Republicans to vote to repeal law against offshore tax avoidance

As Dylan used to say, "You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows".

Thanks one hell of alot GOP. It is pretty damned easy to see who you stand for in the USA. Say hello to the Koch brothers.

Yahoo!

Both parties screw us in different ways.

Most likely a safe bet that there were things attached to the bill ,that the Repubs found unacceptable,but the cherry pickers really don't want to mention that.

As Dylan used to say, "You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows".

Thanks one hell of alot GOP. It is pretty damned easy to see who you stand for in the USA. Say hello to the Koch brothers.

Yahoo!

If the Dems would fight harder, make people mad by informing the public how the modern robber-baron operates.

Show the numbers. Prime-time TV special showing us how the money is moved offshore with minimal taxation.

Oops, the millionaires that run the TV networks won't let that happen.

And Fox has masterfully gotten middle class and lower class conservatives to believe the "job creators" will save us all if we just unburden them and lower their taxes.

WAKE UP -- the market performed great last year. The RICH got RICHER. The Job Creators made billions. But they have no interest in creating a job for John Q. because he wants benefits and a decent wage.

Most likely a safe bet that there were things attached to the bill ,that the Repubs found unacceptable,but the cherry pickers really don't want to mention that.

Oh! Then no doubt we will see the Republicans ALSO announcing a vote for a bill that ends offshore tax avoidence WITHOUT such undesirable things attached to it, right? They probably just forgot to mention it when they made this announcement to the press.

Oh! Then no doubt we will see the Republicans ALSO announcing a vote for a bill that ends offshore tax avoidence WITHOUT such undesirable things attached to it, right? They probably just forgot to mention it when they made this announcement to the press.

I think that what we are seeing in this proposed legislation is the best government money can buy.

It is a perfect example of plutocracy in action.

of the rich, by the rich, for the rich.

No rich Dem or Repub shall ever suffer. Amen.

Anybody have any or know anyone with offshore accounts for avoiding taxes?.....
Me neither.

I would guess with less revenue coming in from this legislation there will be a need to cut some spending to make up for the loss revenue.
I wonder what program that helps the Middle Class or poor will have funding cut?
Or maybe not. The GOP sees this action as a way to receive more campaign donations from overseas.
From the link: ""I see FATCA just like Obamacare," said Solomon Yue, an RNC official from Oregon who is leading the party's FATCA repeal effort. "It will attract American overseas donors."
Yea for Citizens United!:evil:

Yahoo!

If the Dems would fight harder, make people mad by informing the public how the modern robber-baron operates.

Show the numbers. Prime-time TV special showing us how the money is moved offshore with minimal taxation.

And Fox has masterfully gotten middle class and lower class conservatives to believe the "job creators" will save us all if we just unburden them and lower their taxes.

WAKE UP -- the market performed great last year. The RICH got RICHER. The Job Creators made billions. But they have no interest in creating a job for John Q. because he wants benefits and a decent wage.

Why would Obama and dems who are in power ever show people how they avoid paying higher taxes?

Yahoo!

What percentage of Congressional Democrats are not millionaires?

Tax loopholes like this alongside free trade agreements are why the jobs are overseas. Their money is overseas, so why would they spend it here and be taxes for creating jobs here? The jobs created overseas are cheaper and create more profit. Get rid of tax loopholes and free trade agreements.

All the complaining about Republicans wanting to repeal the law, yet nobody seems to have any idea what the actual issue is here. The law creates a massive expansion of government, placing obligations upon private businesses that exist outside of the United States. The program will be costly, yet largely ineffective and will not generate substantial revenues.

Liberals love taxes and likes to tell others what they can do with their money

Half of the people in this COuntry either pay nothing in Federal income Taxes or get money back when they file their Income Taxes.

But dimocrap scum want to accuse Republicans of not paying their fair share..... We pay it ALL.

We pay EVERYTHING!!! All of it.

I had one dimocrap say, "I bet I pay more than you!"

I says, "Maybe. Who do you work for?" He/she/it says, "I'm a blah-blah for the government."

I says, "You stupid fuck. You get EVERY PENNY YOU EARN from the government and want to claim you pay more than your fair share??!!"

And some colorful names were thrown in.

Outside of gubmint workers, who take FAR more than they give, I can't think of too many dimocrap voters paying much of anything..... As a big group. Maybe a few Union people, but there's so few of them any more, they hardly even count.... And last I checked, 40% of them were Republicans.

Well, okay, maybe there's a few percentage points of dimocrap scum who pay a little bit.... Maybe five or six percent of them. Tops.

But the rest? They pay SHIT.

And then there's the dishonest scumbags in office who cry about 'inequality'.

What a load of shit that is.... The richest people in the Congress?

They're dimocrap scum.... More Democrats than Republicans on Top 10 Richest Members of Congress List | Washington Free Beacon

Check this out.....

House Dems To Discuss “Income Inequality” At Posh Hotel Where Cheapest Room Is $695 A Night…

pelosi-m-u-a-.jpg

Well done, Nancy.

Via Mike Flynn:

Democrats have made the issue of “income inequality” the cornerstone of their platform going into the November elections. In less than two months, the House Democrats will discuss this and other issues at the swanky and posh St. Regis hotel in Manhattan. Rooms start at $695 a night if you would like to join them.

Of course, you can’t simply show up at the DCCC’s “Issues Conference.” According to the email invitation, “[t]his annual Issues Conference is open to 2014 DCCC Business and Labor Council Platinum Members and to our 2014 Chairman’s Council Members.” I’m not certain what it takes to be a “plantinum member,” but I imagine it takes the kind of money that doesn’t blink at a $695 hotel room. Helpfully, the DCCC says you can contact them to determine one’s “eligibility.”

You gotta be a special kind of stupid to vote dimocrap.

You really do.

Forum List

Back