Republicans: Threatend violence unimportant, just pretend they aren't happening

I was just watching a Republican strategist and the most fucked up thing was that they BLAMED THE DEMS FOR THIS BULLSHIT!

They said it started when Bush Jr. was in office, and in a tit for tat fashion, they're just returning back to them what Bush Jr. had shoveled his way.

She then stated that the Dems were doing it too, because apparently some Dems are stating that they have guns as well and know how to use them.

If this keeps going, we could end up with another civil war, the country is divided enough already. Can the GOP at least agree they need to cooperate with the Dems?

We will not have a civil war...the country is not situated in such a neat way (north vs south; east vs west) to make that feasible.

We may have violence..sporatic violence by small terrorist groups...but no civil war.

I hope you are right on that. You are right in the fact that we are too intermingled to have a civil war that would result in the division of the land, but I'm not so sure that there won't be "a civil war in the streets".

Immie

I've never known a dem to pass up a good chance to demonize a group they disagree with .....

Ever watch the movie "Southland Tales"?

Yeah, you realize it was a work of fiction right? It's not a documentary. It didn't actually happen. It's not an applicable example anyway because the story line doesn't fit with this discussion.

Ever watch the movie "Southland Tales"?

Yeah, you realize it was a work of fiction right? It's not a documentary. It didn't actually happen. It's not an applicable example anyway because the story line doesn't fit with this discussion.

Hey stupid, I didn't say that it was a documentary, I said that with the way this country has divided itself, that could be a possible scenario.

I mean........a year ago, who would have thought that some American would fly an airplane into a government building, or who would have thought that American citizens would show up at a health care rally held by the President, with loaded weapons?

If it keeps up, there could be a similar scenario. There have been SEVERAL GOP governors who have stated that secession from the Union would be a good thing.

Like I said.......did you see the movie?

I was just watching a Republican strategist and the most fucked up thing was that they BLAMED THE DEMS FOR THIS BULLSHIT!

They've been successful with that turnabout technique in the past, but I don't see it working for them this time. Especially after the pathetic attempt by Cantor to try and show how supporters of the bill are just as violent as its opponents.

Forum List

Back