Republicans still making hilariously absurd claims

The LED bulb shit still pissed me off. We were told they were supposed to last so much longer. They don’t, at least not enough to justify their high prices.

Dunno if LED bulbs last longer (just started using them), but I can damn sure tell you that for automobile lights LEDs are the way to go. Installed 9006 and 9005 LED headlight bulbs in my car to replace the halogens that it came with (it's a 2008), and WOW! Not only are they lower draw on power, but they are also around the same price as halogen headlight bulbs, and a hell of a lot brighter (which is the main reason I looked into them as I do a lot of driving on back roads and need to be able to see the deer that might jump out in front). The low beams (9006) throws a lot tighter and brighter beam and no, they don't blind oncoming drivers. If I want to do that, I switch to the high beams (9005), it lights up probably almost 1/4 mile down the road, as well as shines very well on the sides, making it MUCH easier to see deer if they are there. Just switched my brake lights to LED's as well, and they are probably 3-4 times brighter than the halogens, plus they blink 4 times when you first hit the brake, then beam steady. Gets the attention of whoever is behind you quite well, greatly reducing the chances of being rear ended (and they're legal). Based on experience so far, I'm gonna switch ALL my light bulbs on my car to LED's. But, do your research, as there are cheap ones out there that can be problematic. AUXITO and Fahren seem to be good LED bulbs, as well as don't mess with my electrical system or cause errors or hyperflash.

In fact, one of the reasons that Freon was used instead of such chemicals as ammonia, used in more primitive refrigeration systems, is that it is, for the most part, very chemically and biologically inert.

Not very toxic at all.

As for the alleged “ozone hole”, there are many serious problems with the claim that it ever existed, or that man-made chemicals such as Freon had anything to do with it. One of the biggest problems is a huge volcano, Mount Erebus, which on a daily basis, spews out more ozone-depleting chemicals than Mankind has ever produced, and has been doing so for far longer than Mankind has existed. Care to guess where Mount Erebus is located, relative to the alleged “ozone hole”?

Might wanna do some looking into your statement that freon isn't very toxic. It's actually quite dangerous. Here is a link (from actual medical people), which will tell you that it's dangerous.

Refrigerant poisoning​

Coolant poisoning; Freon poisoning; Fluorinated hydrocarbon poisoning; Sudden sniffing death syndrome
A refrigerant is a chemical that makes things cold. This article discusses poisoning from sniffing or swallowing such chemicals.

The most common poisoning occurs when people intentionally sniff a type of refrigerant called Freon.

It specifically names Freon as the most common refrigerant poisoning substance.

Here are some of the things it can do to you................

Symptoms​

LUNGS
EYES, EARS, NOSE, AND THROAT
  • Severe pain in the throat
  • Severe pain or burning in the nose, eyes, ears, lips, or tongue
  • Loss of vision
STOMACH AND INTESTINES
  • Severe abdominal pain
  • Vomiting
  • Burns of the food pipe (esophagus)
  • Vomiting blood
  • Blood in the stool
HEART AND BLOOD
  • Irregular heart rhythms
  • Collapse
SKIN
  • Irritation
  • Burn
  • Necrosis (holes) in the skin or underlying tissues
Most symptoms result from breathing in the substance.

The above says that most of the symptoms of freon poisoning come from breathing it in. Sorry, but Freon is highly toxic and dangerous.

Why is always the same rhetoric from the left. The repubs are lying, it's a conspiracy theory, it'll
never happen.......then it's not a lie, it's no longer a conspiracy theory, and it's happening.

In New York and California, new construction will no longer be loading up the buildings with natural gas stoves
after 2030.
The Democrats have a slew of lying propaganda they keep repeating.

The GOP will eliminate Medicare and Social Security.It is not in their platform and they never tried it

The 2017 Tax cut was all for the wealthy.IRS reports most went to middle class

Trump is a racist.

MAGA Republicans are dangerous extremists. MAGA is a campaign slogan, nothing more, and Reagan used it.

The Bullet Killed
The person is the Killer.

It's not really that difficult to understand.

It's fun to watch you sputter in ignorance.
No need to respond, I've had enough 'stupid' from you today.
Did the bullet go to prison, howler monkey?

Dunno if LED bulbs last longer (just started using them), but I can damn sure tell you that for automobile lights LEDs are the way to go. Installed 9006 and 9005 LED headlight bulbs in my car to replace the halogens that it came with (it's a 2008), and WOW! Not only are they lower draw on power, but they are also around the same price as halogen headlight bulbs, and a hell of a lot brighter (which is the main reason I looked into them as I do a lot of driving on back roads and need to be able to see the deer that might jump out in front). The low beams (9006) throws a lot tighter and brighter beam and no, they don't blind oncoming drivers. If I want to do that, I switch to the high beams (9005), it lights up probably almost 1/4 mile down the road, as well as shines very well on the sides, making it MUCH easier to see deer if they are there. Just switched my brake lights to LED's as well, and they are probably 3-4 times brighter than the halogens, plus they blink 4 times when you first hit the brake, then beam steady. Gets the attention of whoever is behind you quite well, greatly reducing the chances of being rear ended (and they're legal). Based on experience so far, I'm gonna switch ALL my light bulbs on my car to LED's. But, do your research, as there are cheap ones out there that can be problematic. AUXITO and Fahren seem to be good LED bulbs, as well as don't mess with my electrical system or cause errors or hyperflash.
I hate LED headlights. While they do make it much easier to see, when other cars have them many times they are blinding at night time.

Winco
Put it this way. Load a gun, lay it on a table in front of you. Wait for it to kill someone. I'll wait until that happens. Keep talking Winnie, you're a moron. I think the actual cause of death is usually listed as GSW which is an acronym for Gun Shot Wound. Not gun, not bullet. Your welcome, but I am getting bored with trying to educate your ass. You are the reason Johnny can't read.
Yea, the killer just threw the bullit at the victim.

By the way, induction stoves are awesome. They do everything better than gas stoves.

Oh wait, you can't toast a marshmallow over an induction stove. There's that.

It's just a matter of price now. But the price will keep coming down.

I hate LED headlights. While they do make it much easier to see, when other cars have them many times they are blinding at night time.

That's because most people don't research to figure out what LED bulb works with what car. Nope, but they aren't exactly a "one size fits all", since they come in a large variety of shapes, sizes, number of LED chips and lumens (brightness). Then, there are some of the people who simply think "brighter is better", without considering the shape of the mirrors in their headlight housing. Yeah, those people kinda irritate me as well. Want some humorous light reading? Go to Amazon and check out the LED bulb descriptions. After reading what the bulb will and won't do, go to the 1 and 2 star ratings for the bulb. Many times the people bitching about the bulb not working didn't do their research and ended up buying the wrong ones, or installing them incorrectly. Me? I did a couple of weeks worth of research before figuring out what would and wouldn't work well, and I gotta say, I'm pleased as hell with the bulbs I figured out for my car (so far).

When it's snowing and you have the LED headlights, it can be difficult, gives you the Star Wars effect.

Only if you use the high beam setting. On the low beam setting (and if your headlight housings are correctly set), they work as well or better than fog lights. I was thinking of putting a set of fog lights on my car, but with the way the LEDs work, I don't need to, other than for cosmetic reasons. Yeah, I tried driving in rain and flurries with the high beams, and you are correct, it looks like being in the Millenium Falcon when it jumps to hyperspace with LED high beams. But on the low beam settings they work quite well vs. what halogens do.

Republicans supply a steady stream of things for their supporters to be upset about. It makes no difference if their accusations are real or rational. The most recent silly claim is that Biden is going to ban gas stoves. There is no truth to that claim, any more than all the other claims that have been made, but the right has enough media sources to spread such silly claims to their supporters. How long will stovegate be on top of their fears, and what might the next silly claim be?
You are going to Eat Bugs when the Goons at Davos tell you to, aren't you little lemming?

You are going to Eat Bugs when the Goons at Davos tell you to, aren't you little lemming?

Actually, bugs are very high in protein content, and if you prepare the right ones correctly for eating, they can be quite tasty.

Would probably be better (as well as more nutritious) if fake hamburgers were made out of processed bugs instead of veggies due to their protein content, but I don't think that most people are ready for "bug burgers".

However, in many cultures, eating certain bugs is considered a staple, if not a delicacy.

Actually, bugs are very high in protein content, and if you prepare the right ones correctly for eating, they can be quite tasty.

Would probably be better (as well as more nutritious) if fake hamburgers were made out of processed bugs instead of veggies due to their protein content, but I don't think that most people are ready for "bug burgers".

However, in many cultures, eating certain bugs is considered a staple, if not a delicacy.
Eating the overwhelming majority of bugs, beetles and other insects is an abomination.

Leviticus:
20 All flying insects that walk on all fours are to be detestable to you.
21 There are, however, some winged creatures that walk on all fours that you may eat: those that have jointed legs for hopping on the ground.
22 Of these you may eat any kind of locust, katydid, cricket or grasshopper.
23 But all other winged creatures that have four legs you are to detest.
24 You will make yourselves unclean by these; whoever touches their carcasses will be unclean till evening.

Eating the overwhelming majority of bugs, beetles and other insects is an abomination.

Leviticus:
21 There are, however, some winged creatures that walk on all fours that you may eat: those that have jointed legs for hopping on the ground.
24 You will make yourselves unclean by these; whoever touches their carcasses will be unclean till evening.

Interesting that you would use a book that was considered to be primarily for the Jewish priests for your argument, but okay.

BTW.............the bugs you listed that could be eaten are the very ones that many places eat.

Leviticus:
Then go collect a few grasshoppers & chow down, genius. Let us know how you make out. :cuckoo:

New Topics

Forum List

Back