were all landed there in a day, they would all perish in the next ten days; and there are not surplus shipping and surplus money enough in the world to carry them there in many times ten days. What then? Free them all, and keep them among us as underlings? Is it quite certain that this betters their condition? I think I would not hold one in slavery, at any rate; yet the point is not clear enough for me to denounce people upon. What next? Free them, and make them politically and socially, our equals? My own feelings will not admit of this; and if mine would, we well know that those of the great mass of white people will not.

Last edited:

Just out of curiosity, what did this powerful central government require you to do yesterday? Slaves don't get days off right? Was it keeping it under 100? Stopping at red lights? Paying a gas tax maybe? Tell us, what were your marching orders from the powerful Feds for say, last week maybe?

One would have to be ignorant of history not to see the danger of uncontrolled government.
Government, with its desires for war, untold number of rules, regulations, taxes...all imposed by coersion and force, massive deficit spending destroying the currency and indebting future generations, with its bailouts of the rich, collusion between gov and big business, welfare statism enslaving millions...local police now militarized. The amazing corruption, incompetence, and waste.

It is said every American breaks the law unknowingly three times a day...
But some prefer to ignore the reality, prefering instead to believe the lies of the State.

Zombie-rofl.jpg

Lincoln didn't want the spread of slavery. He was going to look the other way, in order to avoid a civil war, if slavery didn't advance.

Millions of pro slavery democrats suddenly and en masse decide to join the Republican Party that was decidedly against slavery? Your argument has been debunked at least every day when you people start a new thread bringing up this lie. Today's republicans aren't yesterday's democrats no matter how many times you claim it. Blacks use to be staunch republicans for a reason: democrats are racists who started the KKK and voted in Jim Crowe laws. The only en masse defection have been blacks switching to the democrats when they got blacks use to free money and welfare. Dependency keeps blacks on the liberal plantation.

dimocrap scum have ALWAYS been racist filth.

Until 1964, they hated Black People, then they started hating 'White' People, aka; descendants of dead 'White' Europeans, aka; angry 'White' males, aka; Tea Party Hatriots

They're still the racist scum they've always been.

At least I think 'Whites' might be getting a little break, dimocrap filth seem to be moving toward hating Jews.

But they've always hated Jews because, as stupid as they are, they still think that Jews are the ultimate 'Capitalists' (See Bruno Bauer and Karl Marx) and if it's one think all dimocrap scum hate -- It's Capitalists

dimocraps are now, have always been, and will always be, the scum of the earth

Forum List

Back